String line

hardwork

String line

Post by hardwork »

Would anyone else like to have a string line available. I thinking when you would like to extend a field or make a new one you could have a line to two points to see the layout. A three point line would be even better allowing you to curve somewhat if needed or allow you to make two legs of a rectangle or square. Don't know if this is something Giants or a modder could do. Seems to me that if you can turn a fence line on and off it would be possible. Also this would be nice if you wanted to make a road through the forest and have it straight. Maybe it could be in placeables for a small fee.
redglasses

Re: String line

Post by redglasses »

like something to just mark it out?
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
hardwork

Post by hardwork »

Yes It would help when lining up trees in a orchard, when lining up buildings anything you would like lined up. I see complaints that it is hard to get the proper location and orientation of placeables and I think this would allow to see it's location before placement. I might add that if you buy an odd shaped field and want to use a worker you could mark out a square or rectangle in the field rather that doing all the odd parts that they cant do.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Oh that would be cool, I could see myself using that a bit
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
hardwork

Post by hardwork »

redglasses wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:41 am Oh that would be cool, I could see myself using that a bit
Now all we need is someone to make it. Wonder how many of the 263 lookers would use it if it were out. I guess the simple things are the hardest to get done.
Sergeant Larson

Post by Sergeant Larson »

I'm a concrete guy so I cant tell you how many times I've thought the same thing when expanding odd shaped fields. I think it would be an awesome mod, but lets hear from a modder...is it as simple as we think? Also make it in hot pink so people are less likely to walk off with it. :lol:
"What good is a house if you haven't got a tolerable planet to put it on?"
-Henry David Thoreau

XBONE
ILL6 Cooperative
Sosnovka Hard No Seasons 270 hrs
Bastogne, Montana
Lone Oak Farm Normal No Seasons
hardwork

Post by hardwork »

Sergeant Larson wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:47 pm I'm a concrete guy so I cant tell you how many times I've thought the same thing when expanding odd shaped fields. I think it would be an awesome mod, but lets hear from a modder...is it as simple as we think? Also make it in hot pink so people are less likely to walk off with it. :lol:
I started to rethink my post. It would seem that thousand year old technology is to difficult to figure out. Maybe I should have said I like to see a 3 axis green laser, tripod with compass rose and accurate to 1 inch in 5 hundred feet. Have it sell for $50,000.00 and they would be happy to buy it.
But I think three sticks and a $5.00 roll of string is good enough for us. Do you think they know what 3 4 5 is?
Sergeant Larson

Post by Sergeant Larson »

Well the tool would have to come with a 345 function so you could lay out 90s at whatever angle in relation to exiting structures. :mrgreen: Could it be a hand tool like the seasons soil reader? Point and click a spot, walk to the next spot point and click, and it sets a string. Maybe allow for 5-6 points and you could lay out an entire field. "The old ways is the best ways" lol The laser is for a future time when we need it to shoot elevations. Hello level grade for building placement. Come to think of it, Giants should just make "Construction Simulator 2021" :lol:
"What good is a house if you haven't got a tolerable planet to put it on?"
-Henry David Thoreau

XBONE
ILL6 Cooperative
Sosnovka Hard No Seasons 270 hrs
Bastogne, Montana
Lone Oak Farm Normal No Seasons
hardwork

Post by hardwork »

You know as well as I that a mark on a line at 3 and the other at 4 and another 5 foot stick would do it. I believe in the KISS principle. (Keep it
simple stupid)