Seasons Mod Thread #2

Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Re: Seasons Mod Thread #2

Post by Rahkiin »

silage never rots
straw rots when rain, or when a heap (not baled)
hay rots when rain, or when a heap
grass rots, always

EDIT: forgot: Straw and hay bales will not rot if under roof.
Last edited by Rahkiin on Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FarmerGerz18

Post by FarmerGerz18 »

Hi, I'm new to using seasons on Xbox.
How do you show the 5 day weather forecast on screen below the time (top right of screen)?
Xbox One
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Rahkiin wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:36 pm silage never rots
straw rots when rain, or when a heap (not baled)
hay rots when rain, or when a heap
grass rots, always
Straw and hay bales will not rot if under roof.
Psychohate

Post by Psychohate »

FarmerGerz18 wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:53 pm Hi, I'm new to using seasons on Xbox.
How do you show the 5 day weather forecast on screen below the time (top right of screen)?
Hold down LB + RB and the B button
New farmer mode always
Xbox Series x/..... Being kind don't cost a dime
FarmerGerz18

Post by FarmerGerz18 »

Psychohate wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:49 pm
FarmerGerz18 wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:53 pm Hi, I'm new to using seasons on Xbox.
Hold down LB + RB and the B button
Nice one *thumbsup*
Xbox One
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

I have an interesting question regarding an experiment I conducted. I am so unlucky when it comes to snow. I never seem to get any. So I went onto my test map, on the first day of winter, and I turned on the snowy lands mod. I then saved, went back to the menu, and disabled it. I then went back into my test map and changed the length from 6 to 9 days and then back again to reset the weather. I had my snow. It did stay even after I disabled the geo. So my question is: will this cause any issues or is it safe?
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Snow itself isn't safe in the first place. As I'm on PS4, I'm a bit limited on RAM wise. So, too much snow extremely messes up with my map and game play. I really don't like it. I think I'm gonna use Italy or US midwest geo just because they are warmer geos with less snow.

On to your question, I've fiddled around with geo and season length settings a lot just for testing purposes. Didn't really encounter anything problematic or unsafe.
PS5 / FS22
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

RODHA wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 8:18 am Snow itself isn't safe in the first place. As I'm on PS4, I'm a bit limited on RAM wise. So, too much snow extremely messes up with my map and game play. I really don't like it. I think I'm gonna use Italy or US midwest geo just because they are warmer geos with less snow.

On to your question, I've fiddled around with geo and season length settings a lot just for testing purposes. Didn't really encounter anything problematic or unsafe.
Thx appreciate the feedback

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

No prob *thumbsup*
PS5 / FS22
Jlf85

Post by Jlf85 »

This has likely been tackled before, but I can't find it on a search. When you start a map like Altenstein with animals, how do they keep them alive when the grass hasn't grown in and you have no straw, silage etc?
Thefisherj

Post by Thefisherj »

Are you on pc or console? Pc there is a buy bale mod
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

Addictedtofs wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 7:20 am I have an interesting question regarding an experiment I conducted. I am so unlucky when it comes to snow. I never seem to get any. So I went onto my test map, on the first day of winter, and I turned on the snowy lands mod. I then saved, went back to the menu, and disabled it. I then went back into my test map and changed the length from 6 to 9 days and then back again to reset the weather. I had my snow. It did stay even after I disabled the geo. So my question is: will this cause any issues or is it safe?

Well it didn’t cause any issues but it also didn’t work. It lowered the temperature, but there was no snow. It’s weird but oh well.

Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

Anybody playing lawfolds with seasons enabled?
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

I did for about 150 hours, when seasons was first released. I don't recall having any issues besides snow falling in buildings and tree/hedge textures not changing.
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
Jlf85

Post by Jlf85 »

Thefisherj wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 1:43 am Are you on pc or console? Pc there is a buy bale mod
Console