Personal Map Preference Poll - Frontier Design

What are your most important top 3 mod map features?

Poll ended at Thu May 17, 2018 9:19 am

Performance, good FPS, no lag.
20%
Realistic, beautiful, detailed scenery
26%
Extra gameplay features
9%
Map based on the country you live
13%
Large, open, spacious map layout
10%
Small, tight, narrow, map layout
8%
Map focused on Arable farming
8%
Map focused on Livestock farming
5%
Map focused on Logging/Forestry
2%

Total votes: 258

BulletBill

Personal Map Preference Poll - Frontier Design

Post by BulletBill »

Frontier Design Personal Map Preference Poll

As we near the end of Farming Simulator 17 we have received many thousands of suggestions on how we should make our maps better to suit that individual players preferences.
  Obviously first and foremost we make our maps for our own enjoyment, but we are always looking for ways to improve the quality and enjoyability of our maps.
  We can't cater for everyones individual suggestions as some aren't possible with the way the game works, others we don't personally like, and others are just plain daft. :lol:

What we would like to do is get an idea of what the majority of farm sim players like to play most. What are the top 3 map features that matter most to them.

By taking part in this poll it will help us to see where we can improve our maps to suit an even larger auidence.

Frontier Design

PLEASE NOTE: You have 3 votes each to choose your top 3 map features.
RODHA

Re: Personal Map Preference Poll - Frontier Design

Post by RODHA »

It seems I'm the first to vote :biggrin2:

Thanks for taking my comments on the other thread into consideration and starting the poll also in this forum BulletBill, appreciated *thumbsup* :hi:

My choice would always be the first 2 options as you and Oxygendavid have already proved that both can co-exist on the same map and they make all the difference in terms of the joy I can get from a map *thumbsup*

I also took the 3rd one as some extra gameplay features would considerably refresh things up. I hope that would be possible for consoles too :smileynew:
PS5 / FS22
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

NO starting farm..yes farm....not farms...no starting equipment, cash..... and available for console

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
AgPro Farms

Post by AgPro Farms »

Performance, realism, and the country I live in. Next in line would be the open spacious layout. Good thinking on the poll though, Frontier Designs. Very considerate of you to request feedback from the community on what they want. Things like this are why you guys are at the top of the modding community!! Thanks for all you do, and look forward to seeing what the future holds for y'all and us in FS19.
AgPro Farms
PS4 User
Mississippi, USA
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

cr41g_1965 wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 2:01 pm NO starting farm..yes farm....not farms...no starting equipment, cash..... and available for console
You got my vote.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

cr41g_1965 wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 2:01 pmNO starting farm..yes farm....not farms...no starting equipment, cash..... and available for console
Some of us, like myself for example, might be completely deprived of something called "imagination" :biggrin2:
That would probably make that empty map to stay empty :mrgreen:
PS5 / FS22
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

I must be one of the lucky one's because I haven't had any Performance issues on any map and I play on PS4. only one map that had a problem was on start up but it only lasted for about 10 sec. I don't remember the name of the map. So No Performance issues for me. All I can say is it come down to the feel of the map if i'm going to play that map. I try every map that comes out for about 2 to 4 hours and if it doesn't feel right to me I don't play it anymore, It's hard to explain why. So good luck and have a great day
BostonJohnny1226

Post by BostonJohnny1226 »

My biggest thing with any mod....no errors when released. If any mod, especially maps, need more than 2 fixes, that should tell you to stay away from that modders stuff.

With that being said, i do show patience as well. Ive seen a big increase in the maps made by SOMS2 and Stevie in just the past year. But there are map makers that have the same problems on every map they make.....i mean to get to version 6.5 on the same map? No way
Bungle

Post by Bungle »

lefe1 wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 2:48 pm I must be one of the lucky one's because I haven't had any Performance issues on any map and I play on PS4. only one map that had a problem was on start up but it only lasted for about 10 sec. I don't remember the name of the map. So No Performance issues for me. All I can say is it come down to the feel of the map if i'm going to play that map. I try every map that comes out for about 2 to 4 hours and if it doesn't feel right to me I don't play it anymore, It's hard to explain why. So good luck and have a great day
Lawfolds stutters and lags on start up for me....... Xbone.
Playing on XBone in Somerset, UK - Typically spending more time on the forum than actually playing the game.
HowDoYouDo

Post by HowDoYouDo »

For me its the performance that is the most important. With a high refresh rate monitor it's very difficult to play games at lower frame rates due to the lower fidelity of the experience. It's one of those things that once you experience it, it becomes difficult to go back so to speak.

It seems that with a lot of the custom maps no matter what your computer specs are there are FPS drops due to the way the engine loads things coupled with how some of the maps are produced. I can run modern AAA games at 144 FPS constant but some of the custom farming sim maps dip down to 90. The stock maps run fine though.
Farmer216

Post by Farmer216 »

cr41g_1965 wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 2:01 pm NO starting farm..yes farm....not farms...no starting equipment, cash..... and available for console
I would play that. I have all these cool sheds downloaded, and nowhere to use them.
I want a map that doesnt force me to "start here", or spend day 1 selling starter equipment.

As far as your survey:

1. Good performance is always a factor. On console, I've yet to find a bad one.

2. Detailed scenery keeps it feeling "new" longer. Admittedly, much of the detail will likely be ignored/missed by many users. But people who roleplay their character will notice the little things.

3. Extra gameplay features: I'm not sure what you mean by this. But two things that make a map stand out for me.
I) The ability to merge fields AND remove bushes with a plow. I like to grow with my farm. Sometimes that means merging 4 small fields into one larger one. Sometimes that means cutting an access road through the woods to make a shortcut. Estancia Lapacho Nailed this one.
II) Somewhere other than the farm to go. On Estancia Lapacho, I "lived" in an an apartment in town for first 10 game days, then I "moved" into the house by the chickens for the remainder. At the end of the work day, I get in my truck and go "home".
Gates that open/close are nice. But unless there are animals or vehicles inside, they'll get left open.

4. I'm American, so I do tend to play maps that the AI drives on the right side of the road.

5. I tend to use small/medium equipment. I LOVE having a large field for them to work. I like having a vista to overlook the property I own.

6. I tend to get annoyed moving equipment around on maps that are too tight. If I feel trapped by the map, I tend to move on. I forget the name, but I remember trying a map and spending 45 minutes trying to get a harvester into the field. I deleted the map because IRL I would have widened the gate, ingame I'm SOL.
That being said, If small tight fields could be purchased individually and then plowed into a larger field, that would feel like growth to me. I love feeling like I've affected my environment.

7. Arable ~ 90% of my gameplay is crop farming. This is literally why I play this game. Many people like square fields the AI can easily work. I'm moving onto odd shaped fields that require more human prep work before the AI can finish. (Playing Oregon Springs)

8. Livestock ~ Most of the time, animals come long after I'm financially stable. The only exceptions were Estancia (I bought 20 cows and have grown to 200), and
American Outback where I bought cows and farmed to feed them.
I don't mind chickens wandering around, but hate searching for eggs.
I don't want to live anywhere near pigs. I did pig farming when I was younger. NO MORE!
I like having cows.
Sheep are easy to keep but I hate loading pallets.

9. Logging ~ If I play with seasons, this is literally the only way I survive. I live in the Pacific Northwest so I like to see a dense evergreen forest. I don't mind clearing trees from the edge of my property so the AI can turn easier.

-=-=-=-

That was probably too much.
I still haven't voted. lol

I look forward to seeing whatever you create.
Last edited by Farmer216 on Tue May 08, 2018 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I play on Xbox3 (Which they called the "One" for some reason)
Addicted to Farm Sim since: 6-26-2k17
FS17@ 5,336hrs ~ FS19@ 3377hrs (updated 2.18.21)
Frozen Catalyst

Post by Frozen Catalyst »

I voted 1,2 and 9.

Ticked 9 because I'm a forester by training and since Seasons came out on to consoles, I've found myself looking for maps that have some nice forests to work in. I put a pine plantation in on Ballincraig Estate, and the Old Shed mod allows me to sell the timber.

I would really like a small map/farm like Ballincraig but situated in a larger realistic looking forest that I could harvest coupes out of. I do like the how the forests are done on Oakfield and The West Coast just they are a bit small, Oakfield certainly in this case.
Xbox One |FS22| Holmåkra
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

Farmer216 wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 2:20 am
I would play that. I have all these cool sheds downloaded, and nowhere to use them.
I want a map that doesnt force me to "start here", or spend day 1 selling starter equipment.

EXACTLY...I hate having to start HERE...let me start wherever the fu** I please... that would make a map last longer and be more enjoyable in my opinion... No farm...but have the ability to place the farmhouse, caravan/trailer, sheds and silos to create my own farm.. wherever I want

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
RogueRooster

Post by RogueRooster »

there is a mod that saves where you left the last time you saved so that when you load up your save you start where you saved, not sure if that's on console though ... just another little thing that's fixed by having a pc rather than swearing at people