Poll about Horsch DLC

Should GIANTS releash HORSCH DLC mods.as individual pieces?

Poll ended at Thu May 10, 2018 10:51 pm

Yes.
22%
No.
45%
Neutral.
16%
Smaller groups of equipment.
18%

Total votes: 51

TacoFarmer

Poll about Horsch DLC

Post by TacoFarmer »

First off,thanks to GIANTS for all their work and all modders.Im thinking GIANTS should release.the mods individually,or in smaller groups,etc the Challenger tractors,the slurry equipment.
Thoughts?
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
Skullblits

Re: Poll about Horsch DLC

Post by Skullblits »

Why?
New to farming? Ask questions here. viewtopic.php?f=893&t=107651

PS4 user
Angryfarmer

Post by Angryfarmer »

:confusednew: how come? Not sure i see why. Not knocking your idea but it was a free dlc. Maybe im missing something but what do you gain? I just hope it carries over with the big bud dlc into 19
parad0x177

Post by parad0x177 »

Angryfarmer wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 11:44 pm :confusednew: how come? Not sure i see why. Not knocking your idea but it was a free dlc. Maybe im missing something but what do you gain? I just hope it carries over with the big bud dlc into 19
I also fail to see the point. In my mind, it would just make managing my mods (even) more of a headache. :confusednew:
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

No it lets him choose which vehicles and equipment he uses. The pack as a whole is over 600mb, which is the size of a map. So if he only wants the challengers and seed tender he needs to install a mod that is the size of a map...
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
CMDRTAKEDOWN

Post by CMDRTAKEDOWN »

Only thing that I don't use is the seed tender so wouldn't save much mb's for me.
PS4
PS5
Angryfarmer

Post by Angryfarmer »

redglasses wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 12:46 am No it lets him choose which vehicles and equipment he uses. The pack as a whole is over 600mb, which is the size of a map. So if he only wants the challengers and seed tender he needs to install a mod that is the size of a map...
I didnt realize it was actually that large. It could benefit some then. I usually have a couple hundred mods active so i dont give it alot of thought. Wouldnt hurt my feeling if the dlc was offered individual or as a whole other than id rather download em all at once lol
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

redglasses wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 12:46 amThe pack as a whole is over 600mb, which is the size of a map.
600MB is the map not the vehicles pack. Vehicles are 226.42 MB.
But still thats a lot of space for consoles as they have limited mod space.
I also think thats the reason why Taco requests partial release.

But even at partial release I don't think I would use them anyways.
As the mods themselves are very well made and detailed, they take way too much slots when you buy them.
Depleted slot count causes some headaches which I don't like.
PS5 / FS22
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

RODHA wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 8:35 am
redglasses wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 12:46 amThe pack as a whole is over 600mb, which is the size of a map.
600MB is the map not the vehicles pack. Vehicles are 226.42 MB.
But still thats a lot of space for consoles as they have limited mod space.
I also think thats the reason why Taco requests partial release.

But even at partial release I don't think I would use them anyways.
As the mods themselves are very well made and detailed, they take way too much slots when you buy them.
Depleted slot count causes some headaches which I don't like.
Oh I messed up then lol, but your right thats still alot
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Guitarman

Post by Guitarman »

I can see the appeal of separate releases. I don't currently use it because my computer can't handle too many mods on at once and I would only use a couple of implements. Saying that, it probably would get a bit messy to separate it at this stage.
Optimist: Glass is half full
Pessimist: Glass is half empty

Engineer: The glass is twice the size it needs to be!

PC Specs (upgraded at last!): Acer Orion 3000; i5-8400, 8Gb Ram, GTX 1050ti, Intel Optane 16gb
jbordelon

Post by jbordelon »

That would be nice. The only two things I use from the pack are the seed tender and the tracked fertilizer spreader. The rest is just wasted space.
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

I want the corn planter without the rest.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
RogueRooster

Post by RogueRooster »

RODHA wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 8:35 amthey take way too much slots when you buy them.

Little question from a PC/Craptop player ... slots ... I know there's a thread about slot system but it doesn't apply to me so can someone summarise the entire slot thread into a paragraph or even better a sentence as I know nothing about the plight of you poor console players and how it all works. I'm going to be busy tonight, I'm just laying out terrain at the moment but GDN here I come unless I could get a quick easy answer here.
Last edited by RogueRooster on Fri May 04, 2018 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

As we all know, consoles are restricted in their hardware. To prevent the consoles from crashing and the game from heavy stuttering, giants implemented a slot system, the more ressources a mod needs, the more slots it fills, a weight fills maybe one or two slots while a large machine like the new Fendt 1000 fills over 30 slots.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
RogueRooster

Post by RogueRooster »

Okay, what about maps though, if I'm understanding rightly you also have a limit on the amount of space for mods altogether so a large map say above the 500 mb mark is going to leave you less space for your other mods or am I getting confused because I still have a 360 lol