Why Farming Simulator?

Why did you start playing Farming Simulator?

You are a farmer and simply love farming
13%
You always wanted to be a farmer and can now live out your dream
14%
You enjoy playing simulation games
15%
You enjoy operating equipment/implements/machines
16%
Randomly happened across the game and now love it
37%
Other
5%

Total votes: 107

reider

Re: Why Farming Simulator?

Post by reider »

I love all kinds of Simulations more than any other games. But at the same time the graphics and animations are superb. The game play can be a puzzle to start with low finances and build your farm up. Enjoy the many forms of real life based machinery. But you know what? I also get a feeling of contentment and relaxation from playing it. I've been playing the many variations for years and still seem to play it more than any other game including my other much valued simulators. It just seems to have that special something and it's no one single component but a combination of all things. Even editing the farm and fields is enjoyable if a little frustrating with the awkward UI in the Giants Editor. When the next version comes out I will buy it no questions asked.
reider

Post by reider »

I love all kinds of Simulations more than any other games. But at the same time the graphics and animations are superb. The game play can be a puzzle to start with low finances and build your farm up. Enjoy the many forms of real life based machinery. But you know what? I also get a feeling of contentment and relaxation from playing it. I've been playing the many variations for years and still seem to play it more than any other game including my other much valued simulators. It just seems to have that special something and it's no one single component but a combination of all things. Even editing the farm and fields is enjoyable if a little frustrating with the awkward UI in the Giants Editor. When the next version comes out I will buy it no questions asked. I am a semi invalid on a low budget but Farming Sim is a part of my life I could not comprehend living without.
Derplodactyl

Post by Derplodactyl »

It's a mixture for me.

I love simulations of many types, and it was by total chance that I came across this. I watch a lot of Squirrel on You Tube, and he did a first look when it came out. I thought it looked great, so I bought it.

Hadn't fallen for a game so quick. Love it. 😁
- James G | Derplodactyl (The Jaggler)
- Giants Ambassador 🇬🇧
- PC & Xbox One

PC Specs:
-AsRock B550M Extreme4 Steel Legend
-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
-EVGA RTX 3080Ti XC3 Ultra
-Corsair 32GB DDR4 @3600MHz
-1TB Samsung 970 Evo Pro M.2 + 256gb NVMe Storage
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

Saw videos of the vehicles/equipment in FS15 and was blown away that you could operate them in a game (I didn't even know farming simulators existed, as a life-long console gamer). I think the first video I watched was about the Ponsse Scorpion King, and I thought it was the coolest thing ever.

One of my friends had bought the game at the same time I did even though neither of us knew the other was getting it and neither of us had ever played any simulation games.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

This is such a hard poll. I love farming but I love the equipment in the game, too bad I couldn't pick two :lol:
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Guitarman

Post by Guitarman »

I've put randomly stumbled across it which is true, but not directly. I've always loved simulation games like many others, but I originally stumbled across Demolition Company (A game Giants made a while shortly after fs11 I believe), which I got hooked on and led me to look at their other games, by which time fs2013 had been released recently. I remember downloading the demo and putting hours into it I loved it so much.
Optimist: Glass is half full
Pessimist: Glass is half empty

Engineer: The glass is twice the size it needs to be!

PC Specs (upgraded at last!): Acer Orion 3000; i5-8400, 8Gb Ram, GTX 1050ti, Intel Optane 16gb
RogueRooster

Post by RogueRooster »

I'm not sure how honest I should be here, I tried the game via a naughty download as I was strapped for cash and wanted something new to play and thought farming would be funny to do. I got hooked within the first couple of hours of playing fs15 and within 4 hours of starting on the pirate version I'd bought the full game and then bought all the subsequent DLC's for fs15 as I was loving it so much. I then obviously bought FS17 and the kuhn dlc (didn't buy the rest as they wouldn't have fit in with the play style I'd developed over the previous 2-3 years)
When I bought it after the trial run shall we call it, I didn't even know about the modding community or anything about the developers at the time, it was something I tried and thought It'd stave off boredome for an hour or two and then I ended up hooked on it. Barely played anything else since except Footy Manager which my dad buys me every birthday for tradition.
Can I just add that if you have perhaps downloaded the game via naughty ways but you are still enjoying then do the right thing and buy it properly like I did. If you don't buy it then giants will have less money to improve the next iteration of the game. Hope I don't get told off for being too honest here but that's how I got into FS
Tuurboclaw

Post by Tuurboclaw »

I have played Xbox for years. The halo series was always my favorite. One day my son rented fs15 from the library and kept bugging me to play. Finally one Saturday afternoon i sat down with him and we started a new farm together. He went to bed in the evening and I played until 4:45 in the morning! Then I went to bed and got up a few hours later and played all day Sunday. That’s when you know a game is really good and very addicting! I love this game.
Robbh6

Post by Robbh6 »

It's a combination of things for me.

I've always been fascinated by agriculture and machinery since I was a kid.
My grandfather was a farmer for most of his life also so remember well the days spent in a tractor with him.

But was always told growing up never to do get into farming. So ended up working in a factory... So from the age of 16 worked in a factory, had less and less to do with agriculture and almost forgot about it until I stumbled across FS15 one day on the xbox store.
Fell in love with the game, and it certainly reignited my interest in farming again.

So at the age of 30 thinking of a change of career from being a structural steel fabricator. This summer I'm going to be helping out on a local farm at weekends. Grain carting. So should help me decide.
PC MasterRace
- Mostly farming on the incredible Lone Oak Farm.

SPECS-
Intel i7-8086k @ 5.2GHz (1.32v)
16GB teamgroup ram @4000Mhz
Gigabyte FE GTX 1080 @ 2152core/2778memory
Asus maximus hero X mobo
Intel 760p Nvme 512GB SSD
1TB SSD
Custom Waterloop.
JamP

Post by JamP »

Just like in movies based on Real Facts ... When we play simulators we know that there is real somewhere and that gives us some of this real experience.

And this is incredible!
Playing on Xbox
Stream on Twitch

From no man's land... Oh, Brazil!

Giants Image Server
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

I typically play rpgs and the rare action game, but I found fs17 when buying my ps4. Ten hours later I had a modest farm on goldcrest and I was hooked. Then I tried mods, and I was completely lost to the world. My social life is nonexistent, my wife thinks I’m nuts. 😂
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
Metal Moss

Post by Metal Moss »

I found FS13 on PlayStation Now through a BlueRay player around 3 or 4 years ago. I was addicted after a few minutes of play. Eventually got 15 on 360 then ps4. When 17 came out played on ps4 for quite a while till decided I was still limited and bought a PC. The FS series has opened me to tons of games and simulators. I don't know anyone IRL that plays FS, only ones I've met on PlayStation and ones from this forum. Why Farm sim? because it's the best(imo) I've played them all.
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

I grew up in a city but farming has been such a key part of my family history (five generations counting my older brother since he now works on the farm I grew up around) that it was impossible for me not to fall in love with farming I’d go to my grandparents (my grand father, uncie and now my brother work on a farm owned by a different family) and ride the tractors with them I’d be a farmer for life if I could but God has other plans for me, I found fs from my older brother when he recommended it to me I didn’t think it would be very good as I had played some farming games growing up but never thought they were as accurate as they could be fs however nailed it and so I’ll always have a copy of farm sim handy to play so long as I have a PlayStation, fs fan boy for life thank you giants for letting me be a farmer when I otherwise couldn’t be
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

I guess I kinda answered wrong I picked the first one but looking back I probably should’ve picked the second one
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

Came across someone on PS4 playing FS15. Was very intrigued so bought FS17 for the PS4 IN November 16. Played it everyday, then decided to get it for the PC.

Absolutely no regrets with the game. Best game I've ever played.

Here's to FS19...
the big print giveth the small print taketh