Personal Map Preference Poll - Frontier Design

What are your most important top 3 mod map features?

Poll ended at Thu May 17, 2018 9:19 am

Performance, good FPS, no lag.
20%
Realistic, beautiful, detailed scenery
26%
Extra gameplay features
9%
Map based on the country you live
13%
Large, open, spacious map layout
10%
Small, tight, narrow, map layout
8%
Map focused on Arable farming
8%
Map focused on Livestock farming
5%
Map focused on Logging/Forestry
2%

Total votes: 258

cr41g_1965

Re: Personal Map Preference Poll - Frontier Design

Post by cr41g_1965 »

^^^ thank you for completely misunderstanding the conversation... and the morality advice....

given a preference I will take swearing over a PC anyday...

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

RogueRooster wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 4:04 pmjust another little thing that's fixed by having a pc rather than swearing at people
What swearing? I don't see any. Can you point out please?
Besides, not everybody needs to like PC gaming and try to find a solution for their problems in a PC.
That simply cannot be a judgment point in any shape or form.
PS5 / FS22
RogueRooster

Post by RogueRooster »

RODHA wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 4:52 pm What swearing? I don't see any. Can you point out please? . . .
cr41g_1965 wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 2:36 pm...let me start wherever the fu** I please...
He bleeped a few characters but we all read what he was saying there, this is supposed to be a child friendly forum, and the rest of his post was asking for things that aren't doable on console.
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

not doable.. ?...says who... as a guess I am thinking it would be no harder to create a map with no owned fields, no starting equipment and no farm as it would be to make a map with all those things...

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

Currently it is not doable because of the animal husbandrys, those have to be part of a map and can't be bought later on. Everything else is possible, though you have to figure out , how to design the map, so you won't have empty places all over the map to build your farm on
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

^^^ animals can be anywhere... they don't have to be at a farm....and in a lot of maps they aren't... they are literally all over the place.. so still doable I would think

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
RogueRooster

Post by RogueRooster »

I'm really not entirely sure what you want, do you want to set your own start point or a flat empty map?

Or a map with animals everywhere :hmm:
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

own start point...that's it.. or ...the ability to sell starting fields so that I can start where i want...
Last edited by cr41g_1965 on Fri May 04, 2018 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
RogueRooster

Post by RogueRooster »

What do you mean? decide what point on the map you start?
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

And that's another thing hardcoded in the map, so it can't be changed by players.
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

ok... I think there is some confusion resulting from not reading the whole thread...

yes when you first start a map you get put in a specific spot on the map...I get it... that IS NOT what I think needs changing...IMHO

I think it would be better to begin a map... where
A. you don't own any of the fields or have a preset "farm" or starting location that says you are tied to this spot forever every time you start a fresh save
b. no starting equipment... pick up what you need to start the map your own way

to me these two things would make any map more enjoyable for repeat playability...

** edit added... there are mods for farmhouses, silos, sheds so that this is possible to build anywhere...if i want to start my farm in the middle of the map...great... if the next time I want to start my farm in the North West corner of the map or the South East of the map...so be it... it becomes a different experience... same map

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
RogueRooster

Post by RogueRooster »

It's impossible without external scripts to start anywhere except where the map maker places a start point, but it is possible to create a map where you have literally nothing BUT a start point. But then the question would be where do they place said start point? You say you want no farm and to start from scratch so place the start point at the shop I guess but then how do you get to the fields to do missions/jobs to earn enough for your first tractor/vehicle. then once you build up and get to the 'farm' aren't you going to the be frustrated everytime you load your save that you have to walk/run from the shop to the farm as your playing it so realisticly? I've literally in the past 2 weeks started making my first map and your raising too many questions than I want to answer, with my map, you'll start at the sheep farm with minimal equipment and rate it low if you don't like it.
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

starting at the shop....sure that would be great... and you can tab to any vehicle that you left off at.. and you would start with some cash...like I said previously in this thread....and I don't know...say equivalent to the base starting equipment most maps DO start with... like a lot of people I sell everything i start with because none of it usually suits me

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
RogueRooster

Post by RogueRooster »

Maps don't suit everyone, I love Oakfield at the moment but got the craving for a smaller tighter map but I can't find one I like so I'm building my own and learning as I go and trying to balance performance with detail is going to give me countless headaches in the end but hey ho, maybe I'll learn some stuff along the way
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

Good for you for making your own map... I admire that....enjoy

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2