[FS19] - Time to really step it up, Giants!

theSeb

Re: [FS19] - Time to really step it up, Giants!

Post by theSeb »

Realismus is a team of people. One of the members (Rahkiin) took a job at Giants.

As for this topic, Giants is a business (a Swiss company) and they will do what makes financial sense. Some people like hard core realism, but how will that impact sales. So far they have strayed down the middle of the line, which is safe. The design concept of Seasons on the other hand was casuals be damned. We did that because we can. There was no money on the line. The priorities change when you have to provide employment and bread for your family.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Those saying it hasn't progressed enough needs to go back and revisit FS2008/09, 2011 and 2013 in particular. I was shocked at how much they'd aged in a relatively short time. FS17 is more of a progression of FS15, but FS19 looks like moving things up again.

Of course somethings haven't progressed as much as others, but that's the case with every single game or software series on the market.

We need to remember Giants is still a small team. It's improved a lot since the early days of course and improving all the time, but it's still a very small team compared to most game devs, and microscopic compared to the AAA teams.
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

Calling them a small team is an excuse that shouldn't apply after 10 years. At this point they are probably just sailing along with modders doing most of the work. without the mods, how many sales would 17 have missed out on? If they said no more mods beginning with 19, would you still buy the game?
Then again, maybe they don't want to increase their value. It's their company to run as they choose.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
Vanilleeis

Post by Vanilleeis »

+1 !
I know the main target group is probably around 8-14 years old but we need atleast OPTIONS to make this an actual simulation. Its an arcade farm game in my opinion and it does not deserve to be called "farming simulator". Its the "Need for Speed" of farming games.
BigNRichlll

Post by BigNRichlll »

thumbwiz wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 12:34 pm If they said no more mods beginning with 19, would you still buy the game?
Then again, maybe they don't want to increase their value. It's their company to run as they choose.
This thought was the only reason I even considered OP's complaint, because I know I wouldn't. I think the fact that Ubisoft has already attempted to buy them out is telling as to how far this game can go. But Giants wants to do that in their own way at their own speed, & honestly I respect that. Giants has always done things the right way in my opinion. I just can't be upset if things develops a little slower than I'd like as a result.
I make jokes that others don't get.
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Vanilleeis wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 1:35 pm +1 !
I know the main target group is probably around 8-14 years old but we need atleast OPTIONS to make this an actual simulation. Its an arcade farm game in my opinion and it does not deserve to be called "farming simulator". Its the "Need for Speed" of farming games.
How?? I haven't played the other games but there are tons of options and settings that let you customize your gameplay, and yes, modders do a lot for the game, but that's because 2 years isn't a lot of time to develop a game. Also, giants sets the standard for mods and helps modders add to the game
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

We all get frustrated with Giants at times, especially when they have just released a new version of FSxx because we know that there is going to be some disappointments like for instance not having the "follow me" mod and not knowing if it is going to make a comeback or not, or finding out that the "soil" mod has gone for good! having to wait three months for the first John Deere tractor to arrive by a good mod maker. And the same thing is going to happen when the new FS19 comes out. You will just have to fall back on FS17 until things get sorted out, I only wish that consoles could get the same scripted mods that we have. As it stands I hope that the bond between Giants and modelers gets stronger.

Please let there be multi-directional ground texturing in FS19....
cmdrbyron

Post by cmdrbyron »

We all have different expectations and experiences with this franchise. We all invested in this product to one extent or another (but arguably, to a similar level financially, in the global-sense).

We all have opinions. We are all entitled to express our (see what I did there?) opinions. We are not obligated to agree with the opinions of others. We should respect the opinions of others.

I would offer that maybe if many properly scoped their statements, acknowledging that they are not speaking for anyone other than themselves, independent of whether or not others may feel the same, these threads would not spiral in the manner they do. Few (if any?) of us have sufficient information available to us to proclaim anything "on behalf of X,Y,Z segments" of the community. Doing so typically escalates any discussion quickly into an "us v them" construct (case-in-point, almost anytime anything comes up that invokes PC v Consoles).

It is my fear that many poignant suggestions/recommendations have been (and will continue to be) lost amidst poor initial presentation, and the ensuing discussions (that often quickly drift away from the original intent).

TL;DR - "Whine"/"Protest" threads/responses posted by individuals proposing to speak on behalf of the community devalue their message. More Wheat, Less Chaff!
BigNRichlll

Post by BigNRichlll »

cmdrbyron wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 6:29 pm More Wheat, Less Chaff!
Baling wheat straw was maybe the funnest part of my childhood, man. Why would you try to take this away from me? Why?!
I make jokes that others don't get.
W1der

Post by W1der »

What cmdrbyron said!

BigNRichlll ... RAOTFLMAO
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

There will always be a conflict of opinion with PC and Consoles while ever there is a gap in the technical aspect of the game, no amount of political correctness is going to solve that issue, it is never going to go away, so you had better get used to it. People that play on the Consoles are going to want what is better for the Consoles, and people that play on the PC are going to want what is best for the PC, that is human nature, it is just how it is.
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

The op asked for more realism such as tire pressure popping the hood (which sounds like checking and servicing the engine to me) and gearshifting for an example of things they’d like to see added, to a point I kinda see why you’d want more realism but also having had to grease an entire cultivator by hand change bearings on a disc gang and help with loading a seed cart by hand I kinda don’t mind not having to do those things, I trust giants and I thought what they did from 15 when I started to 17 which I picked up the day it released was a great improvement, I’ve olayed pure farming 18 and wasn’t impressed I like what giants is doing and I think the other farming games that are popping up will help push them but giants has they edge and I think they’ll keep it
Attack Wave

Post by Attack Wave »

j_maybury wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 3:38 am There will always be a conflict of opinion with PC and Consoles while ever there is a gap in the technical aspect of the game, no amount of political correctness is going to solve that issue, it is never going to go away, so you had better get used to it. People that play on the Consoles are going to want what is better for the Consoles, and people that play on the PC are going to want what is best for the PC, that is human nature, it is just how it is.
Believe it or not, the bigger market for gaming is consoles. I know this as I used to be a paid pro-gamer in a team.
PS4 Gamer. Currently Playing in the Yukon whilst back to Gold Mining.

PS4: Karatekid_30

Go pro or go home *thumbsup*
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

That's probably speculation for most games.
Besides, that doesn't change the fact that there are gaps between consoles and pc.
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

The gaps come from the fact that consoles are built for budget gaming, so they're not as powerful, compared to a PC that's worth $800-$900
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10