Farming Simulator 19: Farm like never before!

Alagos

Re: Farming Simulator 19: Farm like never before!

Post by Alagos »

"lazy", here we have another ignorant person who thinks he knows everything.
Next time, please don't take the time to join a forum just to post something like this.
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
shredhed79

Post by shredhed79 »

I want the farmer to be more important, it's kind of hard to feel immersed in game play when I can't even get into my house and have to stand outside while I fast forward time. Have farmer needs, at the very least feed him and let him sleep. Horses are great but if it still rains in barns what's the point? How can you have a farming sim and not have seasons in the base game? In a simulator little things can be huge!
Guitarman

Post by Guitarman »

I can remember a post a while ago where it was suggested that the hazards were because of limited buttons, but I don't think that was definite.

As for the dashboard lights aren't included in the base game vehicles (on any platform) because of the time required to apply this to every vehicle. As this would differ for each vehicle in the game they wouldn't have had the time to add to each (upon a quick count on the games page on the website I got 71 different tractors/harvesters/lorries). A lot more than adding one set for a mod.
Stegei wrote: We intentionally decided not to add interior lights since we knew that we would not be able to properly pull that off for all the vehicles we have in the game. It not only takes a lot of time to add the lighting elements to each model, but also to investigate how the lighting works exactly for each model, especially because that is not something that you can easily see in most pictures as mostly the lights are not turned on. So we need to take a picture of each model with the lights turned on under the right lighting conditions (in full sun, you won't see the dash lights even if they're turned on). But it's definitely something we would love to have, so it's likely that we'll add this in one of the future versions of the game.

What mods are doing is completely up to the modders. Some do have all the information and the time to add interior lights, others face the same issues as we do, that they don't know how the lighting looks exactly or don't have the time to add them. And probably some just don't care at all.
Source: viewtopic.php?t=118748
Optimist: Glass is half full
Pessimist: Glass is half empty

Engineer: The glass is twice the size it needs to be!

PC Specs (upgraded at last!): Acer Orion 3000; i5-8400, 8Gb Ram, GTX 1050ti, Intel Optane 16gb
W1der

Post by W1der »

shredhed79 wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 6:59 pm I want the farmer to be more important, it's kind of hard to feel immersed in game play when I can't even get into my house and have to stand outside while I fast forward time. Have farmer needs, at the very least feed him and let him sleep. Horses are great but if it still rains in barns what's the point? How can you have a farming sim and not have seasons in the base game? In a simulator little things can be huge!
Or you can play "sims" ... *thumbsup*
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

I get why some people would want to actually take care of they own farmer in the sense of feeding him and things like that but I think giants has it right in trying to remain focused on farming and not surviving in a sense just my view though
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

It is after all Farming Simulator, and besides we dont have the option to go into 3rd person mode, i think thats right, but the main goal is to take care of your animals, buy the best Equipment and Vehicles, and make money.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Even if we have a 3rd person option on FS19 I wouldn't use it for anything other than collecting gold nuggests (considering they will still be in the game).
PS5 / FS22
ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

Would be happy to see first persons hands doing something like steering....
Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One X, Xbox One
FS17 Platinum > FS19 Premium > FS15 Complete > FS22
Samsung UE65MU8009TX 4KUHDHDR
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

ltl.vamp wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:41 am Would be happy to see first persons hands doing something like steering....
Oh no, it always looks tacky and would be a nightmare for modders.
ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

Would like to jump to my fields, like i could jump to the fields, i don't own.
Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One X, Xbox One
FS17 Platinum > FS19 Premium > FS15 Complete > FS22
Samsung UE65MU8009TX 4KUHDHDR
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

I know a lot of people wouldn't like that but sometimes I just want to jump to any point on the map. And not just myself. Also any vehicles or implements.
PS5 / FS22
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

RODHA wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:39 am Even if we have a 3rd person option on FS19 I wouldn't use it for anything other than collecting gold nuggests (considering they will still be in the game).
Exactly right.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

RODHA wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:54 am I know a lot of people wouldn't like that but sometimes I just want to jump to any point on the map. And not just myself. Also any vehicles or implements.
I don't know if it's possible on consoles, but you can jump to most places (fields, sell points, silos etc.) on PC through the menu (escape on PC). I guess it would be fairly cumbersome and slow to do on console without a mouse, so perhaps isn't enabled?

All of the little icons on the map here can be clicked on and you can jump straight there by clicking 'visit':

You can also click through the places by clicking on the icon to the left or right of the highlighted one on the right-side of the screen, and I guess there's no reason why that should be possible on consoles?
markare

Post by markare »

You can do that on xbox one aswell
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

this_is_gav wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:52 am I don't know if it's possible on consoles, but you can jump to most places (fields, sell points, silos etc.) on PC through the menu (escape on PC). I guess it would be fairly cumbersome and slow to do on console without a mouse, so perhaps isn't enabled?
All that works the same as they do on PC. Just the control method is different. I meant to a specific location of my choosing and the jump also includes vehicles and implements.
PS5 / FS22