FDR Logging - Jade Mountain Map

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
mcatalyst

Re: FDR Logging - Jade Mountain Map

Post by mcatalyst »

McClung wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:06 pm Thanks, will it be logging only or will you add in the sell point like you did on sm,ev and pi? Doesn't matter to me really I only log but was wondering if those buildings would be around. I really like the new saw mill. Would it be possible to get the mill as a placeable?
Logging only on this one. The terrain doesn't work for farming stuff.

Currently I'm going to try and get the new mill as part of the map. Not sure if a placeable will happen because it's someone else's model. Kinda depends on the rules there. No idea who originally made it though.
Myrithis - Catalyzer Industries
BobcatLogger

Post by BobcatLogger »

good deal, seeing the farming stuff around the yard would take away from the feel to me. Might I suggest smoothing the road alittle when you head to the first two cut blocks when leaving the mill? The lowboy likes to get snagged there lol
mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst »

New mill layout.

Road is a little smoother. I'll make sure the default blue lowboy can handle it.
mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst »

McClung wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:37 am good deal, seeing the farming stuff around the yard would take away from the feel to me. Might I suggest smoothing the road alittle when you head to the first two cut blocks when leaving the mill? The lowboy likes to get snagged there lol
Roads are fixed, i was able to lowbed the scorpion to all the landings without getting hungup.
BobcatLogger

Post by BobcatLogger »

Good deal, thanks. I was wondering, would it be possible to have a sell point on a map that is just a stack of logs at a mill?
mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst »

McClung wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:23 pm Good deal, thanks. I was wondering, would it be possible to have a sell point on a map that is just a stack of logs at a mill?
Its possible but neither of us like how the logs just disappear right in front of you. I setup the new mill so you can't see that anymore.
Frozen Catalyst

Post by Frozen Catalyst »

Looks really nice! It will be good to have a 'seasons ready' forestry map. Bust out the Northern Sweden geo :-)
Xbox One |FS22| Holmåkra
BobcatLogger

Post by BobcatLogger »

Mcatalyst can you tell us what the status is of Jade? Also was wondering it there is something up with the cut nods for the trees. When I use the wolverine when bunching trees most go flying. I've notice when I go in with the buncher head the head seems to stop moving forward so a second and then the tree cuts and flys from the head. I'm pretty sure it's something to do with the trees. I haven't had this problem on other maps.
mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst »

McClung wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:54 pm Mcatalyst can you tell us what the status is of Jade? Also was wondering it there is something up with the cut nods for the trees. When I use the wolverine when bunching trees most go flying. I've notice when I go in with the buncher head the head seems to stop moving forward so a second and then the tree cuts and flys from the head. I'm pretty sure it's something to do with the trees. I haven't had this problem on other maps.
Make sure your using the v12_2 wolverine. There are a few floating trees around the mill that may cause that issue. The floating trees are already fixed in 12.2.0.0/console version of the map.

First submission for console was just uploaded a few minutes ago.
Now to see what will happen from Giants testing. I'm expecting it to come back since first submissions always do from some little nit picky thing the consoles don't like.
BobcatLogger

Post by BobcatLogger »

Alright thanks, I was using the v3 and also had it happen on the v2 as well. Didn't notice them being floating trees. Glade to head they are fixed and that it's been submitted for testing. Thanks for the updates.
Kruelkamo

Post by Kruelkamo »

Hey @mcatalyst! I hope everything is going well for you man. I did read that you submitted it for testing a few days ago. I'm very excited for the release of Jade Mountain. Just a quick question on the sell points. I do see there is a crane to sell logs via the water and I also see there is a sell point out front of the mill as well. My question is: Are these the only two sell points for logs or are there multiple sell points? I can't remember seeing multiple when I watched FDR run through it but I just wanted to see. Once again @mcatalyst, thank you for everything you do man and please tell FDR that we really appreciate his creativeness on his maps and us console guys REALLY appreciate the effort you yourself have gone through to get these maps over to console! Great job and I look forward to what you guys continue to bring to us in FS17 as well as FS19.
Legion Hills Logging on PC
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

mcatalyst wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:57 pm
McClung wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:23 pm Good deal, thanks. I was wondering, would it be possible to have a sell point on a map that is just a stack of logs at a mill?
Its possible but neither of us like how the logs just disappear right in front of you. I setup the new mill so you can't see that anymore.
Pacific Inlet needs a taco stand.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst »

Kruelkamo wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:30 am Hey @mcatalyst! I hope everything is going well for you man. I did read that you submitted it for testing a few days ago. I'm very excited for the release of Jade Mountain. Just a quick question on the sell points. I do see there is a crane to sell logs via the water and I also see there is a sell point out front of the mill as well. My question is: Are these the only two sell points for logs or are there multiple sell points? I can't remember seeing multiple when I watched FDR run through it but I just wanted to see. Once again @mcatalyst, thank you for everything you do man and please tell FDR that we really appreciate his creativeness on his maps and us console guys REALLY appreciate the effort you yourself have gone through to get these maps over to console! Great job and I look forward to what you guys continue to bring to us in FS17 as well as FS19.
Yes, those are the only two places for logs. Next to the front sell point there is a chip sell point that is different as well. Also I made the water drop area close enough to the wall that you can take a wheel loader and dump them over the side or place a ramp at the wall but the front sell point on the mill should work for auto unloaders.

Still working out the kinks. Should have the second submission done tonight.
Kruelkamo

Post by Kruelkamo »

Sounds good man. So @mcatalyst, did they actually deny it or are you just preparing for it to be denied with your second submission? Just curious
Legion Hills Logging on PC
mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst »

Kruelkamo wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:05 am Sounds good man. So @mcatalyst, did they actually deny it or are you just preparing for it to be denied with your second submission? Just curious
First round was denied from Texture issues. I got those fixed and submitted a second time and it passed. Now they are testing it for console.