FDR Logging - Jade Mountain Map

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
BobcatLogger

Re: FDR Logging - Jade Mountain Map

Post by BobcatLogger »

Hope it makes it through the console part of testing. Excited to play Jade on console, would be great if it posted today but I'm not getting my hopes up lol
mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst »

McClung wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:38 am Hope it makes it through the console part of testing. Excited to play Jade on console, would be great if it posted today but I'm not getting my hopes up lol
Came back on additional texture issues. bah.
Myrithis - Catalyzer Industries
mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst »

Made it through all the PC issues. Now it is listed as console testing finally.
BobcatLogger

Post by BobcatLogger »

Good deal, hopefully all is good and it will pass.
BobcatLogger

Post by BobcatLogger »

Did Jade fail? Noticed it's not in testing now
mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst »

McClung wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:46 pm Did Jade fail? Noticed it's not in testing now
yeah, I found a falling through ice / swimming underwater issue and they found 4 texture issues. Re-submitted with the fixes this morning. This next round seems like it is really close. Its either going to pass or very minor issues that can be fixed within an hour of getting it back. Definitely end stages of verification.
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

mcatalyst wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:14 am
McClung wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:46 pm Did Jade fail? Noticed it's not in testing now
yeah, I found a falling through ice / swimming underwater issue and they found 4 texture issues. Re-submitted with the fixes this morning. This next round seems like it is really close. Its either going to pass or very minor issues that can be fixed within an hour of getting it back. Definitely end stages of verification.
Forgive me for asking,Im sure you said it somewhere,how many maps you going to convert before you go back to PI?
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
BobcatLogger

Post by BobcatLogger »

From my understanding he is going to work on pi while a map is in testing but the big priority is bringing the new maps to console before the remasters happen on the first 3 maps.
mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst »

Here are the map lists in the order of release...

New map queue: Jade Mountain, Kodiak River, Frostline Ridge, Timber Trail Canyon, Larken Springs (Remaster from PC), Sitka Passage (Remaster from PC).

Remaster queue: Pacific Inlet, Smokey Mountain, Emerald Valley, Artic Circle

As mentioned, while new maps are being tested I'm working on the remaster list. You can use a base assumption of inserting one of the remaster lists between each of the new maps. In this case Jade Mountain, Kodiak River, Pacific Inlet, Frostline Ridge, Smokey Mountain, etc. I would put Pacific Inlet after Jade Mountain but I need some of the buildings to pass in Jade Mountain so I can export them into Pacific Inlet which in turn means the new map is complete and I need to move to Kodiak River.

I had to scrap the previously mentioned Pacific Inlet update. We decided to not put road textures in after all. It takes way too long to place them. On top of that the textures required a different path for the roads so all the trees around the roads would need adjusted. Just not enough time available for that imo. At the same time it will make the PI update easier/faster to complete. Can't really give a time frame on that yet because I need to have Jade Mountain's building textures pass so I can export out of that map and not have to deal with texture issues in other the new updates.
mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst »

Jade Mountain is in day 3 of active console testing. That is usually a positive sign when it doesn't get kicked back fast. :)
BobcatLogger

Post by BobcatLogger »

Would it be possible to just use the concrete texture that's in the base game textures for the roads? Hope Jade comes out on Monday.
mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst »

McClung wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:20 am Would it be possible to just use the concrete texture that's in the base game textures for the roads? Hope Jade comes out on Monday.
closest thing would be painted gravel but then there is a limit of 3 textures per painted area and grass/mountain/dirt are already in most of the areas.
BobcatLogger

Post by BobcatLogger »

Ahh, alright. I thought I had read somewhere about only being able to use three textures.
mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst »

Longest active testing I've ever had but that seems like a good thing in the end.
BobcatLogger

Post by BobcatLogger »

When Jade is passed we will not only get the map we will also get a eta on cutting all the timber on the map lol