rattlesnake valley

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
StoneC0ld

Re: rattlesnake valley

Post by StoneC0ld »

MartinLaid wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:35 pm No issue with FabrikScript actually, it's about heaptypes, because there are additional fruits on RSV and Straw Harvest Add-on adds even more, game will not be able to cope with it ( viewtopic.php?f=936&t=119195 ).
Ah, thanks for the response. My presumption was FabrikScript because that was the last message in the log...
wiseguy49 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:47 pm Find the modDesc.xml file. Open it up and find the line(s) that add additional fruit types. You should see one fruit type per line. Then on those lines, you'll see a useHeap="true" . Change that true to false and you have gotten rid of the heaps.
Does that remove the fill type from the game, or just something you can normally do with it? Might affect which type(s) I choose to disable, depending on what exactly that does within the game...
StoneC0ld

Post by StoneC0ld »

Update to the above....

I don't know what exactly it might have done and what on the map may be no longer properly functional, but I set the "useHeap" to false on both the sand and lime, works fine now with Straw Harvest, Seasons and all my other mods. :)
Thanks! :)
wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

My apologizes, I thought I was clear and when I read my own post back I wasn't.

heaps are the tip on ground feature. So when you set useheap to false, you cannot tip that particular fruit type on the ground. Giants only allows so many fruit types and filltypes. When you add say oat, rye, spelt, etc. it adds those three as a fruit type. If you also have the tip to ground (or heap) function enabled, it doubles that. So then the three fruits I just added became 6. Why this works this way I have no idea.

The straw addon adds another 'fruit type.' It may add more than one, I'm not sure as I don't have it myself. So by disabling the tip on ground feature, you opened up a slot for the straw addon to add its type.

Same thing with the seasons mod. It adds snow as a fruit type.

Hope that make sense.
PellaR

Post by PellaR »

Hi. It’s been a while sins i played on Rattlesnake Valley, and i cant find the seed and fertilizer production. Is the function removed from the map or are they moved? Thanks for any help:)
ThaFarmer

Post by ThaFarmer »

PellaR wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:23 pm Hi. It’s been a while sins i played on Rattlesnake Valley, and i cant find the seed and fertilizer production. Is the function removed from the map or are they moved? Thanks for any help:)
SeedMaster has been removed.

To make fertilizer it's now done in a new building: Pronature AG Klaerwork, from liquid manure. It makes liquid&solid fertilizer and in bonus Compost.
It's at the crossing of a road northeast from the pigs, where there's also a liquid manure sellpoint.
PellaR

Post by PellaR »

Thanx:)
Juiced2010

Post by Juiced2010 »

Question for Somethinginmyshoe. I just redownloaded the map from the modhub in game and ran into problems. Some (I should say quite a few) trees are buried under ground. I believe it is the birch trees species. Ran the game cleanly without mods and with mods and the same thing happens on new games. And is there any chance that more fences can be readded to the game like the V2 version? I miss them already after cussing them out for so long. BTW... Its still a beautiful map and V3 looks better now that the home farm looks like a actual farm lot instead of an industrial park.
ThaFarmer

Post by ThaFarmer »

Juiced2010 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:06 pm Question for Somethinginmyshoe. I just redownloaded the map from the modhub in game and ran into problems. Some (I should say quite a few) trees are buried under ground. I believe it is the birch trees species. Ran the game cleanly without mods and with mods and the same thing happens on new games. And is there any chance that more fences can be readded to the game like the V2 version? I miss them already after cussing them out for so long. BTW... Its still a beautiful map and V3 looks better now that the home farm looks like a actual farm lot instead of an industrial park.
SomethingOnMyShoe2 seems to be gone off-grid since last Xmas... I hope nothing happened to him...

Sadly, as he's the only Author of RSV, I wonder what will happen with his maps if he doesn't or can't(the worst can happen at anytime) come back... :sadnew:
Rico4v4

Post by Rico4v4 »

I believe i'm playing RSV v-3, i downloaded just a few weeks ago. I'm having a difficult time finding the mixing stations. I believe i read that the seed station is not on the map anymore. Is that correct? Also, i can't find the fertilizer station either.

ThaFarmer, i'm having a problem locating the fertilizer station you described...

"To make fertilizer it's now done in a new building: Pronature AG Klaerwork, from liquid manure. It makes liquid&solid fertilizer and in bonus Compost.
It's at the crossing of a road northeast from the pigs, where there's also a liquid manure sellpoint."

I love this map, and want to make the most of it. I originally had issues on v-1, you can read about them way back near the starting of this topic. Those issues are all gone now, and I'm totally thrilled to be playing this map again!!
ThaFarmer

Post by ThaFarmer »

Rico4v4 wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:26 pm I believe i'm playing RSV v-3, i downloaded just a few weeks ago. I'm having a difficult time finding the mixing stations. I believe i read that the seed station is not on the map anymore. Is that correct? Also, i can't find the fertilizer station either.

ThaFarmer, i'm having a problem locating the fertilizer station you described...

"To make fertilizer it's now done in a new building: Pronature AG Klaerwork, from liquid manure. It makes liquid&solid fertilizer and in bonus Compost.
It's at the crossing of a road northeast from the pigs, where there's also a liquid manure sellpoint."

I love this map, and want to make the most of it. I originally had issues on v-1, you can read about them way back near the starting of this topic. Those issues are all gone now, and I'm totally thrilled to be playing this map again!!
Yeah there's no more mixing stations on the map.
Tho there's now the GreenHouse 2000 from which we make seeds from Wheat.

For the ProNatur AG Klearwork it's right up to the CliffHill farm slurry sell point, at the corner of the roads:

I'm srry I misswrote the reference to the pigs farm, it's in fact northwest :hmm: ...

If you want to enjoy this map, I suggest you to scavenge money from your other games(if possible) transfer it with the mod "External Account", and buy large machinery/equipment...

Field 15 is massive(20Ha) to harvest:
It's nice, but it produce SO MUCH grain&straw!!! If I'm right, I harvested somewhere around 300k liters of grain, and baled something like 300-350 bales of straw... I almost got sick transporting and baling all that...

But, I've planned it well, I used this setup:
- 2x NH CR10.90 with 45' draper running by CoursePlay
- 1x Fendt 1050 with the Brent Avalance(BigBud DLC) 53k liters auger Which I drove to empty the combines(it's been a damn boring job...)
- 1x 200T Coolamon MotherBin
Then:
the BSM Legend truck with 2x 70k tipper(which had to be filled during harvest as the 200T lacked of capacity)

After Harvest:
Fendt 1050 with the 16 bales stacker

Finally:
BSM Legend with Bi-train of UAL flatbeds to store it in the cow shed(which has been a pain to stack well)...

If you play it correctly and you're ready to spend lots of hours on it, this map brings massive profits, even on hard mode...
To bring up the challenge, use Seasons mod with this GEO mod that's only on their Github(if you need instructions to get it, pm me):
Github.com RealismusModding/FS17_RM_GEO/FS17_RM_GEO_CanadianEast

Cheers
ThaFarmer

Post by ThaFarmer »

To avoid overpaying wages and screwing up the growth pattern: PLAY REALTIME!!!! those fields are quite long to work!!!

There's one annoying bug on this map(and I think it's common with 4x maps), the Grimme S-710 picker-uper doesn't pick material from ground... not sure it works in the animals manure pits, and can't remember if I ever tried as It's been present from the beginning...

To put put straw/grass/hay at cows: enter their barn and go along them and you'll have the trigger to unload, or there a feeder, with a water through on the right side of their pasture(on the side of the TMR mixer).

About the equipment suggestion I made:
transfer money to buy 1 set of equipements. If you have a good timing, you'll get plenty of money to buy more very soon.

If you have the BigBud DLC and/or Kuhn DLC, It's the best equipments for this map!
The Horsh DLC(the free one, I hope you got it!) Agrovation vehicules&equipments are a good addition too.

1 warning about seasons, if you use the GEO I suggested, it begins in early spring, with snow and frozen grass... so if you buy and setup animals before activating it, make sure you have enough straw(Cows), Grass, hay(cows/sheeps) and grains/root_Fruits(Pigs) to handle the spring, mid and late summer, because with seasons there's only 1 harvest per year!

About the average profits, with starter fields: I couldn't find any precise stats, as I am using Seasons since its release...
Normal mode: 1 M $+ with good(no high needs) prices
Hard mode: 500k+ with average prices

If you need any help, tricks or hints on this map PM me, I'll be happy to provide.
I played since V1(which was kinda annoying to play with lots of fences and quite a few bugs), and I must have played pretty much over 200hrs if haven't passed the 300s on this map. :mrgreen:
Rico4v4

Post by Rico4v4 »

Wow, great info ThaFarmer! thanks!! I'm well into this map already. I've got:

1 NH Cr10.90 with 1 45' header
1 challenger MT700 E
1 challenger MT900 E

etc....

I do have the big bud dlc, and the Horsch Mods, but i don't have the Kuhn dlc. I want the square bale wrapper, but not much else there, so i don't think i will purchase. I've been wrapping round bales, and selling for a large profit. (Much like Frithgar in his timelapse, thanks Frithgar!!)

I don't have seasons mod, it sounds too complicated to me, but maybe i will try it in the future. I haven't purchased any extra fields yet, but i want to soon. I've used the 1m$ from finding the gold nuggets, no money mods... It will take time, but that's ok, i am enjoying it! I will look into the greenhouse 2000, i am spending too much money on fertilizer and seeds, so anything helps there.

I've also never used manure other than for greenhouses, so i'll see what i can do there as well.

Thanks for the tips, i will reference the info you posted often. I'll also pm you if i have other questions!

-Rico
ThaFarmer

Post by ThaFarmer »

Transferring money from a "no more played" game to a new one isn't cheating the way I see things... It's simply a money recovery, avoiding waste(and the need to use the real Money cheat mod)...

Here's a few crops that brough huge money due to their good prices and yield/Ha:
Soybeans or Sunflowers on largest fields(as 15) Beware tho: it has decent yield/Ha, so better have a MotherBin or large tippers to empty the AugerWagon!
Canola on medium, good yield and price for field 12
Corn on smaller
Wheat/Barley on smallest(due to the decent/high yield and the hassle of baling all the straw)
Potatoes/Sugar Beans on Smallest(Very high yield)

On the V3 version there's also the additionnal crops, which, if I'm right, have same yield as Barley and a very decent price/liter.
Rico4v4

Post by Rico4v4 »

I didn’t intend to imply money transfer is ‘cheating’, my apologies.

I just finished planting soybeans on 15, barley is growing in 12, and i plan to plant wheat on 12 next, unless i purchase another field first. I have 25 sheep, and want to get started on cows soon, so the straw is needed soon’ish.

There are silos here and there labeled “techfarm”, do you know what those are? Do they work?
ThaFarmer

Post by ThaFarmer »

That's ok on the money source matter :smileynew:

I guess you're talking about the one that's behind a farm north of field 12, and the other at the sheeps?

It's the silos that are named FarmSilo System, which works with a script... As far as I've experienced, we can drop grains in them but loading from them is quite a pain to do...
They accept only a few crops too...

I suggest you to grab the Multi-Storage mod, which contains 2 types of Silos, the grain silo works very well... But they require a very large free space...( I placed them in the yard behind the Cow pasture)... Or, if you prefer smaller sizes. you should use any other Storage silo mod, there's many sizes and styles on the ModHub...

For straw, you should buy the fields 6 or 8, which have a fairly decent size and is closer to the Cows...
Avoid purchasing field #5, it's tightly enclosed in fences, and there's not much space for manoeuvering...

I'm beginning to consinder re-starting a new game :frown: from scratch(but use my surplus of money to buy some equipments), I've done a few bad moves :confusednew: recently and I'm kinda annoyed at this moment...

I've got now 276 pigs, 203 sheeps, 147 cows...
I Own: fields 6->8, 11-12-13. 15 and 19-20.

A large forestry and industrial processing complex(found an amazing pack for multi-staged reprocessing of the planks made at the sawmill)

A very long list of machinery and equipments...

That's bugging me quite hard to re-start from scratch, but the bad moves I made are making this game/carreer annoying to handle and keep running...

I whish you best of luck