a note from somethingonmyshoe2

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
lefe1

Re: a note from somethingonmyshoe2

Post by lefe1 »

Hello somethingonmyshoe2. I really really hope you do not leave. I love playing your maps and I also hope you continue to make maps that we can all have fun on in fs17 and the new fs19. Thank you very much somethingonmyshoe2 for all your hard work. and have yourself a Wonderful day.
Maze313

Post by Maze313 »

Shoe you pull out this game will lose one of if not the hardest map makers there is it will be a real shame very disappointing if you do I only use your maps
Currently and patiently waiting for American outback special edition
Last edited by Maze313 on Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Playing on PS5 and PC
Peter Griffin

Post by Peter Griffin »

It was said that they are up to their neck in other work that is more important but have not stop releasing mods and to be patient. It was in the mods currently in testing thread
XBOX/ FS22
Zx6ram

Post by Zx6ram »

somethingonmyshoe2 wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:01 pm hi there all
at this moment in time im thinking of pulling out of making maps for modhud (fs17,fs19 when out) . i have American Outback Special Edition sitting on modhud thats passed the testing buts not Released.

i can not see the point in putting long hrs in to making maps just to see it not uploaded. so you and i can play.

im going to see if its uploaded today or tomorrow and if not im pulling out
Plz dnt leave nodding I love your maps currently got over 400hrs on current Amercan outback map and 300 hrs on who dat ranch so let them get caught up with their work
ThaFarmer

Post by ThaFarmer »

Peter Griffin wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:20 pm It was said that they are up to their neck in other work that is more important but have not stop releasing mods and to be patient. It was in the mods currently in testing thread
is it me or their mod update topic are gone off the grid? I can't find those anymore...

Cheers
Maze313

Post by Maze313 »

It’s at the top of general discussion
Playing on PS5 and PC
Peter Griffin

Post by Peter Griffin »

ThaFarmer wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:58 pm
Peter Griffin wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:20 pm It was said that they are up to their neck in other work that is more important but have not stop releasing mods and to be patient. It was in the mods currently in testing thread
is it me or their mod update topic are gone off the grid? I can't find those anymore...

Cheers

It's you. The mod update is at the top of topics under General discussion and 6 below it or so is console mods currently in testing
XBOX/ FS22
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Alagos wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:10 pm At the giants forums and discord we have mentioned, many times, that they aren't uploading everything that's passed testing right away. This has nothing to do with you, other modders are probably waiting for an upload of their mods too.
Besides, it's only been 4 days since you mentioned it was pending release. Because of FS19 giants is only uploading mods once a week, as mentioned before too.
Not to insult you or anything, but have a little bit of patience.
None of the giants supporters want to understand a very simple fact. A solution for those kinds of issues can be find and giants have enough resources to do that. They just choose not to.

Because in business, the best way to go is the most possible economical way. Which is not wrong at all but reactions against that kind of choice are also not wrong at all. You can't just keep judging people who don't like that choice. It is simple.

But somehow you and people who think like you manage to take all the criticisms againts giants personal. Thats where the conversations take a sharp turn to a dead end and arguments start. Thats why I didn't keep going at discord.

I always support giants on countless occasions. But when what they do doesn't seem right, I also speak out my mind. Reacting to that like it is an insult just doesn't work.
PS5 / FS22
wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

I've always looked at it this way. There is a fantastic site called American Eagles Modding. I believe it goes live within 24 hours of uploading. To hell w/ the modhud. Put your work where your true fans can get it quickly and easily.
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

wiseguy49 wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:57 am I've always looked at it this way. There is a fantastic site called American Eagles Modding. I believe it goes live within 24 hours of uploading. To hell w/ the modhud. Put your work where your true fans can get it quickly and easily.
so noone on console is a true fan?
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
Maze313

Post by Maze313 »

Right was going to say I play everyday how am I not a true fan
Playing on PS5 and PC
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Wow so rude
JamP

Post by JamP »

RODHA wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:25 pm None of the giants supporters want to understand a very simple fact. A solution for those kinds of issues can be find and giants have enough resources to do that. They just choose not to.

Because in business, the best way to go is the most possible economical way. Which is not wrong at all but reactions against that kind of choice are also not wrong at all. You can't just keep judging people who don't like that choice. It is simple.

But somehow you and people who think like you manage to take all the criticisms againts giants personal. Thats where the conversations take a sharp turn to a dead end and arguments start. Thats why I didn't keep going at discord.

I always support giants on countless occasions. But when what they do doesn't seem right, I also speak out my mind. Reacting to that like it is an insult just doesn't work.
+1
Playing on Xbox
Stream on Twitch

From no man's land... Oh, Brazil!

Giants Image Server
ThaFarmer

Post by ThaFarmer »

SOMS2, don't give up on modding... you're doing your best, you do very good stuff...
It's giants that are going lame on releasing mods... just check modhub mods, there's almost nothing coming out...

Giants are doing LOTS of things wrong...
1. MOST of their DLCs have annoying bugs( afaik, Horsh, BigBud & Kunh are those I own)
2. They don't patch their DLC bugs... They didn't listen to us when we asked for fixes(Horsh & BB bugs are still not fixed afaik)...
3. They are understaff, but still work on throwing out new stuff instead of fixing their stuff first...
4. They released a poor quality expansion(I'm VERY disapointed of Platinum)...

For these reasons, I'd be disapointed if every FS17 players will buy FS19...

I'll speak for my self:
I'm not interested to buy a game from a developper who have such little consdideration for their players...

I'm a business owner myself, and I don't get how they do...

Cheers...
eric21

Post by eric21 »

They are working on fs19