Needing Guidance

Montoya

Needing Guidance

Post by Montoya »

HI
I have recently investigated the Multiplayer game but what stops everyone from stealing your hard work? I could put all my crops into a silo and turn my back and it could all be gone!
How does this side of the game actually work?
Thanks
W1der

Re: Needing Guidance

Post by W1der »

The MP feature of the game is quite fun but can also be a bit frustrating, especially if you are playing with "strangers".

Are you the host/admin of the game or are you joining a game that is owned by someone else?
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Montoya

Post by Montoya »

Hi W1der

I did try to join a game but found had no money and didn't know if I could just steal someone's equipment so thought would start my own game. Having had some idiots who seemed to just like to drive in front and block, drive like Sterling Moss around my fields, it dawned on me that players could literally steal your crops and make their own money at my expense. So how exactly does this Multiplayer work? I originally thought it would be to compete with who is tops with cash?
Didn't seem to hard lol...maybe I was soooooo wrong!
W1der

Post by W1der »

Yes, I am afraid you got it all wrong ... :mrgreen:

There is no "arcade" mode in MP at all.
It´s more like an "open sandbox" thing where the "owner/admin" of the game can manage if all the money goes in his pocket or if it is shared through the online players.

If all the money goes in to the owners pocket you are more or less there for the fun of farming together with others.
Sometimes there are "trolls" that join MP games just to make a mess (as you already discovered).

If the money is shared all income are shared among the online players.
So no one can really "steal" anything from you ...

As a "visitor" you can not own any equipment (everything belongs to the admin).
Some admins do however grant visitors to sell and buy equipment of their own (this is managed in the settings of the MP game).

To understand this better you should create a game of your own and take a look at the "admin settings" for MP that is added in the main menu when running a MP game.

Sharing money in a MP game is a big risk ... as the Trolls can do real harm if they get their hands on cash.
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
markare

Post by markare »

If it's your game all money made from selling crops goes into your account. If it is someone else game they get the money. Multiplayer is basically a normal single player game but with the ability of others working your fields with you. There aee settings to turn off seperately accounts, allow people to buy and sell equipment, allow others to reset equipment.

Golden rule of multiplayer. Don't allow anyone into your game that you don't know or trust. If you load a multiplayer game on your own save file you can also allow or deny people entry to your game. Once in you also have the ability to kick them from your game.

Edit : w1der gave a more extensive description than me but both are similar with what was discussed
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
Montoya

Post by Montoya »

Hi Peeps

Yes, I have already looked at the settings and disallowed anyone selling or messing with any machinery also booted one player. I did read that if a player leaves, automatically their money earned goes to myself as being admin. Whether that is correct or not, remains to be seen as only read it via Google.

But, why can Trolls do damage if have the cash, and would anyone actually want to join if they can't have cash? And why only have people you trust? And what does the term 'separate' accounts mean?

Does it actually add more fun to the game?

I have been playing for some time, so do know what I am doing, I just don't understand Multiplayer yet, being so new to that side of it.

Thanks, guys for helping me, I would love to understand the ins and outs of this side of the game.
markare

Post by markare »

Montoya wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:23 pm Hi Peeps

Yes, I have already looked at the settings and disallowed anyone selling or messing with any machinery also booted one player. I did read that if a player leaves, automatically their money earned goes to myself as being admin. Whether that is correct or not, remains to be seen as only read it via Google.

Yes this is true
But, why can Trolls do damage if have the cash, and would anyone actually want to join if they can't have cash? And why only have people you trust? And what does the term 'separate' accounts mean?

Seperate accounts mean that money from crops goes to all players split evenly ( don't worry if your admin it all goes to your account t when you save the game), trolls can ruin things in numerous ways, far to many to mention here. As for people joining when they can't actually earn anything is basically for the ability to help others, have a different aspect to the game, different play style etc.
Having only people you trust would stop trolling. No one would buy useless equipment, spend money that's not needed and basically won't ruin the game play for others or deliberately drive equipment into water

I have found multiplayer to be more interesting than single player, especially if you are the host. Myself and a couple of friends take turns in being the game host and work on others farms, and it allows a lot more work to be done than single player does aswell
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
W1der

Post by W1der »

As an admin you can prevent visitors from selling things but as soon as they have money they can buy stuff.

Give a troll a chainsaw ... cut cut cut ... you will have cut down trees all over your map to take care of.
Or if they are really devious they will buy trees and place them all over your fields.
This will be really time consuming for you to take care of!

Trolls also like cultivators ... as they can destroy any planted fields using it.

I host a lot of open MP games ... as long as there is structure in the game and things to do the serious players will enjoy the game even if they do not get payed.
They will also help you to keep the trolls away as they ar keen on report them to the admin to keep them from ruining the game session.

At most I give my visitors the possibility to control helpers, but even this can be risky.

If anyone asks for money (instead of asking for a specific equipment") I give them a 1 way ticket to the "lobby" ...

There is really a limit on how much you can coordinate a MP game ... to many things to do will create a mess (keep it simple or limit the session to only 1-3 visitors at a time).
I have save games that is specifically made for MP ... and I am using the Creator Tools mod to manage the fields.
(Ones the game is open for "the public" I remove this mod from the game session.)

Silage is popular for open MP games as most people know what to do without being given any instructions.

If you want to run a more complex game, my best tip is to give the visitors a "visual hint" of the jobs you need them to do.
Say you have a field that you want someone to harvest.
YOU place the harvester in that field ... start it up and drive a few feet in to the field.
If a visitor finds this Harvester he will know what you want him/her to do even without having to ask you ... *thumbsup*
While you human helpers are busy working ... you keep setting new tasks up in the same way ... so that when they are finished (or bored) and start tabbing around they will "stumble" on a new job to do for you ... :mrgreen:

After a while you will become the "puppet master" of Farming Simulator ... :ubergeek:

GIANTS really needs to take a look at the MP feature of the game and give the Admin more tools to be able to create game sessions that can be enjoyable for everyone ... :this:
Montoya

Post by Montoya »

Have already thought about someone digging up my fields, it is a chancy game to play, but guess once bitten twice shy and deny forever after.

I do get asked for bigger machinery but with only a small amount in the kitty, it isn't easy to cater for such requests, and I have voiced that with only a few fields as literally a brand new game, I just don't have the cash and I don't want to get into debt when patience is a virtue and needless really to go into debt. Obviously for seeds no choice, can't make money without a growing crop!
I don't think they have sound because someone else could hear me. And I have no idea how text appears on my tv! Searched for that and can't find any way to do text, they must be using a gadget of some sort.

I also thought that ploughing is necessary after every 3 crops regardless of the type of crop grown, but another says it is not necessary at all if you cultivate and another says only if you change the crop type.

In this Multiplayer on the map it says ALL fields need ploughing.

Which?

You both are being a world of help, thank you!
W1der

Post by W1der »

What platform are you on?

Plowing every third harvest is a setting ... and is on or off ... nothing else!
If on ... you loose 10% of the yield if you do not do it accordingly.
If off ... no need to worry about plowing.
Montoya

Post by Montoya »

PS4

Thank you guys
Montoya

Post by Montoya »

Hi
Someone has sent me an invitation Platinum . Ummm, I can't find anything to accept it. It is PS4. Is Platinum a different/better version?
He was on my farm a few days ago, I dont see any way I can accept an invitation, what do I do?

Thanks
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

I don’t tbjnk you can join if they have platinum and you don’t especially if they’re playing on the platinum map if you’re in ps4 thought I’d be glad to join a game with someone looking to try legit farming and acting like an adult I do have a question though about seasons I’ve heard seasons doesn’t work well on console in multiplayer I’ve never used it in the very limited time I’ve played multiplayer so I’m not sure can anyone shed some light on that topic
Maze313

Post by Maze313 »

Same here I’d join ya I have all dlc ps name is in signature send friend request

|
V
Last edited by Maze313 on Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Playing on PS5 and PC
Maze313

Post by Maze313 »

And seasons on console is easy to figure out who ever host go by there seasons grow stages me and a friend figured it out
Playing on PS5 and PC