Favourite jobs/hated jobs

hoop17

Re: Favourite jobs/hated jobs

Post by hoop17 »

Oddly, my favorite jobs are getting everything ready to spread manure or slurry on a large field. Transporting and filling field tankers for slurry, or manually loading tippers full of manure and dumping them near the field to load the spreaders. Very specific jobs but I love doing them.

Least favorite? Harvesting potatoes, wish there was more variety
W1der

Post by W1der »

Just realized that one could use this topic to create the optimal farming crew ... *thumbsup* :mrgreen:
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

W1der wrote: So this was actually a feature back then ...
I'm not sure I'd call it a "feature". If you dropped your plow, it would create a field... Anywhere! And there was no way to go back. If you unhooked your plow in the farm yard, the outline would be there for the rest of your game.

I play as realistic as possible, but I do like the "kid-friendly" plows now. :lol:
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Favourite: moving wood chips and manure with my bobcat
Least: I love and hate hay making, hate that it’s right before harvest, love the end result
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

The most boring for me is harvest, because all it's about is waiting 'till one of the two deployed helpers shouts he's 80 % full. And the rest is only driving. Totaly boring. And I can't do anything else in the meantime.

I do like grass & hay works, feeding cows with TMR, all field works with inteligent helpers who don't get stuck all the time and then finishing the job. Also extending fields with my plow is kinda fun as well as destroying trees to make space for windmills from time to time. Silage is also kinda fun as I don't do it that often even with 4500+ cows.

And last but not least - jobs that are absolutely idiotic, retarded, only make me angry, therefore I don't do them at all:
Moving wool palettes, that constantly get stuck to my fork in a way I have to restart the game to make them un-stuck. I rather sold all my sheep.
Handling logs, that behave absolutely in an absolutely crazy and non-realistic way. I do woodchipping instead, that also got many flaws, but it's the only way to get rid of trees.
Bales. I totally ignore handling bales. Too much work, then getting angry with transporting. Plus for my amounts of animals bales are too small...
FS22 @ Xbox Series X | waiting for a cool mod map :biggrin2:
Leicesterlichtie

Post by Leicesterlichtie »

Favourite: I pretty much enjoy all aspects of the game but if I had choose one, then it would probably be sowing fields
Hated: Although I like to harvesting crops, I don't particularly enjoy doing potato or beet. Tend to use my smallest fields for them.

Fs15 on Ps3
Fs17 on Ps4
Fs19 on Ps4
Fs22 on Ps4
Enjoys growing sunflowers
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

Leicesterlichtie wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:55 am Favourite: I pretty much enjoy all aspects of the game but if I had choose one, then it would probably be sowing fields
Hated: Although I like to harvesting crops, I don't particularly enjoy doing potato or beet. Tend to use my smallest fields for them.
I would love doing beets, if I had use for them, which I pretty much don't even with 22 000+ pigs. :-(
FS22 @ Xbox Series X | waiting for a cool mod map :biggrin2:
Irish farmer 91

Post by Irish farmer 91 »

Earnest Pea wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:44 am
Irish farmer 91 wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:35 pm Really dislike ploughing, long drawn out and kinda boring.
Love doing the silage , mowing raking and lifting. Don't mind levelling the pit , but rolling in in and compacting can be real slow
Give the Holaras Stego 500 a shot: https://farming-simulator.com/mod.php?l ... tle=fs2017. It speeds up silage compaction quite a bit.
Cheers Earnest Pea , always forget about those. I'll havta download them
Playing on Ps4
Earnest Pea

Post by Earnest Pea »

Glad to help.
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1
nasenber

Post by nasenber »

Favorite: harvesting and Driving the Cr 10.90
Hate: everything With Logs, bales Or pallets, also frontloader work
"Kühe sind meine Leidenschaft "
(Charles Dickens)
Derplodactyl

Post by Derplodactyl »

Hate plowing with a traditional plow - especially when it's a fair size field. Ones like the V-Form Jympas or the BSM subsoiler I can deal with. Traditional ones can take far too long with a 2m working with!

Love bale work in any form
- James G | Derplodactyl (The Jaggler)
- Giants Ambassador 🇬🇧
- PC & Xbox One

PC Specs:
-AsRock B550M Extreme4 Steel Legend
-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
-EVGA RTX 3080Ti XC3 Ultra
-Corsair 32GB DDR4 @3600MHz
-1TB Samsung 970 Evo Pro M.2 + 256gb NVMe Storage