Contracts disappearing?

CoreyTr

Re: Contracts disappearing?

Post by CoreyTr »

^^ Good luck getting through to him. ^^
I've lived in a farming community for over 20 years, but he's the one who knows everything.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

blue_painted wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:08 am
Illinois Farmer wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:57 pm That's different. I'm telling you farmers wouldn't sell a field with their crops on it. That's why I agree it is a bad design but it isn't a bug. It is an exploit and let people play however they want. Don't use it if you don't like it.
Farmers will sell a field with a standing crop, or a drilled crop, or a bare field ... but there will be price adjustment!
I have seen 10 to 20 thousands of acres sold and not once was any sold with crop in it. It wouldn't make any sense. I have seen guys such to custom farming for that season but not straight up sold land.
Last edited by Illinois Farmer on Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Illinois Farmer

CoreyTr wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:19 am ^^ Good luck getting through to him. ^^
I've lived in a farming community for over 20 years, but he's the one who knows everything.
Good for you. You still don't understand why of the practices or bought land yourself. Have you even drove a tractor in those 20 years?
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
CoreyTr

Post by CoreyTr »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:47 pm
CoreyTr wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:19 am ^^ Good luck getting through to him. ^^
Good for you. You still don't understand why of the practices or bought land yourself. Have you even drove a tractor in those 20 years?
I don't own a farm, and I'm not a farmer. I do have eyes and ears though.

"Have you even drove a tractor in those 20 years?"
Sounds like a childish attempt to knock me down in some way.
My in-laws own a couple horses. Their land is not clear for hay, so they buy bales from a neighbor. I have driven a tractor while helping collect those bales.
Years before that, I drove a tractor when I was 9 as well. I was with a group of kids earning 10 cents per bale, collecting them for a local farmer. I was too weak to lift many bales, so he let me drive.

It's quite possible that I drove a tractor before you did, and depending on your age, possible before you were even born.
For the record, I was 9 in 1977.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:46 pm
Illinois Farmer wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:57 pm That's different. I'm telling you farmers wouldn't sell a field with their crops on it. That's why I agree it is a bad design but it isn't a bug. It is an exploit and let people play however they want. Don't use it if you don't like it.
Farmers will sell a field with a standing crop, or a drilled crop, or a bare field ... but there will be price adjustment!
I have seen 10 to 20 thousands of acres sold and not once was any sold with crop in it. It wouldn't make any sense. I have seen guys such to custom farming for that season but not straight up sold land.
I think it must be regional/national differences then, because I have, in my past life as an accountant, prepared the financial statements for the sale of land with cultivations and standing crop taken into account.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Illinois Farmer

Yeah that could be.
Illinois Farmer

CoreyTr wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:04 pm

My in-laws own a couple horses. Their land is not clear for hay, so they buy bales from a neighbor. I have driven a tractor while helping collect those bales.
Years before that, I drove a tractor when I was 9 as well. I was with a group of kids earning 10 cents per bale, collecting them for a local farmer. I was too weak to lift many bales, so he let me drive.

It's quite possible that I drove a tractor before you did, and depending on your age, possible before you were even born.
You may have ears and eyes, but still don't understand the basics, like selling crops. Then when someone tells you different you don't believe them because you think you know more. Good for you you drove a tractor because you were too weak to lift a hay bale at age 9 or 10. I'm acutely surprised you were allowed to drive. Also as blue pointed out it may be a regional difference and I believe him because he doesn't troll and make new accounts every month like you. Also I already agreed with you earlier that it was a bad design.
Last edited by Illinois Farmer on Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lawm

Post by lawm »

Well when your selling large swaths of land to Bill Gates or the likes *cough.....china, who cares about harvesting the crop at that point
CoreyTr

Post by CoreyTr »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:20 pm
CoreyTr wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:04 pm

You may have ears and eyes, but still don't understand the basics, like selling crops. Then when someone tells you Suffern you don't believe them because you think you know more. Good for you you drove a tractor because you were too weak to lift a hay bale at age 9 or 10. I'm acutely surprised you were allowed to drive. Also as blue pointed out it may be a regional difference and I believe him because he doesn't troll and make new accounts every month like you. Also I already agreed with you earlier that it was a bad design.
Your hatred is scary. You need to relax man, before you blow a gasket.
You may agree with me about the game, but you contradict yourself in the same sentence, just to try and prove me wrong about real life farming.
Illinois Farmer

I wouldn't call it hatred because it doesn't bother me once I am done responding. I just don't like you and never will. You a have banned her multiple times and need to just go away.
Eische

Post by Eische »

blue_painted wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:13 pm

I think it must be regional/national differences then, because I have, in my past life as an accountant, prepared the financial statements for the sale of land with cultivations and standing crop taken into account.
They might have open delivery contracts, so they need the crop harvest to fulfill those.
Only other reason I see why fields usually do not get sold with standing crop is that both parties do not want to estimate on yield. Or in other words: seller estimates to high while buyer estimates to low and they do not get an agreement.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Eische wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:48 pm
blue_painted wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:13 pm

They might have open delivery contracts, so they need the crop harvest to fulfill those.
Only other reason I see why fields usually do not get sold with standing crop is that both parties do not want to estimate on yield. Or in other words: seller estimates to high while buyer estimates to low and they do not get an agreement.
This was thirty something years ago, but I remember feeling smug that I had used Lotus 1-2-3 to calculate the schedules so that I could easily change the prices to reflect the bargaining that went on. Another one was easy, it was breaking up a farm on the death of one of the partners, so only the Inland Revenge to argue with!
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Is this a map thing or an easy mode thing or some other I tried this on a save and had a pretty sizable loss on the property when I resold. I was running precision farming so the yield wasn’t the greatest and so my profit wasn’t huge. With what I lost on the resale it was similar to leasing which I’ve since implemented when starting new games to get some of the crops I need for animals
QueenFran

Post by QueenFran »

Just here to confirm that I also experience issues with contracts on version 1.090 on PS5. Is Giants aware of the issue? Has anything been discussed? I can’t play the game like that, so I put it aside for now, *censored* because I love playing this game.
hpz937

Post by hpz937 »

I'm not sure if it's related but I did a couple of harvest contracts, that I was able to pick off at 12:00am with time slowed to 0.5, on both I came up about 1500 liters short of fulfilling the contract after harvesting. I have never had this happen before an this is the first harvest contracts I have done on 1.5