Next Farming Simulator Wishlist

Helazak

Re: Next Farming Simulator Wishlist

Post by Helazak »

It is surprising in a farming game that you never have to water. I cant plant a tree and have it survive without monitoring soil mosture for the first few weeks.
FS22 on PC, FS14, FS16, FS20 on iPhone Not a gamer. Most gamer jargon goes over my head.
Started playing for the education about farming.

Amateur (noob) Farmer 5 mostly forested acres
Tractor: Kubota M4900 (54HP), w/ Loader bucket and forks
Attachments: log splitter, Chipper/shredder, finish mower, scrape blade, rock rake, double moldboard plow, rototiller, Garden Bedder
Maarten Robijn

Post by Maarten Robijn »

I know most has been said / noted already, but still want to add my list of wishes for the next FS game.

• The main thought: give the game an Easy mode and an Advanced mode. It should be presets, so people can choose their preffered style.
• In easy mode:
○ Simple animal health
○ Simple economics
○ Immediate build
○ Simple production processes
○ Simple maintenance
○ No weather impact
○ Autoloading (also for console)
• In advanced mode:
○ Weather (events) have impact on yield and prices (crop quality)
○ Pests (pesticide) have impact on yield and prices (crop quality)
○ Economics
○ Animal care detailed
○ Maintenance detailed
○ Crop withering and bale 'rotting'
○ Irrigation (both additional, as also drainage when it is raining a lot)
• More detailed economy (less predictable)
○ Supply and demand (for harvest, but also for productions)
○ World events have impact on prices (economy) - News articles per month
○ Farm enonomics reports (more info, pages, longer available (lifetime)
• Reworked leasing and contracting
○ Hire equipment (short; downpayment, cost per day + work hour)
○ Lease equipment (long term, commitment/agreement, a bit cheaper, but with a penalty when returning quickly; cost per month + work hour)
○ Hire contractor to do a job (cost per job)
○ Hire worker (for the farm = long term, commitment/agreement, cost per month)
• Workers abilities
○ Care for animals (milk, water, clean, etc)
○ Do field job
○ Transportation
○ Maintenance
○ Workers have specialities
• Animals
○ More different types (ducks, goats, fish, lama,
○ Baby, young, adult, old
○ Health in detail (requist vet, feed requirements)
○ Feed based on needs (diet)
• Maintance schema
○ Age wear effects cost (general wear), but not on short term
○ Failures / break downs in the field
○ Parts that fail have to be replaced
○ Short term maintenance (farmer) - Oil, filters, cables, cleaning, wearables (cutting knives, blades), wheels.
○ Spare parts can be bought
○ Professional maintenance (dealer) - Engine, gearbox, chassis, hydraulics, electronics
○ Damage from rough handling (bumps in street, hit buildings or cars, etc). Not easy to repair.
• More driver aids / electronics
○ GPS should be built in basegame all platforms
○ Displays should be more detailled (with map, gps, harvest details, equipment settings)
• Graphics
○ Textures blend into each other more
○ Less rough edges (jagged lines)
○ Proper triple monitor support (no fish-eye effect)
• Interaction with the map
○ Terraform with certain equipment
○ More textures
○ Construction projects
○ Missions
○ Paintable fields
○ Pasture grazing during summer, inside during winter
○ Tyres damage the fields in the rain.
○ Impossible to harvest in wet weather.
○ Water physics (need for 'sloot' and 'kanaal')
• Crop types in four modes:
○ Grains (seeder)
○ Root crops (planter + ridger)
○ Vineyard
○ Greenhouses
• More crops. Idea's, that should be put in the four main crop 'types':
○ Peas
○ Cucumbers
○ Cabbages
○ Lettuce
○ Spinach
○ Pumpkin
○ Alfalfa
○ Clover
○ Unions
○ Garlic
○ Flowers (like vineyards)
○ Rice
○ Bananas (like vineyards)
○ Oranges (like vineyards)
○ Peaches, nectarines (like vineyards)
○ Apples (like vineyards)
○ Tea (like vineyards)
• AI traffic have to use traffic rules
○ Right of way
○ Speed limits
○ Overtaking of slow vehicles
○ Random parking events
• Shop
○ Search function
○ Better categorization
○ Used equipment in different section, but with the same categories (not only a discount screen)
○ Used equiment shows wear + part replacement needs (or age)
○ Classic equipment prices are always lower (encouragement)
○ Group by age-option (per decade)
• Build mode
○ Undo function
○ Search
○ Roads
○ Zoom limits (further)
○ Building takes time: plan + place, then every day or month, the building moves to next stage (like growth).
• User interface
○ All keys/actions should be mappable. Mods must use this feature always (enforced by Modhub release QA)
○ Equipment settings selection: the current setting and the button to set it should be clearly seperated. F1 shows Controls. A seperate 'Info display' for current settings. Or switching between these modes with F1 off, keys, info)
○ Mini map shows relevant info during activity (seeding, fertilizing, mowing, etc). Like with precision farming
○ HUD elements selectable (on/off)
○ HUD elements position changeable. Could be like a ' widget'. Or basic ' % from the border.
○ Interactive help. For equipment, placeables, productions: when close, an option to open a help window that shows information. How to use it, controls, settings, etc
Last edited by Maarten Robijn on Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beanbrother

Post by Beanbrother »

NDDan wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:13 pm
Gugernoot215 wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 4:20 am Didn't fs19 seasons have partial crop failure?
I had one year in seasons FS 19 when the fall was so wet that I could not harvest most of my soybeans. I was frustrated, but, overall, it added to my experience of the game. Some players might not like that, but for me, the unexpected challenge of weathering that was fun. I would love to see rain as more of a factor, both positively and negatively.
I have beat this dead horse for a long time now. Having to manage your time, with the weather was something I very much enjoyed. I always have cattle and so having to put up hay was a thing, but making sure the weather lined up with when you planned on cutting was great. Also the pressure that it brought in harvest time.
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

Maarten Robijn wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:18 pm ○ Proper triple monitor support (no fish-eye effect)
WOW. You have been thinking about this.
What do you mean by "proper" I have 3 monitors but only use one. Are you using more? What would you want?
FS22 on PC, FS14, FS16, FS20 on iPhone Not a gamer. Most gamer jargon goes over my head.

Attachments: log splitter, Chipper/shredder, finish mower, scrape blade, rock rake, double moldboard plow, rototiller, Garden Bedder
Maarten Robijn

Post by Maarten Robijn »

Helazak wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:58 am
Maarten Robijn wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:18 pm ○ Proper triple monitor support (no fish-eye effect)
WOW. You have been thinking about this.
What do you mean by "proper" I have 3 monitors but only use one. Are you using more? What would you want?
Thanks! Yeah, i have put in a fair share of hours (>1000) in FS22 and that makes a man think about possible features. Love the mods and modders, but hope Giants can set the tone in some 'main' features that modders can build on.

About the triple monitor support: there are actually 2 parts of this. It is possible to play FS22 on triple monitors when you use the GPU features for creating a very wide output (nVidio Surround or AMD Infinity i think) with f.e. 7810 x 1440. In FS22, you use the same resolution and set a field of view (FOV) that matches the distance of the screen.

FIrst, the mentioned 'fish-eye-effect' that happens on all wide monitors currently. So with triples, but also with ultra-wide. It means that the visuals in the middle are (let's say) 1 pixel, then on the edges they are now streched to a lot bigger (lets say 1.5 pixels).- It looks like a normal image, untill you look properly.

The second parts has to do with view of view. When we now strech the image to full triple monitor, the left and right part of the image shows more of the side of the tractor, but it does not account for the angle of the monitors. Everything is very streched there and the movement of the environment is faster there too. In top-classs games (mostly racing games) it is possible to set the angles of the monitors and the distrance the players sits to the monitor. This results in better field of view and more realistic feeling.

The combination of this, on very wide screens, means you get motion (movement) sick a lot faster.

Just realized there is a third part of these settings. The current FOV setting changes the distance the driver sits from the steering wheel. So when we change the FOV, we more our 'seat' back or forward. That is not a realistic change of FOV. The FOV should also impact the positioning relative to the environment in combination with the angles setting, that is currently not available.

Unfortunately, the amount of people playing with triple screens (and seriously) is a lot lower than the amount of players that play the game casually on a single monitor. Also, the game developer (Giants) should not have to build the whole graphics settings part in detail, that should be handled by the GPU drivers. But settings like this are a bit more game specific, same as the base FOV setting that is available in the game.

The best example I know, is how Assetto Corsa Competizione sets the triple monitors. But other racing games have similar settings, as mentioned.
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

I was thinking more of multiple windows open. Like one window for FPV driver, one for classic overhead, one for an active map menu. Regardless of how many monitors you have I can imagine a bunch of windows kind of like a security monitoring center to keep tabs on what is happening.

banzaiman

Post by banzaiman »

I hope They fix the issue with Steering sensitivity with using a controller on PC. If its at 50% or 200% I just need to breath on the stick and the tractor shoots off to the side. I've tried multiple controllers and it makes no difference. I've tried all the Various mods out there for better control/ Steering and none of them help. its been an issue for me since FSS19. If I plug in a Wheel its great, but I don't always have the time to drag it out of the Cupboard and spend 10 minutes setting it up *thumbsdown*
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

banzaiman wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 3:00 pm I hope They fix the issue with Steering sensitivity with using a controller on PC. If its at 50% or 200% I just need to breath on the stick and the tractor shoots off to the side. I've tried multiple controllers and it makes no difference. I've tried all the Various mods out there for better control/ Steering and none of them help. its been an issue for me since FSS19. If I plug in a Wheel its great, but I don't always have the time to drag it out of the Cupboard and spend 10 minutes setting it up *thumbsdown*
You might well have tried this one already, but this one works well for me.
https://github.com/Stephan-S/FS22_RealisticSteering
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Coltar452017

Post by Coltar452017 »

It would be nice to have trains and rail cars that can be bought and have your own rail line and more crops like peanuts and green peas
wiggersjoelt

Post by wiggersjoelt »

I like a lot of the comments and your wishes on this thread. I thought I'd ad in a few of my and support some of the ones mentioned here. I'll rank them in order of importance for me:

1: New animals (i.e. goats, ducks, young animals, etc.)
2: More realism when taking care of animals such as feeding water, animals get sick, etc.
3. New crops (sweet corn, green beans, peas, rye, alfalfa, clover, forage sorghum.) Also new equipment to handle crops that require it. (You don't harvest peas, sweet corn, or green beans for human consumption with a combine.
4. Like some said, no more magic seed. Each crop has its own seed. Varieties of some crops such as shorter day corn and longer day corn.
5. More weather systems, storms, and crop damage and failures.
6. Irrigation systems to water crops that require it.
7. Maizeplus built into game.
8. These two wishes would be cool but I know they are hard to implement so I'm not expecting them. (Dynamic soil and damage and rust on equipment.)

Some of the above suggestions of wishes should be able to be turned off or on in settings so those who don't want to play with those options wouldn't have to play that way.

I love fs22 so I'll appreciate any new improvements they make in the next game.

That's just my wish list.

Thanks,

Joel W
Last edited by wiggersjoelt on Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ekan

Post by Ekan »

Maarten Robijn wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:18 pm
• More crops. Idea's, that should be put in the four main crop 'types':
○ Peas
○ Cucumbers
○ Cabbages
○ Lettuce
○ Spinach
○ Pumpkin
○ Alfalfa
○ Clover
○ Unions
○ Garlic
○ Flowers (like vineyards)
○ Rice
○ Bananas (like vineyards)
○ Oranges (like vineyards)
○ Peaches, nectarines (like vineyards)
○ Apples (like vineyards)
○ Tea (like vineyards)
One of the most common crop that of some weird reason is not in game, RYE! :lol:
FS since 2012 :hi:
"Immersive farmplay & detail fanatic"

PC: :gamer:
Acer "28" NItro XVO (4k)
Geforce RTX 3070
i7-8700k 5ghz (OC) (3.70ghz)
HyperX fury 32gb RAM
M.2 970 evoPlus (500gb)
M.2 MP500 (150gb)
ROG strix Z370-F
EVGA 750w psu, Corsair cooling & chassi
kurtspeedracer1

Post by kurtspeedracer1 »

Airplanes/ Crop-dusters!
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Ekan wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:53 pm
One of the most common crop that of some weird reason is not in game, RYE! :lol:
Agreed, along with alfalfa, rice, and edible beans. Always weird those four are missing.
Fredashay

Post by Fredashay »

My wish is for vehicles to be easier to steer.

Take a tip from Euro Truck Simulator on how to simulate steering and vehicle handling in a game...
eric21

Post by eric21 »

You can do that in settings, i know u could in fs19