Animal farming

ErwinR55

Re: Animal farming

Post by ErwinR55 »

masterplan wrote: You'd regret that, you'd have too many pigs too soon. They multiply like crazy. Someone did the exact calculation, I think pigs double their numbers in 4 days. Someone please verify that. ;-)
I know, I am bored with the normal activities of selling crops, so I need a place to hide my crops produce. 1500 pigses just took not even 1/3 of my harvest this time, and that was for a 6 days filling. And this map is way easier to maintain than Chellington, so trust me, 5.000 pigses would just have been a nice beginning :).
PS4 player
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

RODHA wrote:Yup. I knew you would like it :wink3:

I started to harvest the existing crops on fields 21-25. When I'm finished I'll combine them. Btw, how do you know that it is 64ha? I had an idea of finding it out but before I wonder how you found it out?
As Erwin said, but I stick to harvested ha. For example fertilised shows nonsense.
ErwinR55 wrote: I know, I am bored with the normal activities of selling crops, so I need a place to hide my crops produce. 1500 pigses just took not even 1/3 of my harvest this time, and that was for a 6 days filling. And this map is way easier to maintain than Chellington, so trust me, 5.000 pigses would just have been a nice beginning :).
Don't tell me that, that's what I do. I also hate selling crops. :-D But I wouldn't buy as many, they reproduce quickly. ;-)
FS22 @ Xbox Series X | waiting for a cool mod map :biggrin2:
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

ErwinR55 wrote:Best way to see what size a field is, is starting from save, combine or cultivate the field, and then look in the stats.
Yup, that was also the idea in my mind. Thanks for approving :hi:

On the pigs issue, I'll try to be more sensible than giving all my crops to a mountain of pigs :mrgreen:
I'm planing to develop new methods of selling mass amounts crops like 1M liters at a time. I'll have my challenges other than pigs :mrgreen:
PS5 / FS22
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

I do a pig food rotation, like one round, it'll be wheat, canola and beet, next will be barley, sunflower and potato.
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

I also a pig food rotation. In my case it's corn, corn, corn, corn, corn and finally.... Wait for it.... CORN! :-D

RODHA: do you want me to spoil your fun? It's actually very easy to sell 1M liters at once. ;-)
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

masterplan wrote:RODHA: do you want me to spoil your fun? It's actually very easy to sell 1M liters at once. ;-)
Conveyors? :confusednew:
PS5 / FS22
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

RODHA wrote: Conveyors? :confusednew:
Dude, seriously? You know how much I hate those. Nope, Bromar augers. A chain of them. ;-)
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Well, you can't unload 7 Bromar at the same time in any of the sell points at Lawfolds... Or can you? :confusednew:
PS5 / FS22
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

Haven't tried that, but in the middle of the map there's a lot of space, so why not? ;-)
Guil

Post by Guil »

I'm sure you could line them up and have them refill the next one with only one tipping in the sell point.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

What??? :shock: :shock: :shock:

That is f*** brilliant. I'm losing my marbels right now :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I need to go home an try this ASAP. You are a genius Guil :hi:
PS5 / FS22
ErwinR55

Post by ErwinR55 »

RODHA wrote:What??? :shock: :shock: :shock:

That is f*** brilliant. I'm losing my marbels right now :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I need to go home an try this ASAP. You are a genius Guil :hi:
Wait, I thought you knew, do we really need to teach you EVERYTHING?
PS4 player
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

ErwinR55 wrote:
RODHA wrote:What???

I need to go home an try this ASAP. You are a genius Guil
Wait, I thought you knew, do we really need to teach you EVERYTHING?
You think he's bad? You should see all of the posts on GDN and FS-UK i made to help with my trailer :blushnew: :lol:
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

Guil wrote:I'm sure you could line them up and have them refill the next one with only one tipping in the sell point.
Exactly what I had in mind. *thumbsup* Those things don't even need a tractor attached to the in order to tip into another tipper. :-)
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

ErwinR55 wrote:Wait, I thought you knew, do we really need to teach you EVERYTHING?
You broke my heart :frown: :frown: You happy now? :mrgreen:

But you are right. Sometimes I got too much used to doing things in just one way, I don't see the alternatives.
That is one of the biggest reasons why I'm so active in this forum and why I watch lets plays in youtube.
I like learning. It is also the biggest part of my job. So, I think trying to find alternative ways on my own became a bit inefficient since doing research and learning from other sources is much more efficient and time saving. Occupational hazard I guess. I'm a patent engineer and also an IT guy. Research and learn is kinda my life instead of creating.
PS5 / FS22