rattlesnake valley

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
FunFarmer

Re: rattlesnake valley

Post by FunFarmer »

somethingonmyshoe2 wrote:hi there all
yes the map rattlesnake valley is in testing. 4th upload so far lol . I'm hopeing its all right this time round. :this:
Thank you for giving us an update. That seem to be really hard to come by anymore. I hope it goes well this time too.
Just a guy, playing the game of life, and this game.
"PC" player. Modded to the teeth.
FS15/17, Saitek 3 piece, and a crappy lappy.

:hi: :gamer:
aklein

Post by aklein »

This map they are testing yet others seem to get approved with things that should have been found in testing and you think would be somewhat easy fix's.
FunFarmer

Post by FunFarmer »

aklein wrote:This map they are testing yet others seem to get approved with things that should have been found in testing and you think would be somewhat easy fix's.
I have noticed that too. That is all I have been thinking while waiting for this map. This is why I wish there was more interaction with us about map progress.

Dmann88

Post by Dmann88 »

FunFarmer wrote:
aklein wrote:This map they are testing yet others seem to get approved with things that should have been found in testing and you think would be somewhat easy fix's.
I have noticed that too. That is all I have been thinking while waiting for this map. This is why I wish there was more interaction with us about map progress.
Yes it would be nice to know what's going on but let's see how it goes
wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

This is exactly my point as well. Other maps are out almost immediately. Strange... maybe they changed their policies/testing procedures for maps?
FunFarmer

Post by FunFarmer »

wiseguy49 wrote:
This is exactly my point as well. Other maps are out almost immediately. Strange... maybe they changed their policies/testing procedures for maps?
It does seem really really strange doesn't it...... I have been saying this for quite a while.... A lot of things don't add up about the details concerning this map.

cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

my guess would be that the maps that fly through have less errors or problems.... but that would be conjecture on my part..

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
FunFarmer

Post by FunFarmer »

To be totally honest, I don't think it is going to be released publicly and all involved are just hoping the enthusiasm that was created will fade and be forgotten about. There are too many signs pointing in that direction anymore.

eric21

Post by eric21 »

Do remmeber its a 4x map so its first of its kind uploaded to giants
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

eric21 wrote:Do remmeber its a 4x map so its first of its kind uploaded to giants
isn't Kleinhau ?

I know that one is taking a while too reach console as well.. but is up for PC
Last edited by cr41g_1965 on Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

FunFarmer: I don't believe that for a second. Somethingonmyshoe spent more than 167 hours (this was what was posted when it was 90% done) on this map. It will be out eventually, that I'm sure of.
FunFarmer

Post by FunFarmer »

I would love to be wrong. Trust me.

eric21

Post by eric21 »

Aso he longer it takes the better it will be
aklein

Post by aklein »

We know with CBP that at least the update took 2 days maybe 3 from upload to being in the hub. There was a youtube video that was posted on Wed that guessed it would be out by the end of the week. he got a copy of the map as that was uploaded to giants by bulletbill. Figure he got the map and made the video on Tuesday, maybe Monday, posted the map on youtube Wed and the map was out Thursday.

Folks have stated that the reputation of the map maker and their associated group is high and the quality of the map will be as high if not higher than giants made maps which would lead you to think it should breeze through giants testing but to be sent back 4 times for corrections. And to have things like cow manure not show up in a released map that went through testing. My idea of testing must be alot more indepth but I would guess you would give yourself a ton of $. start the game and buy several of each animal. Edit in piles of grass, hay and straw to feed everything. water the animals to make sure the water works, see that liquid and solid manure show up and are collectable, run some missions on some fields if not run at least 1 mission on all the fields to see how things spawn in. harvest the outside edges of all fields to make sure the field definitions are correct and folks dont get the you dont own this field message when they are clearly within the field they do own's borders. If the map has gold nuggets set someone out to get them all.

All of that seems like testing to me yet all of the problems I mentioned have showed up in maps already tested by giants. If they are not looking for these things there must have been really big problems with the map and if these guys are really that good they should have found those issues out already.

Its vaporware till its a reality. I feel bad for console players as they seem just way to limited. I think I would have lost interest in the game if I only had what console folks could get and do. For PC users there are new maps released nearly every day on reputable mod sites for evaluating not to mention the never ending mod releases, the ability to edit ones own save file or mod files to suit your game play.
wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

I'd also like to point out the number of views on this thread. Think a lot of people are excited for this? I'd say so. Every thread about this map blows up in views.

somethingonmyshoe posted over at AEM also and said that today is day 4 of Giants testing upload #4. So will the 4x map be released on the 4th upload on the 4th day of testing? hmmmm