One field with multiple crops?

Illinois Farmer

Re: One field with multiple crops?

Post by Illinois Farmer »

The harvester will only harvest what you initially harvest. Sorry for a late replie. I'm in myrtle beach.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

You can plant with no gap. If you're using a seeder that cultivates any edge "overlap" will be planted with the newest crop. Harvester will only get the initial crop harvested, shouldnt have an effect on the crop in the next strip as Illinois farmer said.
Playing on PC and PS4
CaptGoodvibes

Post by CaptGoodvibes »

Thanks all! I'll try a no gap seeding of a couple cereals to see how it goes.

FWIW, I finally found the pic above by searching "Netherlands farming" haha!!!
PS4
-----------------------------
I like jumping off the deep end
CaptGoodvibes

Post by CaptGoodvibes »

Mwal wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:10 pm New save, plant two strips quickest growth setting and fast forward👍🏻
Well, I'm a little embarressed. I forgot you could play without seasons hahahaha!!!!! :mrgreen:
PS4
CaptGoodvibes

Post by CaptGoodvibes »

No, it doesn't work.

I ran a Case 1660 w/18ft 1030 header and as soon as I overlapped crops, the harvester stopped cutting and I couldn't get it to cut the first crop again even without overlap.
PS4
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

That sounds like a mod issue
Playing on PC and PS4
Stryder87

Post by Stryder87 »

CaptGoodvibes wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:55 am No, it doesn't work.

I ran a Case 1660 w/18ft 1030 header and as soon as I overlapped crops, the harvester stopped cutting and I couldn't get it to cut the first crop again even without overlap.
I ran into this on CanFarm and had the same thing happen to me (I forgot to leave a gap). As soon as the header touched the other crop from what I was harvesting, it would quit cutting until I emptied the harvester and started again. What I ended up doing was running the header as close to the divider between the different crops as I could. As long as it didn't cross over and touch the other crop, it would harvest fine (I used the helper to keep the line straight). This would leave about 1-2 'rows' of crop behind. I then did the other crop the same way, as close to the divider line as possible without letting the header touch the other crop. I ended up leaving about 1-2 rows of both crops behind, but I just plowed them under and called it a success. Both crops used the same header.
CaptGoodvibes

Post by CaptGoodvibes »

Drmattymd wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:02 pm That sounds like a mod issue
Valid point. I'll try again with the NH in game equipment.
PS4
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

Then again it could be they changed something in 19 where it wont work like it should. Im almost positive you could do it in 17.
Playing on PC and PS4