Consoles have 8GB for mods??!!

Crazyhorse

Re: Consoles have 8GB for mods??!!

Post by Crazyhorse »

Erm I've spoken to Microsoft and they say otherwise this is what they said " Unfortunately this feature Is at the publisher's discretion, we recommend contacting the game developers on this matter." And " We truly would love to help you with the matter but we do not have the proper tools to do so, please try contacting the game developer again.
Thank you."
So no it's not MS or Sony it must be giants
Crazyhorse

Post by Crazyhorse »

eric21 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:53 pm The limit size on consoles isn't that bad
if your on ps5 it isn't I agree.
George7707

Post by George7707 »

I hope the Giants solve this in update v 1.3 and increase the space for the mods. The currently available mods, including maps, are already over 4GB, so I've already full mods storage even though I have plenty of free disk space on my Xbox Series X.
bosay831

Post by bosay831 »

There is no logical reason why you should have every MOD out that has been released installed at the same time. That being said, the MOD storage issue on Xbox needs to be addressed ASAP.
USA - Florida - Yes I'm a Florida man but not "that" Florida man...
FS 22 on XBOX Series X because I want to and refuse to pay COVID prices for PC parts
FS19 on PC
Fanta4

Post by Fanta4 »

Crazyhorse wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:10 am Erm I've spoken to Microsoft and they say otherwise this is what they said " Unfortunately this feature Is at the publisher's discretion, we recommend contacting the game developers on this matter." And " We truly would love to help you with the matter but we do not have the proper tools to do so, please try contacting the game developer again.
Thank you."
Yes... i said this a month ago.. it is fully on giants. So there is no single reason for MS to restrict it.
So Giants is very laczy on next gen... LS22 is still runing on backward comp - not as a next gen version.
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

TacoFarmer wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:57 pm I was just checking out the mods. I notice at the top has over 8000MB,that's over 8GB for mods?? Honestly I haven't paid much attention to all the FS22 news or read every post about FS22 so maybe this is being talked about somewhere else. But this is news to me. Is this on purpose or a bug??
If you are on Playstation, then this is on purpose: viewtopic.php?f=963&t=188074&p=1474583#p1474583
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Fanta4 wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:03 pm
Crazyhorse wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:10 am Erm I've spoken to Microsoft and they say otherwise this is what they said " Unfortunately this feature Is at the publisher's discretion, we recommend contacting the game developers on this matter." And " We truly would love to help you with the matter but we do not have the proper tools to do so, please try contacting the game developer again.
Thank you."
Yes... i said this a month ago.. it is fully on giants. So there is no single reason for MS to restrict it.
So Giants is very laczy on next gen... LS22 is still runing on backward comp - not as a next gen version.
Actually crazyhorse said it three months ago haha. Giants had an official response from a team member, that post you quoted looks like a generic response they said to anyone with a question about a game feature.
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

Ok, I'm on a PC and just checked my mods for FS19 where I had about 3000hrs of play time, and I only have 3.7GB's worth of mods. Mind you I only had 3 mod maps I played regularly. The rest I deleted when I was dont either trying them out or done playing them.
Ok so I just checked FS22 and I'm already at 2.7gb's so I can see how 4 will be a little bit of a problem.
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

Thank you."
Is it really out of the realm of possibility that both parties are "passing the buck" so to speak? Microsoft will blame GIANTS, GIANTS will blame Microsoft. It's quite likely, as is usually the case, that the answer lies somewhere in between.

As for the original post, I played FS17 on my PS4, and by the time I switched to FS19, I had only about 50% of my mod space full. I don't know what the limit was back then, but I surely don't find it all that disagreeable.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far"- Theodore Roosevelt
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel