Can map creators stop adding power lines to maps

SimulatedFarmer

Re: Can map creators stop adding power lines to maps

Post by SimulatedFarmer »

I think most modders are ok with suggestions or requests, but they, like us all, love praise. I have zero idea how long it takes to do mods, but I expect they all take a big chunk of time and probably maps more than any.
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

For me powerlines and telegraph poles are part of the UK countryside look and feel. Without them it doesn't look or feel right.

As for working around them in a field I absolutely love it. Same with trees in the middle of a field. It makes in interesting and challenging to work.

Remember we all have personal preferences on map styles, but I can definitely recommend the OP should not bother playing my map when it is released. :lol:
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
JMGaming_

Post by JMGaming_ »

Hello

The world is not perfect, there are dirty things, damaged roads and ugly power lines, fields that are never square and lands are never flat. In the sky there are never multicolored balloons, and rarely rainbows.
The grass is not cut well and the angles are never right. The world is like that. There are many maps that look like an amusement park like Disney Land, too few that are close to reality. We will have to live with that.
Good game.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

BulletBill wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:30 pm For me powerlines and telegraph poles are part of the UK countryside look and feel. Without them it doesn't look or feel right.

As for working around them in a field I absolutely love it. Same with trees in the middle of a field. It makes in interesting and challenging to work.

Remember we all have personal preferences on map styles, but I can definitely recommend the OP should not bother playing my map when it is released. :lol:
You make maps? Assuming around the UK since you mentioned it. You should take a look at The West Coast from FS 17. It was pretty good.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

chedly_farms wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:36 pm
You make maps? Assuming around the UK since you mentioned it. You should take a look at The West Coast from FS 17. It was pretty good.
Genuinely can’t tell if you are joking 😆
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

chedly_farms wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:48 am How are you going to power the lights and stuff in the barn without the power poles?
The European way. Put them underground
Ignorance is bliss
Jimbob0704

Post by Jimbob0704 »

Underground? The main power lines cannot be placed underground, only the smaller lines that you find in towns and housing estates but the main power lines go right across the country and through fields, this is a bit like people not wanting old bits of machinery and junk lying around the farms but that’s not how it is in real life, farmers hate to throw away anything they might find a use for a few years down the line meaning they end up with all sorts of junk lying in hedgerows all around the farm
Owner of YouTube channel FS landscaping
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVa5pA ... kqx5eVXmxw
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:51 pm
What was wrong with the West Coast? I'm not joking. Was it that bad?
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

chedly_farms wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:42 pm
Rasping rabbit wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:51 pm
What was wrong with the West Coast? I'm not joking. Was it that bad?
The joke was, BulletBill was the modder who made The West Coast for FS17, you just told him to check out his own map 👍🏼
Jimbob0704

Post by Jimbob0704 »

That’s why he said it, even I got that, every man and his dog knows who made west coast
CoreyTr

Post by CoreyTr »

Jimbob0704 wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:09 pm Underground? The main power lines cannot be placed underground, only the smaller lines that you find in towns and housing estates but the main power lines go right across the country and through fields, this is a bit like people not wanting old bits of machinery and junk lying around the farms but that’s not how it is in real life, farmers hate to throw away anything they might find a use for a few years down the line meaning they end up with all sorts of junk lying in hedgerows all around the farm
The game is not like real life. I don't know why people keep comparing it to real life.

If you had junk around your farm in real life, you'd be able to clean it up. In the game you can't.
Power lines have electricity running through them in real life. In the game they don't, and aren't even connected to all the buildings that light up.
ChiefContractor

Post by ChiefContractor »

are you forgetting its called farming SIMULATOR
Hello! I'm a PC gamer now! Care to join my server for Realistic and Fun Farming simulator 19 multiplayer?
If so, click here -> https://discord.gg/KnEzWm32tF
Jimbob0704

Post by Jimbob0704 »

CoreyTr wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:54 pm
Jimbob0704 wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:09 pm Underground? The main power lines cannot be placed underground, only the smaller lines that you find in towns and housing estates but the main power lines go right across the country and through fields, this is a bit like people not wanting old bits of machinery and junk lying around the farms but that’s not how it is in real life, farmers hate to throw away anything they might find a use for a few years down the line meaning they end up with all sorts of junk lying in hedgerows all around the farm
The game is not like real life. I don't know why people keep comparing it to real life.

If you had junk around your farm in real life, you'd be able to clean it up. In the game you can't.
Power lines have electricity running through them in real life. In the game they don't, and aren't even connected to all the buildings that light up.
Depends on your playing style, arcade players don’t care for realism and are only interested in a quick fix of making as much as they can in a harvester doing 80mph with a 200 foot header and don’t want things like hedges, trees or realistic junk getting in there way whilst doing their perfectly square field with 90 degree angles using hired driver, 20 minutes later and there playing Forza whilst the realism players want as much realism as possible, hence the reason we loved seasons and UK maps with hedges, trees and electricity poles getting in our way, that’s why us guys compare it to real life
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

chedly_farms wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:36 pm You make maps? Assuming around the UK since you mentioned it. You should take a look at The West Coast from FS 17. It was pretty good.
No never made maps before... this is my first time.

Heard the guy who made TWC is a right douche. :lol:
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
Beanbrother

Post by Beanbrother »

I have a question mr. Bullet bill is there a problem with having powerlines or other objects that are close to the road having no collision? With us console people now that have the ability to have someone drive a vehicle from a to B there are maps that they struggle with because the powerpoles have collision. An easy example of be a tractor with duels. I love being in the field having two combines going I am on the grain carts and there’s a guy in the super b waiting to be filled. But the struggle of the semi driver getting back to the yard or Sellpoint to dump becomes a headache