Premium Expansion - Thoughts?

Totenfarmer

Re: Premium Expansion - Thoughts?

Post by Totenfarmer »

UncleRico wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 3:04 am
Totenfarmer wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 10:40 pm
The shock was that it was mostly americans that called it a mexican map, some guy told me that to some americans everything south of the border was Mexico :p
I didn’t realize someone was keeping track…
It's not hard to "keep track" when you follow american modders and content creators on youtube, but yeah..something that put americans in a bit of bad light must make me a liar, after all you are perfect and a light in the darkness for the rest of the world.
farmerfivetom

Post by farmerfivetom »

I think the main reason, why giants don't put onions in the dlc is, because they need many new machines. You can't harvest onions the same way as a potato or a carrot.
Parsnips or Beetrots can be harvested the same way as carrots, so its easier to implement them.

I am really interested in the new dlc. And for me its the First one i really want to play.
:hi:
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Parsnips are done differently to carrots, between a beet harvester and potato harvester
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Totenfarmer wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:49 am
It's not hard to "keep track" when you follow american modders and content creators on youtube, but yeah..something that put americans in a bit of bad light must make me a liar, after all you are perfect and a light in the darkness for the rest of the world.
Yup you got us, farm sim YouTubers are definitely the most intelligent amongst all Americans. You should probably talk to someone professional about that other stuff
xlisa1986x

Post by xlisa1986x »

Sounds like a nice expansion, I’m a little confused though - is there gonna be 2 new maps cos it says 6 maps on the advert for the premium edition… so you have Elmcreek, Haut-Beyleron, Erlengrat and Silverrun Forest which makes 4 and obviously the new one but that only makes 5 or am I missing something?

I’m hoping the new crops can be added to modded maps 🤞🏼
Xbox 360 - FS and FS15
Xbox One - FS17 and FS19
Xbox Series X - FS22
BostonJohnny1226

Post by BostonJohnny1226 »

I'm wondering if the new crops will made available on existing maps or just the new one.
Lawma

Post by Lawma »

BostonJohnny1226 wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 2:50 pm I'm wondering if the new crops will made available on existing maps or just the new one.
Did the ability to break rocks with platinum expansion get added to Elmcreek? If not I'd lean on a no to new crops on existing maps. If yes, I would say only Giants maps
Boost_GLR

Post by Boost_GLR »

xlisa1986x wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 1:21 pm Sounds like a nice expansion, I’m a little confused though - is there gonna be 2 new maps cos it says 6 maps on the advert for the premium edition… so you have Elmcreek, Haut-Beyleron, Erlengrat and Silverrun Forest which makes 4 and obviously the new one but that only makes 5 or am I missing something?

Came to this thread curious about that as well.
FS22 on Xbox Series X. But play the older titles on PC.
TheGazbeard

Post by TheGazbeard »

Let's wait and see if Giants get the growth months correct for the parsnips and carrots. Both can be either autumn or winter planted for harvest in the spring (to allow true double cropping per field).

Parsnips in particular can/should be planted at least 5 weeks before the last frost and can be harvested any time after it. Here in Northern England, that commonly means late December-January sowing and March/April harvest (which my father and his neighbours did as a 2nd winter crop after an early crop of parsnip harvested before Christmas). More popular (supermarket) varieties are planted August-September and harvested late November into December (after they've had at least one frost, but in time for Christmas Lunch). Totally bland and tasteless varieties sold to the mega-retailers are sown mid summer and harvested late autumn.

But I also notice Giants have a real aversion to leaf crops - Brussels Sprouts, Spring Cabbage, Spring Kale, Spinach, and Spring Cauliflower are all year-end field sowings that are harvested after the last frost (March - April depending on your location), which again allows for true dual cropping, with grain or pulse crops going in after lifting the wintered leaf and root crops.

I'd really like to see these cold month crops introduced into FarmSim earlier rather than later.
My FarmSim farms on YouTube - Gazbeard
My FarmSim farms on Twitch - TheGazbeard
ThePinf

Post by ThePinf »

Hello, does anybody can tell me, is there no way to play content included in premium edition until it released in November? Yesterday I bought premium edition (pre-order), before it I played FS on Xbox gamepass. So after the purchase it started to download all included and released content like platinum dlc, Kubota pack etc. But in game I can't see any of this content, absolutely nothing. So I thought maybe I can't use any content until 14th November?
Latokulma

Post by Latokulma »

ThePinf wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 8:18 am Hello, does anybody can tell me, is there no way to play content included in premium edition until it released in November? Yesterday I bought premium edition (pre-order), before it I played FS on Xbox gamepass. So after the purchase it started to download all included and released content like platinum dlc, Kubota pack etc. But in game I can't see any of this content, absolutely nothing. So I thought maybe I can't use any content until 14th November?
Hello, you should be able to use already published content like platinum dlc and kubota. Some parts of year 2 season pass are also published already but you have to wait to rest of them be published like premium expansion.
ThePinf

Post by ThePinf »

Latokulma wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 3:49 pm you should be able to use already published content
But I can't😁 There is no one dlc available in game. Tried to delete all them and install one by one, nothing changed.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Be sure that the premium, and any additionally yet to be released dlcs included, aren't selected, and you should be good to go
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
ThePinf

Post by ThePinf »

Noraf wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 7:43 pm Be sure that the premium, and any additionally yet to be released dlcs included, aren't selected, and you should be good to go
Just checked in Xbox menu, it is 10 add-ons installed. Antonio Carraro, Agi pack, ERO grapeliner, goweil, hay & forage, Kubota, platinum expansion, Vermeer, Volvo lm 845, zetor 25 k. That's all. And all of them are checked as installed. In game add-ons menu no one of them appears.
I saw that I'm not alone with this problem on Xbox on this forum.
TheGazbeard

Post by TheGazbeard »

Boost_GLR wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 6:19 pm
xlisa1986x wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 1:21 pm Sounds like a nice expansion, I’m a little confused though - is there gonna be 2 new maps cos it says 6 maps on the advert for the premium edition… so you have Elmcreek, Haut-Beyleron, Erlengrat and Silverrun Forest which makes 4 and obviously the new one but that only makes 5 or am I missing something?

Came to this thread curious about that as well.
There's also that "experimental/future/test" farm map that came with one of the equipment DLCs
My FarmSim farms on YouTube - Gazbeard
My FarmSim farms on Twitch - TheGazbeard