Does anyone else not bother with productions?

Candyman35

Re: Does anyone else not bother with productions?

Post by Candyman35 »

UncleRico wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:35 pm
Candyman35 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:18 pm
How do you auto sell?
When you are in the production window you can set to store, sell, and some other things I can’t completely remember, but I set it to sell. You don’t get as much money though
Is that in the precision mod I have never seen that in Elm Creek map.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

I have once - possibily twice -- used productions as a way of making a lot of pig food to run a big pig operation but other than that ... no. It's not farming.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Candyman35 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:47 am
Pretty sure you just click on the outgoing products and change the status but I guess it could be a mod that does it.
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

blue_painted wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:36 am I have once - possibily twice -- used productions as a way of making a lot of pig food to run a big pig operation but other than that ... no. It's not farming.
I feel like productions had a huge amount of hype was built into because of global company in 19. A lot of console players (specifically younger ones) watched YouTubers go crazy on 19 but now likely now realize how fake and role played so much of what those guys do is. It’s not that glamorous and I sure wish they’d push farm products harder in the next game.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

UncleRico wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 5:13 am
blue_painted wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:36 am I have once - possibily twice -- used productions as a way of making a lot of pig food to run a big pig operation but other than that ... no. It's not farming.
I feel like productions had a huge amount of hype was built into because of global company in 19. A lot of console players (specifically younger ones) watched YouTubers go crazy on 19 but now likely now realize how fake and role played so much of what those guys do is. It’s not that glamorous and I sure wish they’d push farm products harder in the next game.
I think you are right -- I didn't bother with Global Company either.

Maybe if the Youtubers and so on went made for soil mechanics, accurate physics, realistic market economics ... above all, a farming game where the challenge changes from year to year FS25/27 would be better?
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Bobbi-79

Post by Bobbi-79 »

On the contrary, I use production all the time. In FS19, I played on maps where I could place an Alien Jim or ErShaba factory pack, now I have a dozen factories from modhub with better performance/cheaper or smaller to build. BUT I know that you have to be moderate! You can get really disappointed with the workload of factories if there are too many of them, especially if their performance is out of balance with the rest of the game...
mydixiewrecked:
You can try drying corn using this:
https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2022
Almost like on Alma🙂
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

UncleRico wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 5:06 am
Pretty sure you just click on the outgoing products and change the status but I guess it could be a mod that does it.
It's not a mod.

For example the grain mill, you can click on wheat, barley, oat and sorghum to activate/deactivate. But then you can click on "Flour" and change between Storing (so you can collect the pallets to sell when the price is best)
Selling (sells every hour at an average price) or Distribute (if you have a bakery it will be transferred to there)
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
Candyman35

Post by Candyman35 »

JensChrDK wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 11:08 am
UncleRico wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 5:06 am
It's not a mod.

For example the grain mill, you can click on wheat, barley, oat and sorghum to activate/deactivate. But then you can click on "Flour" and change between Storing (so you can collect the pallets to sell when the price is best)
Selling (sells every hour at an average price) or Distribute (if you have a bakery it will be transferred to there)
Will hafta look more closer then ty.
FSarndrone

Post by FSarndrone »

Yes, I do bother with productions in fact One of my longest saves (in fs22) is productions with farming and field flipping on the side.
I love multiplayer :mrgreen: and John Deere :coolnew:
dogwalker1

Post by dogwalker1 »

Depends on the map I'm playing and the playstyle I'm adopting for that map, really.
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

So, I try to learn every aspect of the game and just recently started using productions. My biggest problem is the lack of financial information. When I turned on production facilities I was loosing money like crazy. productions were burning through more cash then they were producing and I couldn't tell who was the offending business because all the finances are lumpted together. I want a balance sheet for each business so I can find out who is wasting my cash. I did discover the biogas plant was an absolute money pit.
FS22 on PC, FS14, FS16, FS20 on iPhone Not a gamer. Most gamer jargon goes over my head.
Started playing for the education about farming.

Amateur (noob) Farmer 5 mostly forested acres
Tractor: Kubota M4900 (54HP), w/ Loader bucket and forks
Attachments: log splitter, Chipper/shredder, finish mower, scrape blade, rock rake, double moldboard plow, rototiller, Garden Bedder
Kamiko

Post by Kamiko »

Helazak wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:50 am I did discover the biogas plant was an absolute money pit.
Was it? I didn't bother to deal with it so wouldn't know... :hmm:
Ravenport - 152 hours (platinum trophy)
Bajeczna - 17 hours
CiaFromTheAlps

Post by CiaFromTheAlps »

Yes bother to productions, but in certain limits. With the mechanics game uses, FS turns into Forklift / Pallet Simulator (TM) really fast. The products should be stored inside the factory as a very high number, not spawn instantly outside.. in the rain (imagine flour and moisture..). And when player comes to fetch: goto wrench and then amount of pallets 0 - 75 instantly spawn, or something.

I like the idea though.. why I'm growing something. Now in Zielonka I have vegetables: Parsnips F74, F78, Redbeet F87 and Carrots F89. They feed two "can factory" almost 7/365. One is for carrots, the other for parsnips. Redbeets half and half. Not tested fully, but the production capasity seems not divided so they produce 100% each, not 50% (in my case). Then I have F15 with sugarbeets and factory for sugar. Out of breath already ? There is more..

All farms need some grain, F52 F52 and F86 growing Wheat, which turns to flour and bread. Mill and Bakery are next to each other for easier transport. - If set to distribute, does the mill take the flour everywhere or only my own bakery? I don't want to use preplaced bakery if there is one.

One is missing: Potatoes, then I have all roots in production. Chips need oil, so we need sunflowers and oil factory. Then potato factory and all spawning pallets, haha! It is interesting to see how close I'm the "PS has no limits" -limits (too many pallets, please sell some).

I have forklifts dedicated to factories (sugar, flour and bread, then vegetables and depending of placing, two more for oil and chips. Every day starting with some forklifting session. The production idea is fun and feed some roleplay, but even in this small(?) scale production (to have all roots map/save) the amount of pallets and forklifting is exponential. Not surprised if it's not everyones pallet.
Bobbi-79

Post by Bobbi-79 »

If you have a product set to "distribute", it will be sent to each of YOUR factories using that product. It will not be sent to factories you do not own. But beware: distribution costs money! Sometimes even a lot of money...
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

Bobbi-79 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:28 am If you have a product set to "distribute", it will be sent to each of YOUR factories using that product. It will not be sent to factories you do not own. But beware: distribution costs money! Sometimes even a lot of money...
I was wondering about this. The production facility identifies a production cost but not a distribution cost. This may be where I lost a lot of cash.
How did you discover this?
FS22 on PC, FS14, FS16, FS20 on iPhone Not a gamer. Most gamer jargon goes over my head.
Started playing for the education about farming.

Amateur (noob) Farmer 5 mostly forested acres
Tractor: Kubota M4900 (54HP), w/ Loader bucket and forks
Attachments: log splitter, Chipper/shredder, finish mower, scrape blade, rock rake, double moldboard plow, rototiller, Garden Bedder