American Falls

KFedor1907

Re: American Falls

Post by KFedor1907 »

According to Lancyboi's facebook page, the update for all platforms was submitted today.
snekko

Post by snekko »

am I the only one who cannot mow the grass along the edges of the streets and the gardens near the houses. Actually, I can mow, but I can't get grass withrow, and the grass is no longer growing after mowing and only a bare surface remains.

When I paint with meadow, I can normaly mow the grass and get my withrow. But as I like to do the roadside mowing as roadwork to make some money by selling bales, I dont want to repaint the whole map.
DanL58

Post by DanL58 »

snekko wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:18 pm am I the only one who cannot mow the grass along the edges of the streets and the gardens near the houses. Actually, I can mow, but I can't get grass withrow, and the grass is no longer growing after mowing and only a bare surface remains.

When I paint with meadow, I can normaly mow the grass and get my withrow. But as I like to do the roadside mowing as roadwork to make some money by selling bales, I dont want to repaint the whole map.
That's a different kind of grass which is decorative only. On your crop growth map select grass and it will show all the grass that can be harvested.
snekko

Post by snekko »

is there an easy way to change it in the giants editor? I know you can change objects for differend objects (like trees for differend trees), but can this also done for grass?
Farmer-Giles

Post by Farmer-Giles »

Contracts don't work on pc steam version on 2 separate occasions I borrowed items for a harvest contract just to find harvester was there but nothing else.
DanL58

Post by DanL58 »

Farmer-Giles wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:41 am Contracts don't work on pc steam version on 2 separate occasions I borrowed items for a harvest contract just to find harvester was there but nothing else.
The contracts are working, the problem is the spawn area is too small at the shop. This is being fixed in the next update. In the meantime use Store Deliveries mod to spawn the contract equipment to a different area with more room.
CaptainMack28

Post by CaptainMack28 »

Paladonius wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:54 am I was lucky enough to grab this map before it was taken down and so glad I did. Is it without it's flaws ? - no BUT it is still a great map.
There are some things that I think "why did he do that ?" Like switching from straw to corn stalks after harvesting corn but I'm sure there was a plan, and if enough people "suggested" this could change in a patch or update. Some fences were put in strange places preventing fields from getting joined together but other than those 2 things, think it's great fro what I've played so far.
I'm doing a Start From Scratch with this map. It's on my YouTube channel. I love the map. There are a few glitches but nothing that will break the play through. The issue with contracts where you borrow equipment is caused by not having room at the spawn for all the equipment. The spawn area is very small. Not a problem if you play with it as a known issue. My biggest problem is that the sleep trigger stopped working. I just advance through the night at high speed via a mod so again, not a problem. Would I like to see all these things fixed? Sure but the mod is great and not broken. I hope it is picked up by someone, with lanceyboi's permission, and worked on to get these minor items addressed.
DanL58

Post by DanL58 »

CaptainMack28 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:14 pm
Paladonius wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:54 am I was lucky enough to grab this map before it was taken down and so glad I did. Is it without it's flaws ? - no BUT it is still a great map.
There are some things that I think "why did he do that ?" Like switching from straw to corn stalks after harvesting corn but I'm sure there was a plan, and if enough people "suggested" this could change in a patch or update. Some fences were put in strange places preventing fields from getting joined together but other than those 2 things, think it's great fro what I've played so far.
I'm doing a Start From Scratch with this map. It's on my YouTube channel. I love the map. There are a few glitches but nothing that will break the play through. The issue with contracts where you borrow equipment is caused by not having room at the spawn for all the equipment. The spawn area is very small. Not a problem if you play with it as a known issue. My biggest problem is that the sleep trigger stopped working. I just advance through the night at high speed via a mod so again, not a problem. Would I like to see all these things fixed? Sure but the mod is great and not broken. I hope it is picked up by someone, with lanceyboi's permission, and worked on to get these minor items addressed.
An update for these and other issues has been with Giants testing for a week. Watch Lancyboi's Facebook for latest changelog.
ClubPetey

Post by ClubPetey »

I love this map, but it is not compatible with the Premium Expansion.

Installing PE as the only mod on American Falls will show Red Beets only, and the starting field state will be messed up. After a save/reload the log will show endless LUA errors. Even removing the mod will not fix the map.

Supposedly this is because the number of fruit-types exceeds 63. when you add the PE, or there is too many height types...
Face wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:05 pm yes some maps need to be updated by the modder to allow more fruittypes. on most of the maps the max number of fruittypes is 63.

In the past that was not a big issue because most of the mod combinations only created less then 63 fruittypes. but with the activated premium expansion we introduced 3 more fruittypes and now some mod combinations are not working anymore because they exceed the limit of the map (63).

But that can be easily fixed by the modder. They just have to update the fruit densitymap num channels. Also the heighttypes could be an issue with some mod combinations. but also for this issue the mapper can simply fix the denityHeight map setup by increasing the bits
Not a map-builder, but if someone know how to fix the map, that would be great!
Toe Mater69

Unusable buildings

Post by Toe Mater69 »

Does anyone know if you’re able to sell/ get rid of the unusable barn with silo farmland 25 right across from the shop? It takes up so much room and isn’t even usable and I just want to get rid of it!