Added realism for vehicles

900hasse

Re: Added realism for vehicles

Post by 900hasse »

900hasse wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:50 pm
KCHARRO wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:47 pm Hello guys....

Regarding grip, slip, etc ...

I made changes here:(Applies to all tire types from Dural's MR)

WheelsUtil.tireTypes[TireTypeMUD].frictionCoeffs[ROAD] = 1.0; ----> 0.94
WheelsUtil.tireTypes[TireTypeMUD].frictionCoeffs[HARD_TERRAIN] = 0.8; ---->0.88
WheelsUtil.tireTypes[TireTypeMUD].frictionCoeffs[SOFT_TERRAIN] = 0.7; ---->0.80
WheelsUtil.tireTypes[TireTypeMUD].frictionCoeffs[FIELD] = 0.7; ----> 0.70 -- No Changes

WheelsUtil.tireTypes[TireTypeOFFROAD].frictionCoeffs[ROAD] = ----> 0.98;
WheelsUtil.tireTypes[TireTypeOFFROAD].frictionCoeffs[HARD_TERRAIN] = ----> 0.88;
WheelsUtil.tireTypes[TireTypeOFFROAD].frictionCoeffs[SOFT_TERRAIN] = ----> 0.78;
WheelsUtil.tireTypes[TireTypeOFFROAD].frictionCoeffs[FIELD] = ----> 0.68;

WheelsUtil.tireTypes[TireTypeSTREET].frictionCoeffs[ROAD] = 1.03;
WheelsUtil.tireTypes[TireTypeSTREET].frictionCoeffs[HARD_TERRAIN] = 0.84;
WheelsUtil.tireTypes[TireTypeSTREET].frictionCoeffs[SOFT_TERRAIN] = 0.72;
WheelsUtil.tireTypes[TireTypeSTREET].frictionCoeffs[FIELD] = 0.62;

WheelsUtil.tireTypes[TireTypeCRAWLER].frictionCoeffs[ROAD] = 1.10;
WheelsUtil.tireTypes[TireTypeCRAWLER].frictionCoeffs[HARD_TERRAIN] = 0.91;
WheelsUtil.tireTypes[TireTypeCRAWLER].frictionCoeffs[SOFT_TERRAIN] = 0.88;
WheelsUtil.tireTypes[TireTypeCRAWLER].frictionCoeffs[FIELD] = 0.82;

In:
WheelsUtil.tireTypes[TireTypeMUD].frictionCoeffsWet (all originals) no changes...

I changed the friction coefficient values ​​for each type of wheel for the value that the FS17_MoreRealistic brings, which have their slight differences and it works much better for me.

I have also noticed that most of the problems with other MODS are due to bad configuration or too little wheel radius(like A8800MR) and center of mass not well distributed ... (xml things)

The problem of the Axion 900TT is very unstable in the field, it sways, jumps and becomes uncontrollable, it has a very high center of mass, my temporary solution was to limit the height of the center of mass to REA:

Original:
local MinCenterY = 0.05 + WheelHeight;
local MaxCenterY = 0.3 + WheelHeight;
local NewCenterY = cy;

Limited:
local MinCenterY = 0.025 + WheelHeight;
local MaxCenterY = 0.050 + WheelHeight;
local NewCenterY = cy;

It works for me even though I only play with all the official tractors and equipment. Especially CLAAS (my favorites) this also greatly reduces the roll of the Holmer Terra Dos T4-40.

Regarding tractors with 3D Tracks (I have not tested them) only the Axion 900TT (this does not give friction problems) can be the way in which REA interprets this type of CRAWLERS, maybe you define this type of wheels in the Lua with specific settings for them.

I even have REA, Seasons, RealMud (originally not compatible with Seasons,i set mud enabled at Seasons wetness=0.12+), Ralistic Yield and Weights, TSX, Courseplay, Autodrive and VCA, after making a lot of changes to some I have them all working together.

It's so much better with all of them together.

@900Hasse:

Keep up your excellent work, one of which keeps me still playing FS19.

Suggestion: Add friction settings for Snow. and try to make REA get along with 3D Tracks

Greetings....
Thanks for your feedback!

Translating directly from MR is probably not completely correct as "frictionScale" is set in the XML.
REA ignorera the XML value and creates a new based on width and radius.

I'm working on particles and tiretracks at the moment and sorting out the what happens with the Case Quad.

//900hasse
Typical values for center of gravity on a tractor according to several sites i found:
"https://extension.psu.edu/tractor-stabi ... nstability" is one example.
25cm above rear axle.
60cm in front of rear axle.

REA maximum allowed values:
30cm above wheel axle(REA can't know if it is rear or front axle)
50cm from wheel axle(same here, REA can't know if it is front or rear axle)
(Result of center of mass calculation can be seen in the console or log file.)

There is one other critical point effecting the bouncing effect and this is the suspension settings,
I tested some time ago and what i remember they do not act the same, this is two similar vehicles but completely different setting:
HOLMER TERRA DOS T4-40: 26341 KG initialCompression="20" suspTravel="0.35" spring="70" damper="20"
ROPA TIGER 6-XL: 30600 KG initialCompression="40" suspTravel="0.35" spring="34" damper="40"

Just som thoughts...

I'm working on some balancing of wheel friciton.
The aim is to have ground wetness effect friction more and wheel sink less.

//900hasse
REA22 mod
https://github.com/900hasse
//Hans Nordberg
shakma

Post by shakma »

First off, this is awesome! But I have a little feature request. For added realism I use Hud Toggle to get rid of all the HUD stuff and just drive my tractor. Somehow those two little icons on the bottom right (traction and the other icon I don't know, because I can't read anything about it anywhere in the mod's text) still show up when the HUD is off. Could you fix that, perhaps? Thanks in advance!
900hasse

Post by 900hasse »

shakma wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:34 pm First off, this is awesome! But I have a little feature request. For added realism I use Hud Toggle to get rid of all the HUD stuff and just drive my tractor. Somehow those two little icons on the bottom right (traction and the other icon I don't know, because I can't read anything about it anywhere in the mod's text) still show up when the HUD is off. Could you fix that, perhaps? Thanks in advance!
Hello!
Will be fixed in next release.
//900Hasse
REA22 mod
//Hans Nordberg
Stianby

Post by Stianby »

Hello!

first of all, i love this mod! Brings a lot to the game i feel.
But there is a problem.
Using the Axion 900 series tractor from the Claas DLC.
The freont wheels spin way too much, and the tractor digs down with the front end.
From what i can see, the mod calculates the wheelsize wrong as opposed to other tractors. It's the only machine I have this problem with.

Cheers!
Stian By
tomy858

Post by tomy858 »

Hi 900Hasse,
very nice update, i really enjoy to play with rea.
do you plan to do something with the pickup cars in the future as they are almost impossible to drive? especially if you have attached something they just slide

thank you for your amazing work!
tomy858
kwadrat530

Post by kwadrat530 »

Hi, thanks for the 1.4 update, really cool
Help with Quadtrac: I changed the "centerOfMass" values in lines 35-38 in XML from -1.11 to 0 and the tractor won't slide by itself on the ground
Attachments
Original_quadtrac.xml
Original XML from ModHub's Quadtrac
(65.33 KiB) Downloaded 93 times
Modifed_quadtrac.xml
Modifed XML
(80.97 KiB) Downloaded 104 times
900hasse

Post by 900hasse »

kwadrat530 wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:37 pm Hi, thanks for the 1.4 update, really cool
Help with Quadtrac: I changed the "centerOfMass" values in lines 35-38 in XML from -1.11 to 0 and the tractor won't slide by itself on the ground
Hello and thanks!
Noticed when i looked at it that compared with other vehicles it had one compnent for each wheel but did not noticed the centre of mass was of
//900hasse
REA22 mod
//Hans Nordberg
KCHARRO

Post by KCHARRO »

@kwadrat530:

Thanks, I've had headaches for days with that, but I hadn't noticed the value of the center of mass ...

@900hasse:

Keep working hard, the changes are noticeable for the better, once again thanks for this good mod ...
Medzid972

Post by Medzid972 »

Hello everyone, I have something to share...

Added Realism for Vehicel has a big lag. For example with the new mower Aebi from Alipne dlc, the mower jumps arround like crazy making it impossible to use both mods... Same thing happens with some trailed disc harrows! They are just jumping in place as soon as you move them. As soon as I remove the REA(realism) mod everything works fine, wich makes me sad cause it's a really good mod... :/
templer013

Post by templer013 »

Hey guys,

@900hasse thanks for that great mod!

I got the latest version of REA and running into the issue where my tedder Pöttinger HIT 12.14 T keeps tipping forwards when using it. On a somewhat uneven field, i cannot exceed 14Km/h in most places or it will tip forward. I will attach a screenshot. Is there any solution for that?

https://image.giants-software.com/index ... codes=true

TY, BR
Last edited by templer013 on Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
900hasse

Post by 900hasse »

Medzid972 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:05 am Hello everyone, I have something to share...

Added Realism for Vehicel has a big lag. For example with the new mower Aebi from Alipne dlc, the mower jumps arround like crazy making it impossible to use both mods... Same thing happens with some trailed disc harrows! They are just jumping in place as soon as you move them. As soon as I remove the REA(realism) mod everything works fine, wich makes me sad cause it's a really good mod... :/
Yes, noticed this as well.
I think i have a solution but can't confirm it.
//900hasse
REA22 mod
//Hans Nordberg
Medzid972

Post by Medzid972 »

Hope it would be an easy fix for you because the mod is more than great, first of how much realistic it makes the gameplay and second because of the awful engine "stock" sound (made by the game), this mod improves that too! The rpm are constant and don't fluctuate, the vehicles drives at a constant sound (not like going 25kmh in neutral without any "pulling" sounds).
Wish the best of luck for fixing that little issue!

Regards!
900hasse

Post by 900hasse »

Medzid972 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:02 am Hope it would be an easy fix for you because the mod is more than great, first of how much realistic it makes the gameplay and second because of the awful engine "stock" sound (made by the game), this mod improves that too! The rpm are constant and don't fluctuate, the vehicles drives at a constant sound (not like going 25kmh in neutral without any "pulling" sounds).
Wish the best of luck for fixing that little issue!

Regards!
Can you specify one vehicle giving you problems, it's easier to see the differance.

The thing with the sound is that the Gearratio is changed instead of the RPM, like a CVT Gearbox.
This gives a boring sound and no feeling of the engine struggeling in my opinion.

//900hasse
REA22 mod
//Hans Nordberg
KCHARRO

Post by KCHARRO »

Could you make it all work with AI?

When the helpers work they do not leave tracks (although this is a giants thing, I made it work with RealMud, but not with REA) when the wheels sink or skid.

Cheers...
Medzid972

Post by Medzid972 »

900hasse wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:46 pm
Can you specify one vehicle giving you problems, it's easier to see the differance.

The thing with the sound is that the Gearratio is changed instead of the RPM, like a CVT Gearbox.
This gives a boring sound and no feeling of the engine struggeling in my opinion.

//900hasse
[/quote]

Of course, for example the Ferguson TE20 pack with the REA mod is always "jumping" arround,
the new Aebi "push mower" from Alpine DLC!
And I noticed, time to time, not always the disc harrow "AgroMasz BTC50H"...

So far these were the mods I tried to use with the REA enabled but they bounce side to side, up down hmmm

And it's funny with the mower, when I put the "RapidEuro" mower with almost the same wheel size and size in general with the Aebi from DLC, he works fine...

Here is a qucik video https://youtu.be/bftHvKYmdfE