Hyper-slow growth, 0 fun, dead game

Cyrus1952

Re: Hyper-slow growth, 0 fun, dead game

Post by Cyrus1952 »

I like the new system. If gives you time to do other things, rather it be animals, production chains, etc. On FS19, before you could turn around, the fields were ready to be harvested again and again, which got to be kind of monotonous. With the much improved sleep cycle, you can fast forward a day, check everything, do what you need and immediately fast forward again if you want to. So it works for all players, ones that want to work more realistically or ones that want to move fast because of the, did I say MUCH IMPROVED sleep cycle.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Cyrus1952 wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:09 pm I like the new system. If gives you time to do other things, rather it be animals, production chains, etc. On FS19, before you could turn around, the fields were ready to be harvested again and again, which got to be kind of monotonous. With the much improved sleep cycle, you can fast forward a day, check everything, do what you need and immediately fast forward again if you want to. So it works for all players, ones that want to work more realistically or ones that want to move fast because of the, did I say MUCH IMPROVED sleep cycle.
I never did understand why FS19 wouldn't let you "sleep" whenever you wanted to. In fact, I'd rather it wasn't called "sleep" but more accurately "Finish the day"
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
BVBDortmundGirl

Post by BVBDortmundGirl »

i payed 85 euro for THIS???? on speed 120 after 3 hours real time still not fully grown crops???? common devs, change that please, no fun at all this game anymore, i really regrett buying it now,,,, and now have time for something else???? who wants that, i want my own fields grow and make money, not doing contracts all day long of others earning little money, biggest wast of money for me in 2021,,,, please reduce that waiting like it was before... this game is indeed dead now... good job giants software......
Cyrus1952

Post by Cyrus1952 »

Once again, that is what the new sleep mode is for. You get the options of up to 360 x's hourly speed, or going to sleep mode and going immediately to the next day. So, you can play slow or fast, depending you what you want to do. Each day, check crops, if nothing, go to sleep mode. By the way, there are other things to do beside just harvesting crops. The person that said they sped up game for 3 hours and no new crops, wow, really! If that impatient, you do need to try another game.
Iconia Star

Post by Iconia Star »

Cyrus1952 wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:41 pm Once again, that is what the new sleep mode is for. You get the options of up to 360 x's hourly speed, or going to sleep mode and going immediately to the next day. So, you can play slow or fast, depending you what you want to do. Each day, check crops, if nothing, go to sleep mode. By the way, there are other things to do beside just harvesting crops. The person that said they sped up game for 3 hours and no new crops, wow, really! If that impatient, you do need to try another game.
Isn't that what we've been saying for a couple of weeks now? We don't want to play a game where we're always going to sleep. We want to play a game where we're working all the time. There should be something to do ALL the time. Even if we don't do every task immediately, that option should be there.

We also don't want it to be instantaneous. We want to WORK on our "farms." That's why we bought the game in the first place.

Yes, there are things to do other than harvesting crops. I can cultivate, fertilize, plant, fertilize again all in the space of about 20 minutes (real time). The stuff that you're talking about. Without cheating, you're still going to have to wait forever to get the game-currency to pay for things to do.

I don't know where you're getting the idea that 3 hours is a sign of impatience either. So let's try an experiment... Play ANY other single player game but don't do anything for 3 hours. Just have your character stand still for the entire time. But you're not allowed to leave the computer or console. You have to sit there watching your character standing still for the entire 3 hours. Perhaps then, you'll understand what impatience is!
FarmerDan72

Post by FarmerDan72 »

BVBDortmundGirl wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:39 pm i payed 85 euro for THIS???? on speed 120 after 3 hours real time still not fully grown crops????
That doesn't make sense. 3 hours at 120x would be 15 game days, and that's if you never sleep. I assume you're using 3 day seasons wanting the crops ready as soon as possible, so that's more than a year. If you didn't get crops, you might've done something wrong.
PS4
Aholz89

Post by Aholz89 »

I find this thread very amusing. I have read your responses and somewhat agree that there should be an "easy and urealistic" option for those who want to go straight from seeding to harvesting the same day.

I don't have time to play as much as I used to, so I play with 12 day years. I have just been working the starter farm on Elm creek and have been testing new features while working own fields or contracts.

I really don't get the level of frustration though. Are you waiting on some sort of response from GIANTS or just want to rant out? Yes I could have ignored the thread, but the title was a bit "Clickbait".

But yeah, you have stated your opinions several times. Now what?
Came here for information, stayed for the entertainment.
chale8

Post by chale8 »

For me this is one of those things will get easier later on in the game. Starting out there’s not a lot to do because I’ve not earned enough to get going with livestock yet and I only have three small fields. I’m doing what I can on my own farm, picking up what contracts I fancy doing and then going to sleep. It’ll get better later on when I have more land so the harvest can be spread to more days and I can afford to get some animals.

The new sleep mode is a massive improvement, I often found on FS19 that I’d done all I needed to do that day but had an hour or so before I could sleep. It’s also much easier setting the time you want to wake up instead of how long you want to sleep for. I’m still hoping that a faster growth option becomes a thing in a future patch but I’m working around it.
StoneTheCrows

Post by StoneTheCrows »

Iconia Star wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:49 am
Isn't that what we've been saying for a couple of weeks now? We don't want to play a game where we're always going to sleep. We want to play a game where we're working all the time. There should be something to do ALL the time. Even if we don't do every task immediately, that option should be there.
It strikes me that you haven't actually tried playing FS22. Sure, you load up the game - but then you try and play FS19.

It's no wonder the game doesn't work for you. If you stopped being so obstinate for a moment and attempted to adapt and develop how you approach play, you might stand more of a chance of finding ways of enjoying yourself.

I think you are wrong in believing a sandbox-style game has to cater to all play styles. Even a real sandbox must have rules - and doubly so when it is a game. We come to a new game with certain preferences, yes; but then we learn the rules, change and adapt, until we find a way of playing that brings us pleasure.

Your play style cannot precede the game. Play style develops out of a certain set of rules. If we still cannot find a way of enjoying ourselves, we move on.

I agree it would have been handy to be able to go directly to a certain date in the calendar. But that option is not there. FS22 is not an updated FS19. It's an entirely new game. One of its key principles is an annual growth cycle. The other is the modelling of the field to plate production chain. I'll warrant the majority of players who are currently enjoying the game have had to change their Play style.

Sympathy begins to wear a bit thin. Is it time to 'put up or shut up'? That's my question for you.
Iconia Star

Post by Iconia Star »

StoneTheCrows wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:30 pm
It strikes me that you haven't actually tried playing FS22. Sure, you load up the game - but then you try and play FS19.

It's no wonder the game doesn't work for you. If you stopped being so obstinate for a moment and attempted to adapt and develop how you approach play, you might stand more of a chance of finding ways of enjoying yourself.

I think you are wrong in believing a sandbox-style game has to cater to all play styles. Even a real sandbox must have rules - and doubly so when it is a game. We come to a new game with certain preferences, yes; but then we learn the rules, change and adapt, until we find a way of playing that brings us pleasure.

Your play style cannot precede the game. Play style develops out of a certain set of rules. If we still cannot find a way of enjoying ourselves, we move on.

I agree it would have been handy to be able to go directly to a certain date in the calendar. But that option is not there. FS22 is not an updated FS19. It's an entirely new game. One of its key principles is an annual growth cycle. The other is the modelling of the field to plate production chain. I'll warrant the majority of players who are currently enjoying the game have had to change their Play style.

Sympathy begins to wear a bit thin. Is it time to 'put up or shut up'? That's my question for you.
That's because you're choosing not to listen.

I'm not being "obstinate", I'm stating an opinion. That's all.

All games have different styles of play depending on the individual players. No one is playing them correctly or incorrectly.

I have to be honest, I don't know how you differentiate a "real sandbox" from a "game" or why it's doubly important to play in a specific style when it's a game.

There are no "rules" in Farming Simulator. You do whatever you want. I'm not being forced to grow sugar cane or participate in the forestry aspect of the game. I never received an instruction that I MUST produce grapes. I was never informed that I HAVE to buy any of the production chains.

Nope. I play the game the way I want to play it, not the way you or anyone else wants me to.

I tried the production chains, by the way. Almost made my farm bankrupt because I jumped too far into it and couldn't produce enough resources to run them. Then I changed and only opened specific ones that seemed related so that I could supply crops to one and it would supply the others that I owned. The same problem, by the way. Couldn't produce the crops fast enough for the demand (I had only three. Sawmill, Tailor and Clothes.)

I turned a field into a windfarm so that I wouldn't run out of money. Spent an hour running up and down rows of grapes. I had all of the animals worked out with five fields dedicated to their food and straw. set up greenhouses.

How am I not playing the game correctly or TRYING to adapt?

As for your last "question." Time to "put up or shut up." What am I supposed to "put up"? How will you know when I've done so. What kind of question is that?

Admit it. You just want me to shut up. You don't want to hear any one disagreeing with you or your precious Giants.

EVERYONE is allowed to have an opinion even if they don't all agree with each other. I'm not going to shut up just because YOU don't want to hear MY opinions.

If you don't agree with me, that's fine. Go play your game and have fun. Just show the same respect for me and those who don't enjoy being forced to relearn a franchise that they've grown used to.
StoneTheCrows

Post by StoneTheCrows »

Iconia Star wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:01 pm
Nope. I play the game the way I want to play it, not the way you or anyone else wants me to.
Let me put it this way. You are playing the game in a way that you find boring and unsatisfying, and which leaves you feeling unhappy and angry. It's your choice to play it that way.

You could change your mindset and begin looking for the things you find positive about the game, and start building a new play style to fit the new game.

Or, if that's impossible you could move on to your next game.

You paid Giants and they supplied you with their game. That's the whole deal. You didn't get on with the game and it's fair enough for you to critique the aspects you didn't like.

Anyone who has played video games has experienced this. But it's not a bad game just because you didn't like it, and the people at Giants aren't all idiots because they didn't design it how you wanted.

I think that's about it.
Iconia Star

Post by Iconia Star »

StoneTheCrows wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:35 am
Let me put it this way. You are playing the game in a way that you find boring and unsatisfying, and which leaves you feeling unhappy and angry. It's your choice to play it that way.

You could change your mindset and begin looking for the things you find positive about the game, and start building a new play style to fit the new game.

Or, if that's impossible you could move on to your next game.

You paid Giants and they supplied you with their game. That's the whole deal. You didn't get on with the game and it's fair enough for you to critique the aspects you didn't like.

Anyone who has played video games has experienced this. But it's not a bad game just because you didn't like it, and the people at Giants aren't all idiots because they didn't design it how you wanted.

I think that's about it.
I never said it was a bad game. I couldn't think any form of media is bad if a lot of people enjoy it. Whether it's books, movies or video games. I've also never once said that the people who work at Giants are idiots. Please don't put words into my mouth.

I don't think it's a particularly good game for those who want to play casually, or don't have time to take in every single aspect, but that's still a matter of choice which FS22 doesn't allow for.

I enjoyed FS19 as I said earlier. I found it to be relaxing. I could take my mind off of the things that bothered me. It got me started on simulator games which I never thought I'd ever play. Especially Farming Simulator. The only thing I knew about running a farm before picking that game up was that crops get rotated and grass is planted every few years to replenish the soil. I still don't know the difference between a planter and a seeder. :lol:

I don't enjoy FS22 because I can't find anything positive about not being able to do anything. Or because I end up having to skip so much time. I don't want to skip time. I want to be able to work from 6am to 7pm the way a farm SHOULD operate. I just can't find anything interesting to occupy that time.

I've played a lot of games that I didn't think I would enjoy. Some I actually didn't enjoy and some I found to be more fun than I expected. But I always try to take in every part of those games. To understand what it is about games that I find pleasurable. For example, this evening I finished the game "The Last of Us" (I never got a chance to buy a PS3 because I had to take care of my mother for 8 years when she got sick.)

I didn't think it was my kind of game. I still don't think it's my kind of game, but I completed it anyway. While there were parts of that game that I didn't enjoy, I did have fun with the story. So much so that I immediately started "The Last of Us part 2." I haven't gotten very far with it yet. I'll keep going.

It was the same thing with FS19 by the way. I thought, at first that it was the most boring game I'd ever played. But after a few weeks, I realised that I was still playing. Not just trying to get to ten million for the trophy. Actually building four separate farms for the story that I spoke of in a previous post.

I can't get into FS22. I turned the game off on the 9th of this month and I've not played it since. I don't like that. I've never played a game where I couldn't be bothered getting to 100% before (normally the only time I don't get 100% it's because of some online aspect.) Will I go back for the last trophies? I don't know, I'll see how I feel later.

But for the first time ever... I don't care if I don't.

But I do care that I don't care if you know what I mean.
Happy-Farmer!

Post by Happy-Farmer! »

If you wish to play fs22 more like fs19, I think you can turn seasons off, so you can go back to seeding one day and harvesting the next day. I personally am really enjoying this game with seasons built into the game and have 100+ hours, maybe the first couple of years in game can be challenging but once you learn how to play the game and plan ahead for the less productive months, but even then there are always contracts to keep you busy.
nsp32

Post by nsp32 »

I would rather have the option to have like a fast growth as in 19,so I can seed and harvest in a day.But having said that,I’m now adapting the way I play and since the update I’ve started a new save and have built my own farm on Elengrat(instead of just messing around pre update),1 day a month and I’m on month 3 with plenty to keep myself busy.So I think fast growth would be a good option,but in the other hand just adapt the way you work.Seems to working for me at the moment.
RedJester

Post by RedJester »

Happy-Farmer! wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:16 am If you wish to play fs22 more like fs19, I think you can turn seasons off, so you can go back to seeding one day and harvesting the next day. I personally am really enjoying this game with seasons built into the game and have 100+ hours, maybe the first couple of years in game can be challenging but once you learn how to play the game and plan ahead for the less productive months, but even then there are always contracts to keep you busy.
Doesn't quite work that way. Even with seasons "off" the base crop growth rate is rooted in the seasonal crop cycle. You have to "sleep" through all the seasonal changes to get to harvest. With seasons off and days per month set to 1 you still have to sleep about 6-9 "days" for most crops. Previously in FS19 you could plant then get up and go use the bathroom or go get a drink or do a contract and your field could be at the next stage for fertilizer or harvest depending on what you had your crop growth at when you got back. Now it requires you to be tied to your farm house to hit the sleep trigger.
All the "Seasons OFF" setting does is take away the seasonal requirements or restrictions for planting and crop type.