FS19 speculation

Preble 818

Re: FS19 speculation

Post by Preble 818 »

I'm good with both. I mentioned in a post earlier on in fs17 that I wanted oats for the next crop with horses to use them with some I'm taking credit for it in fs19. Idc if the dog is useless. If he comes when I call and follows me around he's going to be my best virtual friend.
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

Guil wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:27 pm Lot's of things are still changing and even last week some users pointed out no coming soon under NH harvesters which later changed. Lets just see what comes of it before jumping to conclusions and someone takes a guess as fact.
I totally agree. We wont really know until we are playing the game.
19 days!!
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

Preble 818 wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:02 am I'm good with both. I mentioned in a post earlier on in fs17 that I wanted oats for the next crop with horses to use them with some I'm taking credit for it in fs19. Idc if the dog is useless. If he comes when I call and follows me around he's going to be my best virtual friend.
I have been using oats in my games for ages..nothing new to the game, but yes a new crop for some.

I certainly hope there is an option not to have the dog, but so far FS19 has nothing that really gets me wanting to pull away from 17.
the big print giveth the small print taketh
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

I like having a dog, by the way it looks, we get to play fetch with it, i watched a video and there was a dog and a ball by his food bowl. I don't care if he don't do anything, i can play fetch.
SoldierTurnedFarmer

Post by SoldierTurnedFarmer »

BreadedVirus wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:12 am
Preble 818 wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:02 am I'm good with both. I mentioned in a post earlier on in fs17 that I wanted oats for the next crop with horses to use them with some I'm taking credit for it in fs19. Idc if the dog is useless. If he comes when I call and follows me around he's going to be my best virtual friend.
I have been using oats in my games for ages..nothing new to the game, but yes a new crop for some.

I certainly hope there is an option not to have the dog, but so far FS19 has nothing that really gets me wanting to pull away from 17.
Not seeing a lot to pull me away either.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

I'm not especially interested in a dog, but riding around on a horse looks like a great way to explore maps at a nice steady pace. I've no idea how much I'll actually keep horses in save, but they're something nice and different and another variation to the game.

The dog would have had more potential if they could ride in vehicles, as they would have felt much more immersive as a proper companion. That would probably take a good bit of effort to work well though. Still I'm sure some plenty of people will like them.
Faelandaea

Post by Faelandaea »

SoldierTurnedFarmer wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:00 am
BreadedVirus wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:12 am

Not seeing a lot to pull me away either.
The same thing will pull us in that has been since FS ages past ... mods. With every new version of the game it seems like we get cooler and cooler mods. After seeing what great minds like GTX, Astropolis Modding, and some others did with 17 ... I am bloody well excited to see what they can accomplish with 19.

Dogs? Meh. But modders ... they will bring me a cat ... I know they will ...

Oats and Cotton have been in the game for ages. Nothing new there for anyone. Even console had access to oats and cotton on any mod map that had it.

BUT ... I won't knock Giants either. With every game version, they up the bar for modders and their creativity. But in some cases, they smack down the crappy mods by giving us something cool to replace those as well. Example: The ONLY cotton harvester that anyone ever attempted to mod was that crappy JD POS (bloody thing looks like an ugly tick about to burst from being gorged on too much blood). Ugliest machine ever. The ONLY thing that kept me from doing cotton harvesting on mod maps was due to that alone. I refused to use such an eyesore, low quality, poor excuse for a mod. But now ... we're getting Case IH cotton harvesters. And they will be good game quality, too! So now I can FINALLY start to actually get into cotton.

That right there is the balance. Folks who use mods will look at the base game and go "meh" ... while others who refuse to use mods and ONLY play the base game (I like to call these people masochists) will go "WOW!" ... Either way, between the base game and the developers at Giants, and the wonderful modding community that we have, there will most likely be plenty of reasons to go to 19. I know a lot of folks who said "meh" about 17 ... and ended up going to 17 anyway just for the mods alone.
Faelandaea Dravin
Acknowledged as THE friendliest individual on the internet throughout all of gaming history.
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

console had access to oats and cotton? I Don't Think So..
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

Nope. Never happened.
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
AgPro Farms

Post by AgPro Farms »

Since this is a "specualtion" topic, I'll throw in my thoughts/ theories about the dog. I didn't really feel it was worth a new post, but I thought it would fit here. I've been wondering for a few weeks now, if in fact you could call the dog and it come to you, is it possible Giants is testing the waters of being able to maybe bring a more simple form of "follow me" to the base game? For example, as simple a form as being able to call a helper with a grain cart across the field while you're running the combine in order to dump without completely stopping and swapping vehicles allowing the player the option of either running the combine or chasing it. Again, just a theory; this is probably a little far fetched but could it be? :hmm:
AgPro Farms
PS4 User
Mississippi, USA
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

For the dog, i'm pretty sure he will helps finding "gold nuggets" or whatever there will be in FS19.
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Faelandaea wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:22 pm Even console had access to oats and cotton on any mod map that had it.
Nope
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Jade Finch

Post by Jade Finch »

The stage could be set for 19's 'gold edition' type expansion to be set in India (with rice as the new crop?) since they have a licence for Mahindra equipment. They've only revealed Mahindra's Retriever as a pre-order bonus but this is a big brand in its locale so there's a lot of potential for expansion of their ingame machine roster.
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

I’d rather they wait to introduce rice when we have dynamic ground because of the irrigation required to keep rice watered every rice farm in seen in the us along with the one I’ve worked on used levees to water the Fields so seeing a rice field just a flat as a wheat field would throw me for a major loop
Sandhill

Post by Sandhill »

Miketeg wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:08 pm For the dog, i'm pretty sure he will helps finding "gold nuggets" or whatever there will be in FS19.
It'll take some training, I'd expect, but just associate reward with the smell of gold and the dog will be invaluable with nuggets. But will he still flush quail?