The Modern Classic DLC from the Mod Contest is now available for PC and Mac

Dorset_FS_UK

Re: The Modern Classic DLC from the Mod Contest is now available for PC and Mac

Post by Dorset_FS_UK »

Dogface wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 1:39 pm The DLC looks GREAT!

CONGRATULATIONS to a modder making it to the big time!
And thank you to Giants for recognizing modders and supporting their work with contests and projects like this one.
Well Said.
Top work Mattxjs.
Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Post by Lisertan »

this_is_gav wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 4:40 pm I'm sure Lisertan will respond here himself, but he posted this on Giants' Discord a short time ago.
Lisertan wrote:From what I understand, there are several reasons and we are not sure if we can sort them all out. Like some of the brands do not want the DLC to be on console... that's a major blocker right there. if we can't sort this out, we can't make it happen.
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
jbordelon

Post by jbordelon »

I'm not too interested in the pack anyway, since I'm more into newer farming stuff, but I'm still offended that its not on console. :-P
Farmerfox2001

Post by Farmerfox2001 »

Sometimes I think giants don't care about console players I haven't played the game in ages I have been waiting for the dlc I am very disappointed
Princeguardian

Post by Princeguardian »

Wow. Im with rhoda. Thought that because this was an official dlc it was coming to console no problems. What a bummer!
Bungle

Post by Bungle »

Mattharv wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 3:36 pm what a let down pc only if I knew that I wouldnt of voted
Think this may be the bone in the console players throat. Had we known.......... maybe we would have not voted. I know I wouldn’t have!!
Playing on XBone in Somerset, UK - Typically spending more time on the forum than actually playing the game.
garyst

Post by garyst »

Very disappointing really wanted that case ih. Wish they would of at least released a couple mods today before the bank holiday to lessen the let down.
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

Farmerfox2001 wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 5:57 pm Sometimes I think giants don't care about console players I haven't played the game in ages I have been waiting for the dlc I am very disappointed
I disagree They got us Seasons the Horsch pack the Fendt 1050 and a lot more mods.FREE. Plus they always communicate with us. It might not be the answer you want but its better than silence. You think they would legitimately not want consoles to get this and lose their cut of the pie?
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
Maze313

Post by Maze313 »

Very disappointed it’s not on consoles
Playing on PS5 and PC
Princeguardian

Post by Princeguardian »

Yeah i wouldnt go all conspiracy against consoles. Giants has been very good to us. They are really pushing the mod envelope. Would say though that communication on this dlc was not there though. But look at how transparent they have been on other things. Bummer? Yep. End of the world? Nope. Its just one of those things
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

You have 5 kids in the kitchen waiting on the cookies you are baking, Peter, Nicole, Bobby, Billy and Cindy. You get done making 6 cookies. So you Give 2 cookies to Peter, you allso give 2 cookies to Nicole and you give your last 2 cookies to Bobby. So Billy and Cindy don't get any cookies, Billy and Cindy are very upset and complain that they didn't get any cookies. So Peter, Nicole and Bobby tell Billy and Cindy to stop complaining because you can't allway have cookies even though Peter, Nicole and Bobby allways gets the cookies. So to the pc people now you know why console players complain because we don't allway get the cookies. So remember That when you receive all and I say ALL MODS that come out and console players don't. So don't say quit complaning obout it. Until PC people start to not get all mods that come out don't say anything about console players being ungratefull. Untill you know what it's like to NOT get all mods, Don't get me wrong i support all modders that make mods if it is only for PC. But i see where console players are coming from since i'm one myself. So great job on the Modern Classics DLC Mattxjs. and have yourself a great day
Princeguardian

Post by Princeguardian »

Idk lefe i like the analogy but i think consoles might be more than 2/5 of the market, more like 1/2. So same analogy only its 6 kids in kitchen and only 3 got the cookies.
markare

Post by markare »

The thing is though it isn't an official giants dlc. It's a Modders dlc. Not only is it not available on console it also isn't available on steam. It's basically a 3rd party download, yes giants are releasing it on their own shop but they have to recoup the costs to competition winners some how. That's why it isn't available on steam. Steam take a percentage from sales to make money. Giants sell it on their own shop all money goes to them ( business sense). Also as Lis mentioned, some of the brands didn't want their stock ( classic versions) to appear on console, that falls under the licencing issue with Sony and Microsoft and the terms of said deals giants have with dealers and manufacturers. This whole console users have been neglected / treated wrong / forgotten about, and any other excuse or complaint that is being thrown around is nonsense. I myself am a console user as you can see in my sig. This is what makes people constantly belittle console players and tell them to get a pc if they want X Y and Z mod. Let's go back a few years with console games. Remember the days when a game was released, if there was a problem with the game you where stuck with it. No such things as patches for console, certainly not DLC options let alone mods. What I guess I'm trying to say here is be thankful for what you DO get and don't focus too much on what we don't get. Like it was said, other pc only mods/dlc found their way to console. I'm sure giants will be trying all they can to allow this dlc to eventually appear on console aswell.
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

Lisertan wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 4:44 pm
this_is_gav wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 4:40 pm I'm sure Lisertan will respond here himself, but he posted this on Giants' Discord a short time ago.
Lisertan wrote:From what I understand, there are several reasons and we are not sure if we can sort them all out. Like some of the brands do not want the DLC to be on console... that's a major blocker right there. if we can't sort this out, we can't make it happen.
Take those brands out and give us a lite version? Im sure people would still buy it.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
Turbojugend

Post by Turbojugend »

I'm still perfectly fine with FS17 as-is, but I think this would be easier to take if the expectation was set from the beginning that console players would/may not be receiving this DLC.
heyimbill.com