Current State of Console Play

MrSquealypig

Re: Current State of Console Play

Post by MrSquealypig »

With mods coming out every day I never get bored.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Although I'm not currently playing on console, I did in the past for 15 and 17. I will be playing the next version on console as long as it's built for the next gen (Xbox or PS, I'm not picky). So I hope you don't yell at me for posting in your thread.
Since I played so much on console, I got used to acquiring only what I needed to stay within the limits of the console hardware. I have played the same way on PC for 19.
Like another poster mentioned, for 19, I too have had trouble finding "My Map". 15 and 17 I played mostly the base maps, and have so many hours it's crazy.
I know a lot of people don't like Giants maps, but I loved Westbridge and Gold Crest.
I'm playing only occasionally now, waiting for the next rev.
ChattyMattyMods

Post by ChattyMattyMods »

PS4 Player from PA, yes still playing but getting boring with the same old maps, I have mentioned on this forum else where "WHERE IS" Stone Valley or Sandy Bay?? they were talked about months ago but nothing for PS4, I am tired of all the Slurry mods and 4 meter planters. PS4 needs some new maps, nice sized ones, not the little polish maps, that you can buy the whole map in an hour of playing.

I own my own business which has been closed for 3 months, it just opened but we might as well close because there isn't any business coming in. With that said, playing FS19 on PS4 is as boring. Giants needs to get us new maps that work. Don't mean to be negitive just wanting something new for consoles.
JeffFarmer1029

Post by JeffFarmer1029 »

chedly_farms wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:31 pm Disclaimer: This is meant to be a discussion for console players. So I ask kindly for PC players to refrain from posting. But If you must, please be kind and rewind.

So here we are fellow Console Players, a couple months into "quarantine, Isolation, whatever you want to call it", How are you fairing with the game? Are you getting pretty bored with it? Are you going strong? Are you impatiently waiting for mods?

Me personally, a couple weeks ago, I got pretty excited again and started a new save on Meadowgrove, but it only lasted a week or so. It scratched the itch I had to use small machinery. So, I'm back to Osina. I'm impatiently waiting for the 40 series to pass, and looking forward to Sandy Bay or Stone Valley. I'm actually a little bummed about Sandy Bay. Are we pushing 2 months now since the PC release of it? It is what it is I suppose. Oxy does a good job, so I'll just wait some more. But overall, the game is getting really stale. The Kvernland DLC isn't groundbreaking that I know of. I mean there is nothing really awe-inspiring in it is there? How you fellow console players holding up. Any tips to keep it fresh?
The game was growing stale for me as my Campaign of France game got over 90 hours but have bounced around a couple of Oxy's maps with Marwell and just recently with the Oakfield update. I downloaded Slovenian Countryside and it was my first go with Starting from Scratch so that was a totally different way for me to start playing and the map is crazy hilly in the Southern farm and there is no way you can fit anything over 4m between a lot of stuff so that adds something unique to the map. I forced myself to use equipment I wouldn't use on any other game save like the Conor https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019
I still enjoy glancing at the testing list to see what's coming and patiently waiting until around 10 am my time to see what mods drop for the day even if it isn't something I will use. That is one of the cool parts of this game and community, the game is constantly "improving" with something that isn't a part of the "vanilla game."
Really waiting on Stone Valley and the 40 series to drop because of pure nostalgia taking me back to my Grandpa's farm growing up here in the Midwest.
I think I remember that you don't play seasons...if I may ask a dumb question, ahem, Have you stuck with a full year of Seasons on 19? The animals alone are so in-depth that it makes me appreciate the waiting on crops to grow. I do have a non-Seasons save also that I play on when I am in the mood to do something different.
The game is still going strong for me and I haven't even really gotten into the forestry side of it either.
This game made me convert to PC
GIANTS and Modders, what a game you have teamed up to create! Thank you!
Wannabe farmer with 1 acre in the city
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

I guess I can't say I don't play at all. I have a Marwell save started but it only has 10 hours on in the past two weeks. Typically after an hour its like "I could be playing another game".
I was waiting for other maps but have given up on that. Either giants is being too uptight and needs to relax a bit, or a modder is trying to do to much and needs to come down a level and tell themselves "its okay, the map is fine with out this".

Just seems like some moders have put themselves up on a pedestal and thing giants has yo approve their mod their way or no way.
Personally I got tired of the mods. Bad/broken mods getting passed, useless or very limited usefulness mods getting rated high stars just because it is what it is. I generally only get a mod if it adds something to the game (like seasons and straw harvest), or fills in a game in base game equipment (like Fella double mower and NH C6.90 combine). That all said I've into that mod abyss of having more than I ever use or need, but the list is still quit low.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
BoxTunnel

Post by BoxTunnel »

Meh, a Chedly post to which I am not invited. Sad face.
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

I was nearing 1000 hours on FS 19 with 4 saves having 100+ hours on them I slowly started playing less and less as my storage space neared 100%.i was running 2 sometimes 3 maps at a time have since moved to just 2 and am trying to reduce my mods (95%) lol. I've played more lately since two friends got it when it was free on PS+ and both bought the season pass.teaching them how to play has help reignite my desire to play everyday.im waiting for stone valley to start up a large MP map with them.im patient as I know the modders are doing their best to bring mods and maps to consoles and am very appreciative of all the work they all do for us to be able to get as many mods as we do.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
Crashmac

Post by Crashmac »

We have more high quality maps and mods than I can possibly use, which is great and helps keep things fresh. The biggest issue for me is still the poor AI (worker) performance. I went back and played some Fs13 and Fs15 on my 360 a few day ago and I don`t see much if any improvements since then in terms of workers. For me the biggest thing that would improve the console experience would be some major improvements to the workers. Maybe some kind of gameplay dlc?
dapals51

Post by dapals51 »

Overall I am very happy where it is for consoles. Could there be more, yes but it has improved over 17. The mods that are scheduled to come out are really exciting. The maps and equipment that are rumored and have been said to come out are the things I've been wanting. However as time passes I start to worry that it's getting too late as each day we are closer to the next FS game to be released and hope these don't get scraped
XBOX one player
Farmer in the midwest USA

MOD HUB OR DIE!!
Florish

Post by Florish »

What i really hate on consoles id that when starting a new map, everything has to be bought new again. What i mean is that i like the equipment and tractors to be showing wear and tear, but it takes way to many hours on them to let it be shown.....

Currently started again on gemeinde rade, put all tractors i want to use and a reacher , a truck and some equipment in one place, started al vehicles , put some trailers and for example a balepress behind some, turned on also and let it sit with gametime on 1 , tv turned of and not touching my ps4 all day and night (with autosave on)

This way they all have 20 hours on it after it and show the wear and tear, also missing only 1 day of seasons spring and THEN i start playing....
Digital farmer from the Netherlands
- FS17/19 on PS4
- FS22 on PS5
eric21

Post by eric21 »

20 hours? Mine show after 5
eric21

Post by eric21 »

dapals51 wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:14 am Overall I am very happy where it is for consoles. Could there be more, yes but it has improved over 17. The mods that are scheduled to come out are really exciting. The maps and equipment that are rumored and have been said to come out are the things I've been wanting. However as time passes I start to worry that it's getting too late as each day we are closer to the next FS game to be released and hope these don't get scraped
By the time next year we will still have mods, dont panic
Florish

Post by Florish »

eric21 wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:46 pm 20 hours? Mine show after 5
For sure not the case 1455 ans some other mods, same for equipment, some show after few, some much and much later. I believe standard ingame vehicles also have slow show
Digital farmer from the Netherlands
- FS17/19 on PS4
- FS22 on PS5
dapals51

Post by dapals51 »

eric21 wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:47 pm
dapals51 wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:14 am Overall I am very happy where it is for consoles. Could there be more, yes but it has improved over 17. The mods that are scheduled to come out are really exciting. The maps and equipment that are rumored and have been said to come out are the things I've been wanting. However as time passes I start to worry that it's getting too late as each day we are closer to the next FS game to be released and hope these don't get scraped
By the time next year we will still have mods, dont panic
Not panicked haha, but it is a real possibility.
XBOX one player
Farmer in the midwest USA

MOD HUB OR DIE!!
Jefferson613

Post by Jefferson613 »

I have 141 hours on no man's land. The last 10 or so have been getting cows up and running. I find starting from farm manager and making the map in my image. Not being able to get rid of rocks really *censored*. I don't want to chop down the rock sign cause it feels like cheating too much