Come on then, who else has pre ordered!

Luftkopf

Re: Come on then, who else has pre ordered!

Post by Luftkopf »

The only advantage to Steam for me is the Steam Chat system, as my brother will often message me using it, but that works just fine on my phone.

Call me old (school), but I kind of like to control my own updates.

Straight from Giants it is. Thank you gentlemen.
DanSkye

Post by DanSkye »

Pre-ordered and book the entire week off work , i dont usually take time off , and there heavily hinting i should book some off so .....
dimi

Post by dimi »

I have never pre-ordered a game, and i'm not planning on starting now. i bought fs15/17/19 like six months to a year from their release. I don't really like playing the vanilla game, so i am waiting for some nice maps and mods ( although i guess depending on how giants implements the seasons feature i might be persuaded to buy it a bit earlier.)
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

I've not yet pre-ordered. I was getting more into FS22's graphics with each screenshot release until the last set of screenshots released the same day as the CGI trailer, the style of which regressed badly.

I'm going to wait much later to see some gameplay and future screenshots before deciding whether to purchase.

DEERE317 wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:43 am Auto updates
Can use same game key on multiple machines
Steam Link
Cloud saves your savegames.
You can use the same key on multiple PCs with the GIANTS direct download too (and maybe the DVD?), however like Steam you can obviously only use one at a time and I believe you're limited to the number of activations you can make in a year. That's not a limit I've reached with any of the games yet though.

I had FS2015 and FS17 and the DLCs activated on two PCs, my main one and my secondary one in another room when I wanted to be more sociable.

And I too prefer to control updates for the game, just in case an update breaks something.

Being honest I think the only Steam feature I'd use for FS would be to check how long I'd played for in total, which you can't do with the direct download version.
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

Im pretty sure you can disable the auto updates on Steam.

I will preorder in Q4, probably a couple weeks before release. I just dont see the point in buying it 5 months in advance, its not like you get anything extra for buying it that early. Then. like 19, I will give the new game a little playtime for a week or so to get a feel for it but then most likely go back to 19 until the good mods come out. I couldnt bear 19 without Seasons so it got shelved until about a week before that got released.
Playing on PC and PS4
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Drmattymd wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:48 pm Im pretty sure you can disable the auto updates on Steam.
You used to be able to do so, and revert to previous versions too, but by the looks of it now you can only choose update priorities (so game x updates before other games).
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

I've preordered a handful of games over the years, including FS17 and FS19. However, I will NOT be pre-ordering FS22 until I see more of the game as it gets closer to release, and even then, it is iffy. I've been a part of their beta/experiment twice now, and I don't particularly care to do it again. I'm a bit tired of this marketing scheme of releasing a new game every 2-3 years. GIANTS aren't the only ones to do this. In my opinion, it keeps a game from reaching its full potential. Especially one with as much User-Created content as this series. Of course, there's still my agreement with my friend JayC that we've got to complete our Bucks County save first, and I plan on maintaining that agreement.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far"- Theodore Roosevelt
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel
Riven326

Post by Riven326 »

It looks identical to FS19. I'll be waiting for reviews and gameplay before I decide to buy it. Pre-ordering games is a thing of the past for me.
Shintai

Post by Shintai »

Preordered today on steam :)
JDamon777

Post by JDamon777 »

DEERE317 wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:43 am
iwan073 wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:40 am
Luftkopf wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:38 am I'm just trying to decide whether I pre-order on Steam, or straight from Giants.
What’s the advantage of buying it on Steam?

Think I’d buy it from GIANTS
Auto updates
Can use same game key on multiple machines
Steam Link
Cloud saves your savegames.
Also, Steam Sales...! I bought FS19 from Giants and never bought a DLC because I didn't want to give full price for them (as I have seen it Giants don't have sales on there site) but I got FS17 off Steam and I ended up buying all the DLC's once they went on sale
MagicBoy

Post by MagicBoy »

I need a USB beacon in my life, so I'll be grabbing the collectors for the LOLz.
FarmerLee73

Post by FarmerLee73 »

Drmattymd wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:48 pm Then. like 19, I will give the new game a little playtime for a week or so to get a feel for it but then most likely go back to 19 until the good mods come out. I couldnt bear 19 without Seasons so it got shelved until about a week before that got released.
I think you have nailed it there. Even when 22 comes out I think 19 will have a fair few months left in it.
Colin_TJ

Post by Colin_TJ »

Pre -ordered . Playstation :)
PlayStation 5 FS22 :coolnew:
Game Tag: Colin_TJ :hi:
Dustmuz

Post by Dustmuz »

i wont be pre-ordering FS22.

mainly because i am extremely skeptic about the game engine and better GFX.
If the game haven't changed the game engine, i wont be moving to FS22.
But i will keep running my FS19 server with my friends, who wont be buying FS22 either.
duncan_101

Post by duncan_101 »

Not getting this one until its on a very good sale.

The jump from 17 to 19 wasn't enough for me so if 22 will be more of the same then no thanks. I can wait.
Happly farming in Fryslan.
On an Asus RoG laptop.