Hey Giants stop partying and talk to us

NorModding

Re: Hey Giants stop partying and talk to us

Post by NorModding »

ASOLANDRI wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:51 am
jankru wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:17 am Giants sits in switzerland.
I thought they were in Germany. :confusednew: Don't they speak german in Switzerland?
:lol: :lol:
BicentennialMan

Post by BicentennialMan »

if you want Giants to hurry up on fixin console then try Helpin them

post the error code
give them info on the map and what you was doin befor the game bugged
videos or screenshot

^ all that will help them speed up game patching
REDSTER-85

Post by REDSTER-85 »

tuttle wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:22 am A “work from home order” shouldn’t be too hard for devs.

Fordimus wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:20 am Yall got the game? Collector's Editions between Gamestop and Best Buy are just saying "We don't have the game" so therefore all of us who got that don't have the game. Seems like a failed launch
I’m waiting for the regular PC disc edition, and Gamestop say’s not til Nov 26.
Wal mart had PlayStation copies in friday, 3 days before release, both 4 and 5. Not sure about xbox. If I didn't have a pre order at Gamestop i would have tried buying instead of point out that they are early. I may still switch to wal mart and put money at Gamestop to something else.
Edit- wal mart day 1 copies i believe had the saddle pack, don't remember but there was something on the case.
Playing games because they are fun. Watching movies because they are entertaining.
Long live plug n play.
Peter Griffin

Post by Peter Griffin »

REDSTER-85 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:15 pm
tuttle wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:22 am A “work from home order” shouldn’t be too hard for devs.

Fordimus wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:20 am Yall got the game? Collector's Editions between Gamestop and Best Buy are just saying "We don't have the game" so therefore all of us who got that don't have the game. Seems like a failed launch
Wal mart had PlayStation copies in friday, 3 days before release, both 4 and 5. Not sure about xbox. If I didn't have a pre order at Gamestop i would have tried buying instead of point out that they are early. I may still switch to wal mart and put money at Gamestop to something else.

My gamestop order is delayed for xbox too. A discount would be nice from them tho. Guess it gives them time to sort some bugs out.
XBOX/ FS22
eric21

Post by eric21 »

GameStop is having a few issues ATM I believe
njuska11

Post by njuska11 »

FarmBoss wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:51 pm They've done their part. It's up to the modders from here on out.
:lol: :lol:

Jokes aside they need some time to fix it probably
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

I do know they will/are working on the next patch. So the more bugs we can report using the methods they have asked for the more that will get fixed.

Given how many things have changed with the game I'm actually surprised more bugs aren't in the game. As I keep finding new little additions they haven't even mentioned.

For example if you cut a tree in Spring/Summer/Autumn, and you leave it lying on the ground the leaves wither and fall off. It's only a small thing, but I love that little details like that have been added throughout the game.

If after 6 months we've still had no patches then feel free to go chuck some eggs at the GIANTS offices. :lol:
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
Fordimus

Post by Fordimus »

On a separate thread we got a response from Chaki, a community coordinator, he said:

Hey folks, we're in touch with our local distributors to get some info on this. Stay tuned.
Hoss1

Post by Hoss1 »

I too had a pre-order through my local GameStop store. They didn't have it and said they would look into it. Fortunately, I hadn't paid in full yet, so I'll let that $5 go towards store credit. I ended up purchasing the game from the Xbox store. As a side note, this was my first digital purchase and was impressed that it only took 15 minutes to download and install (over WiFi no less).
Playing on Xbox since FS15
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

BulletBill wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:51 pm I do know they will/are working on the next patch. So the more bugs we can report using the methods they have asked for the more that will get fixed.

Given how many things have changed with the game I'm actually surprised more bugs aren't in the game. As I keep finding new little additions they haven't even mentioned.

For example if you cut a tree in Spring/Summer/Autumn, and you leave it lying on the ground the leaves wither and fall off. It's only a small thing, but I love that little details like that have been added throughout the game.

If after 6 months we've still had no patches then feel free to go chuck some eggs at the GIANTS offices. :lol:
It's understandable that their are bugs and fixes need too be done, it's a little unfortunate that the communication on here from them at present is somewhat lacking.
tuttle

Post by tuttle »

I didn’t need to put any money down at Gamestop, but I went through them because of the exclusive truck.

I’ve heard Bestbuy is having problems getting hard copies, too.
NotoriousWeber

Post by NotoriousWeber »

BicentennialMan wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:31 am if you want Giants to hurry up on fixin console then try Helpin them

post the error code
videos or screenshot

Whaaaaaaaaat? You mean just going on every form of social media and chanting "GiAntS FiX Ur GAmE it'S sOoOoO BrOkEn giVe mE mY mONeY BaCK!!!" won't fix it????

Also, a good tip is to see if you can acutally reproduce what you're reporting. It may have been a one off bug, or maybe you just weren't understanding how to do something correctly. If you CAN reproduce it, note the steps you took to reproduce, including the area of the map and what equipment, if any, you were using.

New game releases are always buggy. Some of ya'll never played Madden or Call of Duty, 2 of the biggest game releases every year, and it SHOWS.
The facts, although interesting, are irrelevant.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

NotoriousWeber wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:23 pm
BicentennialMan wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:31 am if you want Giants to hurry up on fixin console then try Helpin them

post the error code
videos or screenshot

Whaaaaaaaaat? You mean just going on every form of social media and chanting "GiAntS FiX Ur GAmE it'S sOoOoO BrOkEn giVe mE mY mONeY BaCK!!!" won't fix it????

Also, a good tip is to see if you can acutally reproduce what you're reporting. It may have been a one off bug, or maybe you just weren't understanding how to do something correctly. If you CAN reproduce it, note the steps you took to reproduce, including the area of the map and what equipment, if any, you were using.

New game releases are always buggy. Some of ya'll never played Madden or Call of Duty, 2 of the biggest game releases every year, and it SHOWS.
Rep steps are pure debugging gold!
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Kater Karlo

Post by Kater Karlo »

cwattyeso wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:42 pm I wonder how Giants are being effected today by the decision in Germany by the Government that everyone has to work from home for the next month. I was talking to the German guy I play Farm Sim with and he was obviously very happy today that he effectively gets to play Farm Sim all day as he is forced to work from home for the next month in the countries anti-COVID measures. I can’t imagine everyone at Giants being forced to work from home is very helpful today with the Games release and the work they need to do to support that.
As a german who takes a sneak peak to the english forum, may I ask which region your friend is from? I live around cologne and didn't heard about those rules. It's not unusal that anti-covid measures differ from region to region in Germany :(
LS19: auf PC+PS4 mit bergisch Land + Untergriesbach
LS22: am PC auf Landersum mit Deutz 6230TTV und Fendt 722

log posten: viewtopic.php?f=827&t=88665
empato

Post by empato »

Kater Karlo wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:49 pm
cwattyeso wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:42 pm I wonder how Giants are being effected today by the decision in Germany by the Government that everyone has to work from home for the next month. I was talking to the German guy I play Farm Sim with and he was obviously very happy today that he effectively gets to play Farm Sim all day as he is forced to work from home for the next month in the countries anti-COVID measures. I can’t imagine everyone at Giants being forced to work from home is very helpful today with the Games release and the work they need to do to support that.
As a german who takes a sneak peak to the english forum, may I ask which region your friend is from? I live around cologne and didn't heard about those rules. It's not unusal that anti-covid measures differ from region to region in Germany :(
Well, you can simply google it. Here are more informations for example.

https://www.tagesschau.de/inland/innenp ... n-101.html