Can map creators stop adding power lines to maps

BulletBill

Re: Can map creators stop adding power lines to maps

Post by BulletBill »

Beanbrother wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:56 pm I have a question mr. Bullet bill is there a problem with having powerlines or other objects that are close to the road having no collision? With us console people now that have the ability to have someone drive a vehicle from a to B there are maps that they struggle with because the powerpoles have collision. An easy example of be a tractor with duels. I love being in the field having two combines going I am on the grain carts and there’s a guy in the super b waiting to be filled. But the struggle of the semi driver getting back to the yard or Sellpoint to dump becomes a headache
It all depends whether the map maker bothered to setup the masks to show the workers where they can drive and can't drive.

Most mappers haven't added any masks to there maps so the limited AI (which we were promised would be improved mid Fs22 and still waiting) has to work it out as best as it can.

More mappers need to be less concerned with rushing the maps out and more concerned with actually finishing them off.
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
falino

Post by falino »

What triggers me is when they are in the middle of a field and blocks the path for workers, like on Medvedin for instance, otherwise i don't mind them
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

BulletBill wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 1:57 pm
chedly_farms wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:36 pm You make maps? Assuming around the UK since you mentioned it. You should take a look at The West Coast from FS 17. It was pretty good.
No never made maps before... this is my first time.

Now now don't be bashful I've always been a big fan of your work, Meadowgrove was your finest map to date :mrgreen:
Oddbob

Post by Oddbob »

I like the power lines, I just wish that they were placed a little further from most roads, as in NA in particular and where I live in Southwestern Ontario, Canada, there is usually at least 5-10 feet from the side of the road before you see any power lines and never right beside the road.
Jimbob0704

Post by Jimbob0704 »

Oddbob wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:44 pm I like the power lines, I just wish that they were placed a little further from most roads, as in NA in particular and where I live in Southwestern Ontario, Canada, there is usually at least 5-10 feet from the side of the road before you see any power lines and never right beside the road.
It’s not like that in the UK though, which is why we keep driving into them
Owner of YouTube channel FS landscaping
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVa5pA ... kqx5eVXmxw
Oddbob

Post by Oddbob »

Jimbob0704 wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:56 pm
Oddbob wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:44 pm I like the power lines, I just wish that they were placed a little further from most roads, as in NA in particular and where I live in Southwestern Ontario, Canada, there is usually at least 5-10 feet from the side of the road before you see any power lines and never right beside the road.
I was only talking about the NA maps.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Jimbob0704 wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:56 pm
In think in the U.K they are especially placed to be right in the way whatever width of tramlines you are using :biggrin2: