rattlesnake valley

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Instigator

Re: rattlesnake valley

Post by Instigator »

I just found this on American Eagle Modding from last Friday from somethingonmyshoe

Re: Rattlesnake Valley fs13 and fs17 when out

« Reply #137 on: January 27, 2017, 09:25:30 AM »

hi there
I think I'm on the 4th upload to modhud (day 4 on testing on 4th upload) *facepalm*

as you can see (added new doors to map and some farm lights
eric21

Post by eric21 »

We know :)
mdoss

Post by mdoss »

Not to say anything negative about someone's hard work, but is the map so buggy that Giants has to keep sending it back for fixes?

And if so, aren't we thankful that Giants does that rather than let us have a map that is full of known bugs?

I'm ok with waiting a little longer to get a product with no known bugs, rather than rushing something new out loaded with bugs...
FS19 - PC version
FS17 - Xbox One version (occasionally on PC also)
Intel i7 2.8GHz, 16MB Ram, GeForce GTX 1050
Gamertag - "Dossmeister"
"Kindness is a language that the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain
FunFarmer

Post by FunFarmer »

Antosa wrote:Maybe Giants bought the map and will release it as a dlc? :mrgreen: *thumbsup* :wink3: :confusednew:
Please don't give them any ideas. They have a hard enough time releasing their own products. If it wasn't for the fact that I was rooting for the console folks to get a version of this map too I would have suggested it never pass through Giants hands at all.
Just a guy, playing the game of life, and this game.
"PC" player. Modded to the teeth.
FS15/17, Saitek 3 piece, and a crappy lappy.

:hi: :gamer:
wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

A couple things:

1. I wondered about the DLC thing as well.... We however do know that the map does have the grass glitch, to what extent we don't know, but perhaps Giants could be waiting to see how it performs on patch 1.4? I don't know.

2. To mdoss: The team that tested this map, Mappers Paradise, is very well respected and their work is top notch. They tested it in multiplayer and I think even a dedicated server for a week. If there were glaring bugs such as roads being cut off, triggers not working, etc etc they would have found them and fixed them. The author himself, somethingonmyshoe, has released a number of maps in previous FS versions. Look up Iron Horse Farm or American Outback, I think those were his two most recent ones. This guy knows exactly what he is doing and he is a master at map making. I'd say, that in my opinion, the top 3 mappers currently active in farming sim are (in no particular order) oxygendavid, BulletBill, and somethingonmyshoe. He is THAT good.

3. Another thing that I have noticed after watching the forum for months on this map. Somethingonmyshoe will not give you an update with every little thing that he has done or every response from Giants. Just because we don't hear from him, it means nothing. We just need to be thankful for the updates that he does provide. Some mappers choose to post every last detail in regards to testing, etc.

The bottom line now, is that Giants is the one holding up this map from being released. Whether there are glaring bugs or extremely minor ones, we don't know for sure. Based on the information that has been provided, we can assume these bugs are minor. I don't know what else we can do to convince Giants to just release the map as it is (whether we are on version 4 or 5 now).
wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

To follow up, there was a post in another thread about another map that is currently going through testing. Giants rejected the map, and then came out and said that the reason it failed the last test could have been because of an error in THEIR testing procedures. I don't know what else to say on that other than ... and I really hope that is not what is going on here as well.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

1.4 patch is coming out soon, i suspect thats why theres a hold up
mdoss

Post by mdoss »

I read through some old posts here, and one thing Somethingonmyshoe2 said was that there was some sort of grass glitch, and that that glitch would be fixed with the 1.4 patch...

So yeah, hopefully after the patch (next week), we may see this map. :)
FS19 - PC version
FS17 - Xbox One version (occasionally on PC also)
Intel i7 2.8GHz, 16MB Ram, GeForce GTX 1050
Gamertag - "Dossmeister"
"Kindness is a language that the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain
hawk671

Post by hawk671 »

just downloaded the map on starting it up it says you can steer and drive the train but drove around and couldnt find it..
aklein

Post by aklein »

In your options make sure tab to train is on. then hit tab till you get to a train. That's the quickest way I know to find them then in the PDA you can see were you are on the map.
hawk671

Post by hawk671 »

have tryed that but couldnt find it.
hun3

Rattle Snake Valley

Post by hun3 »

This was one of the anticipated map people were waiting for.

My first impression is that it is nicely done looks like a lot of hard work went into it. So thank you for the author!

Its a huge map which is great but I would like to see more details...with my opinion making a big map is risky if you dont add enough details will look like another vanilla (Goldcrest) map.

Curious what everyone thinks of it?

Link to downlaod:

http://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.ph ... tle=fs2017
PrincessJessi84

Re: Rattle Snake Valley

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

I like the looks of it.. to me it looks different than goldcrest.. that's the main thing I don't care for about pine cove by stevie.. it just looks like gcv with a new layout.. it is absolutely huge with the biggest fields being in the neighborhood of 60 acres.. my only complaints so far is the silo limitations.. its only 100000L with no storage for grass or anything like that but that is easily corrected with mods so no worries.. I'm gonna move from pine cove as I like the idea of having to grind from the beginning and on stevies map he pretty well has u set up from the start
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
aklein

Re: Rattle Snake Valley

Post by aklein »

I put this in another thread but will paste my initial impressions from this morning here also.. As I say below I didn't have long to look. Further exploration is definitely needed. I never played FS15. Never heard of this map before and have no idea what maps the map author or their 'group' have put out. But from what others have said I would have expected more from my first 20 minutes on the map. Maybe I just expected far more given the hype. The response I got in the other thread was 'its beta'. But like I said above I have no idea about the map author but am told this guy is top notch so I would have expected the issues I outline below to have been resolved.

I spent about 20 min running around the main farm yard. I'm sorry to report that I am less impressed than I hoped I would be. Maybe it was the over hype. There is grass into nearly every building. Grass coming out of your main farm's garage. There are roads that are not on the PDA. There appears to be a small farm for sale next door that is also the sell point for bales and loose hay/straw. Several houses in that area that have roads that do not appear on the PDA that was just green.

There are so many buildings on the main farm and they are all totally empty. Nothing in them. no random objects no tables, desks, no random tools or orderly tools within the buildings. There is some stuff around the yard. Mostly HVAC outside condenser units in crates. Not sure why a farm would have so many of those unless they where also doing a side job as a transport company but the buildings seem to clean. There is a seed factory within one building. I hope the map maker disabled the smoke from that one when its in use else that would be odd to have a factory within a large building that is not set up to exhaust the smoke outside the building. I think it might have been the liquid fertilizer factory the display was active even though nothing was in the factory. Not all the words on the display are English. For a map that is to be in Montana it should be fully English.

I got some kind of vis distance error in my logs. If I recall correctly it was expecting a value of 1 but instead it reported a null value it was saying.

there is a dry river bed by the farm. not sure if its supposed to be dry or not. the PDA does not show a river of any kind that i can tell in that area. Have not had a chance to explore beyond the immediate start point.

I do like the rocks in the area.

You own 1 field that has nothing planted and is cultivated.
aklein

Post by aklein »

must not be there then.