The Modern Classic DLC from the Mod Contest is now available for PC and Mac

Jballak9197

Re: The Modern Classic DLC from the Mod Contest is now available for PC and Mac

Post by Jballak9197 »

lefe1 wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 6:56 pm You have 5 kids in the kitchen waiting on the cookies you are baking, Peter, Nicole, Bobby, Billy and Cindy. You get done making 6 cookies. So you Give 2 cookies to Peter, you allso give 2 cookies to Nicole and you give your last 2 cookies to Bobby. So Billy and Cindy don't get any cookies, Billy and Cindy are very upset and complain that they didn't get any cookies. So Peter, Nicole and Bobby tell Billy and Cindy to stop complaining because you can't allway have cookies even though Peter, Nicole and Bobby allways gets the cookies. So to the pc people now you know why console players complain because we don't allway get the cookies. So remember That when you receive all and I say ALL MODS that come out and console players don't. So don't say quit complaning obout it. Until PC people start to not get all mods that come out don't say anything about console players being ungratefull. Untill you know what it's like to NOT get all mods, Don't get me wrong i support all modders that make mods if it is only for PC. But i see where console players are coming from since i'm one myself. So great job on the Modern Classics DLC Mattxjs. and have yourself a great day
I'm learning to bake my own cookies... Lol because I'm addicted to MF cookies... That's Massey Ferguson, not the "bad word".
Hebrews 6:7. Land that drinks in the rain often falling on it and that produces a crop useful to those for whom it is farmed receives the blessing of God.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Bungle wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 6:13 pm
Mattharv wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 3:36 pm what a let down pc only if I knew that I wouldnt of voted
Think this may be the bone in the console players throat. Had we known.......... maybe we would have not voted. I know I wouldn’t have!!
This sounds like it's aimed at the Mattxjs. Remember he has no control over this - it sounds like there a few issues, but I reiterate, the DLC doesn't have any non-standard scripts and in theory (with the usual compatibility caveats) would be fully compatible with consoles. I know he expected it to be on consoles as did Giants, but if it's not to be it's not to be.

Other than the fictional map proposals (where no real brands are necessary of course) any of the other proposals could and maybe would have these same issues with the same outcome. We'll only know if the Grimme pack has such issues when it is ready, but as it only features one brand it is less likely to fail on that regard.

It's a shame this thread has turned into another console complaining thread. We know one of several reasons why this has failed to appear on consoles. It's a shame it's not possible, and I'm sure Giants will have looked at or are looking into all possible ways to avoid this, but that's the way it is - they're not going to potentially damage their relationships with brands by going against their wishes or circumnavigate their agreements, and if Sony or Microsoft are involved they won't be going around those either (or you might find you wouldn't have FS19 to play on your consoles (and potentially have FS17 removed from your consoles!)).

Remember Giants will hope to make money on this DLC too, so it's not like they would have kept it from consoles for some silly, inconsequential reasons.
Omniplasma

Post by Omniplasma »

eric21 wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 12:23 pm
ltl.vamp wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 12:08 pm Tell them, we will pay on console for it, too.
Its more of a legal thing rather than a money thing
I can almost guarantee that the legal aspect of it is directly related to the money aspect. It almost always boils down to money.
Xbox One FS17 Player from the US. Gamertag: Omniplasma
Fellow farmers needed.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

this_is_gav wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 8:45 pm It's a shame this thread has turned into another console complaining thread.
There it is... I love when pc players complain about console players complaining, even though console players (peasants of course to the pc people) have a perfectly legit point.

Anyways, we as a community need a FULL, official explanation from Giants.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Guil

Post by Guil »

This thread is going to cause a lot of tension between users so please don't go reporting posts because it doesn't agree with your agenda.
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

Jballak9197 wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 8:42 pm
lefe1 wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 6:56 pm You have 5 kids in the kitchen waiting on the cookies you are baking, Peter, Nicole, Bobby, Billy and Cindy. You get done making 6 cookies. So you Give 2 cookies to Peter, you allso give 2 cookies to Nicole and you give your last 2 cookies to Bobby. So Billy and Cindy don't get any cookies, Billy and Cindy are very upset and complain that they didn't get any cookies. So Peter, Nicole and Bobby tell Billy and Cindy to stop complaining because you can't allway have cookies even though Peter, Nicole and Bobby allways gets the cookies. So to the pc people now you know why console players complain because we don't allway get the cookies. So remember That when you receive all and I say ALL MODS that come out and console players don't. So don't say quit complaning obout it. Until PC people start to not get all mods that come out don't say anything about console players being ungratefull. Untill you know what it's like to NOT get all mods, Don't get me wrong i support all modders that make mods if it is only for PC. But i see where console players are coming from since i'm one myself. So great job on the Modern Classics DLC Mattxjs. and have yourself a great day
I'm learning to bake my own cookies... Lol because I'm addicted to MF cookies... That's Massey Ferguson, not the "bad word".
LOL. This is the best post on this thread!! Are you sharing dem cookies with the ingrates?
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
Jballak9197

Post by Jballak9197 »

TacoFarmer wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 10:28 pm
LOL. This is the best post on this thread!! Are you sharing dem cookies with the ingrates?
I will, but as I self educate myself on 3D design and modelling... FS21 may be out before I get this down.
Hebrews 6:7. Land that drinks in the rain often falling on it and that produces a crop useful to those for whom it is farmed receives the blessing of God.
°PriNcO°

Post by °PriNcO° »

I bought this DLC today and i think the reflection on the JCB telehander it's a little much.. otherwise quite good DLC for the money...
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

Jballak9197 wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 10:31 pm
TacoFarmer wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 10:28 pm
I will, but as I self educate myself on 3D design and modelling... FS21 may be out before I get this down.
2020 Aint that far away!! Good luck.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.

TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

At E3 when they break the FS19 big news about
Kubota
Spudnik and
John Deere
Nobody will remember this day or this thread!!
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.

this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

redglasses wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 10:20 pm
this_is_gav wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 8:45 pm It's a shame this thread has turned into another console complaining thread.
There it is... I love when pc players complain about console players complaining, even though console players (peasants of course to the pc people) have a perfectly legit point.
I'm not saying you don't have a point, but instead of celebrating a fantastic DLC resulting from months of work, which this thread should be about, it is instead a bashing thread because console players don't get to use it (yet at any rate).

Yes it's a shame not everyone will have the opportunity to use it, and Mattxjs and Giants know that, but Giants can't just break the rules for it. Hopefully they'll find a solution, but it can't be easy otherwise this situation wouldn't have arisen at all.

Perhaps it would have been better if separate threads had been made so those that can use this DLC can share their gratitude to Mattxjs for the months of work he's put in, rather than wade through these muddy waters to find them.

Reading these sort of threads I bet Giants wish they'd never introduced third-party mods and DLCs for consoles. Sometimes it seems easy for console users to forgot that it wasn't long ago they were limited to Giants-only equipment, which is the bit that grates with me, rather than show any gratitude to Giants and modders breaking their back in an attempt to make them available to all.
ClassicTractors

Post by ClassicTractors »

This looks like a great DLC, however, there is one thing keeping me from buying it: sounds. I remember in a previous thread that Mattxjs said he needed to find people with the machines to get pictures for the 3D models. What confuses me is why he couldn't record sounds (now, I'm not trying to only point out negatives, the models are great and better than anything I can do). I do know that there are 2 machines with custom sounds (390T and the Fastrac). Now I can't speak for the JCB telehandler, but the Case Maxxum sounds just like the vanilla Case tractor, not a Cummins. How do I know that you might ask? I've driven a 5.9 Cummins before and they sound different than that. Again, I'm not just trying to point out negatives and knock his DLC, however I wish that the 5150, JCB telehandler, and New Holland Combines had different sounds. Aside from those three sounds, the DLC looks great.
CT Modding: Bringing the past to Farming Simulator....one machine at a time.

There's bound to be rough waters
And I know I'll take some falls
But with the good Lord as my captain
I can make it through them all

- Garth Brooks
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

Guys we should take a chill pill and say a word of thanks to giants (and modders) for what we have on consoles am I bummed we don’t have this dlc and possibly the grimme yet yes I think any new vehicles equipment etc. that can be added to the game is a benefit to it but if we can’t get it for legal copyright reasons then so be it the pack looks awesome I was looking forward to trying out the maxxum because I’ve driven them before in real life and wanted to see what mattjx did thanks for the effort man bummed but appreciative
diar1410

Post by diar1410 »

I thank Giants for everything that console players and what does not happen well to the platforms, there is a phrase that says '' I do not know what the two bosses can do because one goes wrong '' but they always have made the greatest effort to keep PC players and console players happy with all the limitations of the PS4 so thank you very much.
I speak Spanish, sorry for my English... PS5
diar1410

Post by diar1410 »

I thank Giants for everything he does for the console players, you can not look good on both platforms, there is a phrase that says '' You can not serve two bosses because some of them are going to look bad '' but yes they have always done their best to keep PC players and console players happy with all the limitations of the PS4 so thank you very much. Sorry for my english
I speak Spanish, sorry for my English... PS5