Back to FS17 for me

Husqvarna TS 352

Re: Back to FS17 for me

Post by Husqvarna TS 352 »

No it's because in FS maps are 2x2 km and there are 0.5x0.5 meter squares that have to store crop information. These take up a huge amount of space and so they have to limit it so that the maps are compatible for console and PC

Edit: Changed Spelling Errors
G'day
kintino

Post by kintino »

As much as I miss mods like Courseplay, follow me and some maps I can not get back to FS17, despite some bugs and a strange FPS drops I still play FS19. I just think Giants spent too much time doing unnecessary things. In my opinion dog in the game unnecessary, and never that I will stop digirir a tractor to ride a horse :confusednew: *thumbsdown* , beef cattle would be more interesting.
Tuurboclaw

Post by Tuurboclaw »

I love 17. I bought fs19 when they came out, but I think it is not as good as fs17. The graphics are surprisingly poor - at least one Xbox. For example, I was harvesting corn a month or so ago and the distance where it gets blurry (rendering - or whatever) showed the field as harvested. That’s pretty poor!

I think fs17 with the seasons and full set of mods is great. I am not sure I am ever going to get into 19 like 17. When 17 can out I never played 15 again. But this time I haven’t played 19 in over a month now.
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

FarmerJimbob wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:40 pm
norfolk farmer wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:33 pm I will have another go and see if I can get mine going, the last time I tried it still refused to recognise the pedals correctly.
I'm only using a PS4 controller, not sure if anything has changed regarding support for a wheel/pedals setup. Apologies if I have given false hope. The problem I was having with the controller was around multiple functions being assigned to the same button combinations, not recognition of the controller itself. Good luck anyway!
I plugged my T150 and T3PA Pro pedals set in and recognized straight away. Mind you i mainly use an Xbox controller for my game play and had no issue with either.
the big print giveth the small print taketh
Mancsguy

Post by Mancsguy »

My big issue with 19 at the moment is how fast everything wears out ,
Also things like the headers wearing slows down the speed of the harvester

The other thing is they need a way so you can drive your tractor to the repair shed with the trailer , seed sower etc attached and scroll through and repair everything instead of having to unattach each item in the area and repair it piece by piece

I played 17 a lot and hardly ever had to repair but in 19 i am constantly having to repair everything
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Repairing everything in 17 was automatically charged at midnight. Unless you had seasons running then everything was automatic except tractors.
jpm1

Post by jpm1 »

still FS19 here, will never go back to 17.. as i don't own it lol
Tuurboclaw

Post by Tuurboclaw »

thumbwiz wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:03 pm
Tuurboclaw wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:53 pm I love 17. I bought fs19 when they came out, but I think it is not as good as fs17. The graphics are surprisingly poor - at least one Xbox. For example, I was harvesting corn a month or so ago and the distance where it gets blurry (rendering - or whatever) showed the field as harvested. That’s pretty poor!

I think fs17 with the seasons and full set of mods is great. I am not sure I am ever going to get into 19 like 17. When 17 can out I never played 15 again. But this time I haven’t played 19 in over a month now.
Prepare to be flamed by people defending giants amazing efforts and also by pc players saying you should invest in a computer to play.
I have a computer. I just like playing on Xbox. I am sure that Giants will get 19 rolling smooth soon. They are great! I just think 17 is still pretty cool with seasons and stuff. Once 19 gets seasons I will probably switch over. I am just making a statement. People can argue if they want but what do we care? Not sure what you mean by getting flamed. I am just adding my two cents.
Knottypine

Post by Knottypine »

I'll probably never go back to 17. It's had its run, I enjoyed it for over 630 hours. Granted there are a few of mods I do miss from 17... mixing stations, a more robust Kotte pack, Bio-Diesel refinery, TankTech pack, Silo Display, AR complete edition, and Cherry Hills... to name a few.

That said, I'm sitting on 150 hours so far in 19 and enjoying it quite a bit. Running on Honey Dew Farms XL with about 80 mods currently.
Peter Griffin

Post by Peter Griffin »

Tuurboclaw wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:53 pm

Not sure what you mean by getting flamed.
Believe it means burned or roasted
XBOX/ FS22
Faelandaea

Post by Faelandaea »

My standing ... I could never go back to FS17. I can only take so much of any particular game before burning out. That said, i am VERY quickly burning out on 19 until some really cool mods come out. I host a dedicated server and even with that going I believe my time in FS19 will be very limited until we get Courseplay, Follow me, something comparable to Glance, and a few other scripts that make the game a lot more immersive and fun for me. I know GPS will never come to FS19, but I have also heard that someone out there is making something similar. I hope that one is just as spectacular as the original GPS mod, if not more.

We can get cool vehicles and equipment galore, but for me, maps and scripts like the ones I mentioned above truly make the game fun for me to play.

Before I close this post, I want to make it very clear that I appreciate Giants, and i appreciate FS as a series. Without it, we would NOT have the creative mod base we have. And to me, that is where these types of games truly show their strength. There are reasons some games are written the way that they are. I have always admired SCS (Truck Simulator), Giants (farming Simulator), SillAlive (Bus Simulator), Lockheed Martin (Prepar3D), and other similar developers for bringing VERY HIGHLY moddable platforms for us to use.

Sometimes it is easy for a player to forget that the great basis for a game of this type, while still giving a base game for simpler game-play, is to create a platform of creativity for content creators to get creative and explore their artistic abilities. Can we play all of the games I mentioned with no third party mods? Absolutely. I can, for sure. But I would so quickly burn out on any of them without a modding community and the awesome stuff they give us.

All of that said ... I eagerly look forward to awesome maps and content for FS19 from the third party community. But until that comes, yeah, I am afraid I am already kind of burned out on FS due to some things in the base game that irritate me or simply do not hold my interest. I definitely look forward to being eager to log into FS19 again, instead of coaxing myself to do it for the sake of my YouTube stream, which is basically what I am doing now.
Faelandaea Dravin
Acknowledged as THE friendliest individual on the internet throughout all of gaming history.
KWW92374

Post by KWW92374 »

I like fs19.I'm playing now till Giants solves the issues and modelers get mods made.Im not unhappy with fs19....just waiting and having a blast on the new version of Pacific inlet map...it's fun...take care all.
Henk D.

Post by Henk D. »

I can find me in the words from kww92374.
It was strange in the beginning but now its getting used.
I do contracting until the problems are over and i hope seasons comes quick.
I love Lossberg on ps4. *thumbsup* :hi: