Wow, Something you didn't know about farming Simulator 17

FordFarmer97

Re: Wow, Something you didn't know about farming Simulator 17

Post by FordFarmer97 »

Kamoore65536 wrote:
RODHA wrote:
ClassicTractors wrote: Agreed. I think the 450 sounds the best especially with that turbo winding up!!
+1 *thumbsup* My preference is also 450.
747 sounds more like a vacuum cleaner with a massive electric motor rather than an internal combustion engine.
Just doesn't give me the feel of an actual engine.
However, the power and it's capability of compacting silage in minutes is unprecedented.

As someone who has used the V series Detroit Diesel engines for over 50 years, the Big Bud 747 sounds exactly like a 16 v 92 engine. I have used the V series Detroits in everything from over the road semi tractors to Euclid 70 ton belly dump trucks.
I noticed in the post about it sounding like a vacuum, it's not an internal combustion engine. It's diesel, so its compression :lol: Just thought I'd point that out
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

FordFarmer97 wrote:
Kamoore65536 wrote:
RODHA wrote: +1 *thumbsup* My preference is also 450.
747 sounds more like a vacuum cleaner with a massive electric motor rather than an internal combustion engine.
Just doesn't give me the feel of an actual engine.
However, the power and it's capability of compacting silage in minutes is unprecedented.

As someone who has used the V series Detroit Diesel engines for over 50 years, the Big Bud 747 sounds exactly like a 16 v 92 engine. I have used the V series Detroits in everything from over the road semi tractors to Euclid 70 ton belly dump trucks.
I noticed in the post about it sounding like a vacuum, it's not an internal combustion engine. It's diesel, so its compression :lol: Just thought I'd point that out
Holy bat turns. You earned the broke my brain for the week award.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

^^ :lol: :lol: :lol:
#LimeGreenPower
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
ClassicTractors

Post by ClassicTractors »

Wouldn't it still be an internal combustion engine? One of the differences is that a diesel is compression ignition as opposed to spark ignition. They are still both internal combustion engines, just the method of fuel combustion is different.
Last edited by ClassicTractors on Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
CT Modding: Bringing the past to Farming Simulator....one machine at a time.

There's bound to be rough waters
And I know I'll take some falls
But with the good Lord as my captain
I can make it through them all

- Garth Brooks
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

I didn't think they were, but you may be right CT
#LimeGreenPower
Old Iron Best Iron.
ClassicTractors

The way I understand it it would be internal combustion since the combustion of the fuel happens in the cylinder.

- Garth Brooks
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

My dad says it's compression because it doesn't have spark plugs
#LimeGreenPower
Old Iron Best Iron.
Wisfarmer17

Post by Wisfarmer17 »

It is still an internal combustion engine. Diesel uses compression whereas a gas motor to spark to ingnite the fuel and that cause the motor to turn.

An internal combustion engine (ICE) is a heat engine where the combustion of a fuel occurs with an oxidizer (usually air) in a combustion chamber that is an integral part of the working fluid flow circuit.

The diesel internal combustion engine differs from the gasoline powered Otto cycle by using highly compressed hot air to ignite the fuel rather than using a spark plug (compression ignition rather than spark ignition). ... Combustion occurs at a substantially constant pressure during the initial part of the power stroke.
PS4. MIDWEST USA.
ClassicTractors

^^ That's what I was thinking, but I wasn't 100% sure.

- Garth Brooks
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Wisfarmer17 wrote:It is still an internal combustion engine. Diesel uses compression whereas a gas motor to spark to ingnite the fuel and that cause the motor to turn.

An internal combustion engine (ICE) is a heat engine where the combustion of a fuel occurs with an oxidizer (usually air) in a combustion chamber that is an integral part of the working fluid flow circuit.

The diesel internal combustion engine differs from the gasoline powered Otto cycle by using highly compressed hot air to ignite the fuel rather than using a spark plug (compression ignition rather than spark ignition). ... Combustion occurs at a substantially constant pressure during the initial part of the power stroke.
Yep yep yep, sounds right to me, say where you live is diesel cheaper then fuel?
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Wisfarmer17 wrote:It is still an internal combustion engine. Diesel uses compression whereas a gas motor to spark to ingnite the fuel and that cause the motor to turn.

I was just going to say that. Pretty much. This is a perfect and most correct technical explanation of it *thumbsup* :hi:
PS5 / FS22
FrodeS

Post by FrodeS »

redglasses wrote:Yep yep yep, sounds right to me, say where you live is diesel cheaper then fuel?
That's correct for many of us in Europe. In Norway we see that diesel is 18-20% cheaper than the lowest octane fuel (95 oct). :)
Guil

Post by Guil »

Also the same in Ireland.
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

In the UK we have red diesel. It’s the same as diesel for cars/vans/trucks but dyed red as it’s available with lower duty imposed on it, intended for agricultural and plant use. Certain factions of society have a tendency to use it in their road vehicles so the red dye helps to discourage this practise with roadside spot checks in force.
Guil

Post by Guil »

We have green diesel here. Tractors on the road or say the likes of a refrigerated trailer can use green diesel. I dont think there is any vat charged on it so ita much cheaper.