The sound.. Please Giants, give us some answers..

vondeylenfarms

Re: The sound.. Please Giants, give us some answers..

Post by vondeylenfarms »

Are they going to post massive updates for all the tractors?? Or did some get it automatically from 1.4?
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
Lindydanny

Post by Lindydanny »

Judging by mod hub a lot are.getting individual updates. But those are all mod hub vehicles, so...
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

The in-game equipment was fixed with 1.4. The mod equipment (made by Giants) needs to be updated individually.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

Thanks
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
TheSwede

Post by TheSwede »

Ok, I'm gonna post one more time about the sound.. :hmm:

#1. If a modder succeeds to make a soundfile for a tractor (Fendt Favorit 500) so it actually sounds like it's shifting gears (even if it's just 3 gears), why can't Giants? There is a good bunch of tractors in the game that actually have a conventional gearbox with clutch and everything. And there is some tractors with what I believe is called powershift transmission by some. Not to mention the trucks!

#2. Then we have the cvt transmissions in many of the tractors. As far as I know, in those tractors, the engines rpm is pretty constant
while driving. So far so good I guess when it comes to the enginesound.
BUT!! The engine is not the only thing you hear on those modern tractors. Actually, you don't hear alot of the engine at all because alot of that sound is drowned by all the sounds from hydraulic pumps and motors that make the tractor move forward. And those sounds change along with the speed and they also change alot while working the fields. Let's say your out plowing your field. There's alot if different whining sounds that changes in pitch depending on workload. I also think (correct me if I'm wrong) that the engines cooling fans start spinning sometimes and therefor makes alot of noise. The more workload on the engine, the hotter it gets and needs more rpm on the coolingfan to cool the engine down. I guess there is electric fans on some tractors..

#3. The pitch of the enginesounds changes in big steps while opening the throttle. It was not even close to this thing in 17. It's awful. And the transitions between different sound files and loops. It's way too noticeable. In 17 it's completely seemless transitions..
an_ironic_potato

Post by an_ironic_potato »

Benpe wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:48 pm
Guil wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:00 pm
HoridMatec wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:54 pm I have been saying this already but they keep delete or lock the threads.
You can have your opinion, no need to spam it across multiple threads or post it in threads that are a month old.
That's right! Unnecessary. They also .... us and don't fix it. Whether you write 1x or 1000x. Sounds have been .... since 1.0. Xbox contorrler gas trigger little pull --> accelerates to 7-8 km/h and only engine idle tone....
Edit by Guil, mind the language please.
I have seen this sort of comment all over the forum, so just for the record, a tractor irl will not rev up much (if at all) to go 3-4 mph (~7-8 kph). Tractor engines make enough torque to move the tractor at idle at such low speeds. It's sort of like driving an automatic car, where taking your foot off the brake with the car in gear allows the car to slowly move on its own while the engine is idling. That said, the sounds could still definitely use an overhaul. Hope this clears up some confusion. :hi: