[Guide]Converting Mods from 2011 to 2013

tom42728

Re: [Guide]Converting Mods from 2011 to 2013

Post by tom42728 »

ok a few things can make a mod not show

1. is vehicle type in the mod xml file - if incorrect will say you need to remove vehicles before you can add another
2. is the image files were they converted and names not changed in the i3d file with notepad
3. make sure files locations in the mod xml and moddesc.xml files are directed to the right location
4 did you update the xml and shader files to the new versions

check your log file in the same folder as your mods folder it will list warnings and errors that will prevent a mod from working as well
Platform: PC
Specs: ASUS ROG Strix x570 MB, Ryzen 9 x5950 CPU, 128gig DDR4 Ram and GTX 1660 SC Ultra Graphics Card
firefighter3016

Post by firefighter3016 »

I really have no idea about the things you mentioned. I followed the basic guideline that was posted, have all but 2 of my desired mods working. Is there anyone who would want to try and fix them for me? I can send the original file from FS2011
Mantose

Post by Mantose »

When ever I couldnt see the mod after buying it from the store it has been a shader issue. More specifically it is a custom "dirtshader.xml" What I have done is deleting the "in.mat." anyplace in the xml and changed the version from 1.0

Most shader files I can find in the folders that come with the game but not the dirtshader one... I have seen ones that look really close but the code is too different and comes out looking funky in game.

After changing the file giants editor still cant see it but it can be seen in the actual game and it seems to work fine with no error messages in the log.

EDIT. now that I have reread your post more than once I am unsure exactly what you mean. Can you not see them in the store? Can you purchase them with no error messages on bottom left of screen? Can you not see them in the game world after a successful purchase?
tom42728

Post by tom42728 »

which 2 mods are they firefighter

and mantose on the dirtshader.xml i found one in the farming simulator 2013 directory and just copied that to my mod editing folder and use it when needed
Specs: ASUS ROG Strix x570 MB, Ryzen 9 x5950 CPU, 128gig DDR4 Ram and GTX 1660 SC Ultra Graphics Card
Mantose

Post by Mantose »

I looked and couldnt find one, could you provide a folder path to it? I found several dirt"randomwordshere"shaders.xml But none of them were compatible to the custom dirtshaders.xml I found in the mod I was converting. Also I couldnt find it with the search function with windows.
wj2982088

Post by wj2982088 »

Lars-the-Dane wrote:hi I have been trying to converte a mod following the steps in the guide. but it dosent work :-(
I have changed this line <modDesc descVersion="9"> from 4 to 9
and I have added this <dailyUpkeep>250</dailyUpkeep>
<brand>John Deere</brand>
<machineType>Tractor</machineType>
but is dosen't work did I miss anything???
My case, and you, will and resolve this?Thank you! :shock:
tom42728

Post by tom42728 »

mantose i sent you a dirtshader in pm it was from another mod sorry

wj a couple of things one is the machineType you have Tractor for the game to put it in tractors category will need to change that to <machineType>tractors</machineType> acceptable types are posted in the very 1st post on this topic

also John Deere Tractors have alot of scripts in FS 2011 versions that really make converting them interesting and a job and half at that this could be why not working you will need to look at the log file in the documents/my games/farming simulator 2013 folder it will usually list all the errors and warnings to help you troubleshoot it
firefighter3016

Post by firefighter3016 »

To Mantose I can see the picture of the mod in the store and buy it no problem but I cannot see or use them in the game.

To tom42728 they are the Fendt9460bb package and the Pronto18 sower
wj2982088

Post by wj2982088 »

tom42728 wrote:mantose i sent you a dirtshader in pm it was from another mod sorry

wj a couple of things one is the machineType you have Tractor for the game to put it in tractors category will need to change that to <machineType>tractors</machineType> acceptable types are posted in the very 1st post on this topic

also John Deere Tractors have alot of scripts in FS 2011 versions that really make converting them interesting and a job and half at that this could be why not working you will need to look at the log file in the documents/my games/farming simulator 2013 folder it will usually list all the errors and warnings to help you troubleshoot it
Thank you very much for your answer, but I have a question, in accordance with the method of the 1 floor mod into the game, to be able to buy the mod but not so that all the original keys, how do I do?Seeking to enlighten me, thank you!
Mantose

Post by Mantose »

Converting tractors and harvesters and anything with custom scripts can be very difficult.

I would advise people convert simple things first then work your way up to tractors when you are confident and more familiar with the basics.

Comparing the mods you want to convert with similar things in the game folders can really help. When I convert a trailer, I compare the files with other trailers that come with the game.

To me it all looked like a foreign language but after trial and error and many times reloading the game and starting over from scratch it has become easier.

When I start I usually copy paste the mod into a normal folder... makes things much easier and faster to change files. After I am done and happy with the mod I put it back into the zip file. Another reason I copy paste is so I still have the original download incase I need to renew a file I messed up beyond saving.
tom42728

Post by tom42728 »

firefighter ok have you looked at the log file?

and when buying the mods look in lower left does it say can be picked up at shop or need to remove equipment (forgive me can't remember the exact wording of that) and does it say in list that you own 1 when you buy it

I have the pronto18 have not done conversion on it yet though

one thing i have noticed with cultivators and trailers that i was converting or downloaded is buy them and they are under the map and if can attach to them they jump right up on top of the ground with some usable and others are tilted up and tractor hanging from the tongue - to resolve had to use GE and raise up and adjust accordingly till it is level and on the ground

Edit: i figured out the issue with trailers under the surface of the map - wheels need to be set to rigid on all mods or they will sink under but now another issue is when spawning the fall from the air and bounce and land in awkward positions
mbzalewski

Post by mbzalewski »

Hi everyone, Had a quick question here regarding converting mods from 2011 to 2013... completed a mod transfer of a skid loader, its shows up in the shop correctly... however when trying to purchase it flashes " No more space! Remove purchased items first." even if no other vehicles are owned or in the lot of the store... Anyone with a lil more experience, suggestions?

Thanks much
Mantose

Post by Mantose »

Could be a few things I think. I believe I have had the error "no space remove purchased items first" when I changed the name in the wrong places. When one of the shaders was messed up, and one other reason that slips my mind. Might have been a script or lau file error too , maybe...

The more custom files that are in a mod the harder it is to convert to 2013.

Did you check your log file to see if there were any errors about the skid thing in there?
Farmer2013

Post by Farmer2013 »

Nice, but only 5% of FS11 mods work with this method - I say don't bother
I was a farmer once, but then I took an arrow to the knee..
plmangion

Post by plmangion »

hi not sure what i am doing wrong but it dident work for me im trying to convert a fork lift to work with ls 2013 dose Anny one know of one that has been converted or is someone willing to help me out with this as a forklift would be far better to lift the wool pellets than other machines than x in advance