Upcoming West Coast map

Jamie77

Re: Upcoming West Coast map

Post by Jamie77 »

TacoFarmer wrote:
Guil wrote:No more childish back patting or bitchy posts. Everyone has an opinion and that's that. You agree with it or don't.
Come on now you can do better than that.Go back to page 49 and start deleting posts from there.Especially the ones where some forum member is going off half cocked demanding people leave.
I’m sorry if i came off sounding harsh i’ve had a bad day i just couldn’t see the sense in people being in the forum if they don’t like the map i’m sorry though happy farming
Jamie77

Post by Jamie77 »

faZeZiiMeRrYT wrote::hmm: is the map coming out?
Not today mate unfortunately
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

Jamie77 wrote:
TacoFarmer wrote:
Guil wrote:No more childish back patting or bitchy posts. Everyone has an opinion and that's that. You agree with it or don't.
Come on now you can do better than that.Go back to page 49 and start deleting posts from there.Especially the ones where some forum member is going off half cocked demanding people leave.
I’m sorry if i came off sounding harsh i’ve had a bad day i just couldn’t see the sense in people being in the forum if they don’t like the map i’m sorry though happy farming
The sense is that sometimes there is no sense.(EDIT:Removed unnecessary words.)Apology accepted.Farm on.
Last edited by TacoFarmer on Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
Irish Agriculture

Post by Irish Agriculture »

Honestly so true, well said. For a forum based around GIANTS and BB basically giving constant attention to making this map for console, I have seen more arguments on this forum than any other I have read or been involved in. I understand there is excitement and impatience, but why now has it resulted in arguing with each other due to personal preference? Along with complaining about GIANTS? People seriously need to understand how lucky we are and maybe then they'll moan a little less.
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

Irish Agriculture wrote:
Honestly so true, well said. For a forum based around GIANTS and BB basically giving constant attention to making this map for console, I have seen more arguments on this forum than any other I have read or been involved in. I understand there is excitement and impatience, but why now has it resulted in arguing with each other due to personal preference? Along with complaining about GIANTS? People seriously need to understand how lucky we are and maybe then they'll moan a little less.
I like to complain about GIANTS though. How does this game make me lucky?
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.

Irish Agriculture

TacoFarmer wrote:
Irish Agriculture wrote:
Does it make you unlucky??
Jamie77

Post by Jamie77 »

Irish Agriculture wrote:
Yeah i guess i’m sorry to anyone i may have upset or annoyed we are very lucky to receive a map as high quality as this and will donate to BB when i can i hope this issue is resolved and we can continue to get on whilst we patiently wait for west coast.
Irish Agriculture

Jamie77 wrote:
Irish Agriculture wrote:
Yeah i guess i’m sorry to anyone i may have upset or annoyed we are very lucky to receive a map as high quality as this and will donate to BB when i can i hope this issue is resolved and we can continue to get on whilst we patiently wait for west coast.
Exactly, all that it is needed is patience and respect. A map coming to benefit the fs17 console community is pointless if it ends causing arguments and tension. As a console player, I wish enjoyment to all when this map is released.
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

Jamie77 wrote:
Irish Agriculture wrote:
And Im sorry if anything I said offended anybody.But I will never be sorry for having an opinion or questioning the system.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.

TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

Irish Agriculture wrote:
TacoFarmer wrote:
Irish Agriculture wrote:
Does it make you unlucky??
I guess its 37 posts too late for it to make me neutral ?
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.

Xboxfarmsim

Post by Xboxfarmsim »

TacoFarmer apologies if I irritated or offended you. I've spoken with BB about this map on other forums and other platforms and know he's been frustrated trying to get the map console compatible. I feel any help he's received from Giants has been both beneficial to him and appreciated by the whole FS community as it will help him to develop his skills as a modder and help him to continue doing something he enjoys
Massive respect to all the modders
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

Xboxfarmsim wrote:TacoFarmer apologies if I irritated or offended you. I've spoken with BB about this map on other forums and other platforms and know he's been frustrated trying to get the map console compatible. I feel any help he's received from Giants has been both beneficial to him and appreciated by the whole FS community as it will help him to develop his skills as a modder and help him to continue doing something he enjoys
No worries.I wasnt aiming towards any modder or forum member. I had a question.I feel your answer is the best one by far.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.

RODHA

Post by RODHA »

BulletBill83 wrote:You would have to ask GIANTS themselves why they are giving me this help.

I would point out that plenty of other modders get quite a bit of help from GIANTS, but it is not so publicized.

GIANTS also are tired of being accused they don't help modders enough.

I've also been told that there QA and Support teams are fed up with so many people asking about the console version of this map that they want to get it sorted so they can have a more peaceful life.

I haven't asked for 'preferential treatment' from GIANTS, they have taken it upon themselves to do this as the issue with the map is not some map issue that I can fix.
Thank you BB for the update and valuable inside view on the matter :hi:

That is the only sensible post in pages...
PS5 / FS22
Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Post by Lisertan »

Da heck is going on guys?

I leave you alone for one night and the thread explodes and people yell at each other (more or less)?

Calm down everyone, we are all here to have fun, right? Keep in mind that everyone in this forum has the same goal: to have a good time with the Farming Simulator series. No reason to bash each other for a different taste.

I'd like to talk about this very quick:
BulletBill83 wrote:You would have to ask GIANTS themselves why they are giving me this help.

I would point out that plenty of other modders get quite a bit of help from GIANTS, but it is not so publicized.

GIANTS also are tired of being accused they don't help modders enough.

I've also been told that there QA and Support teams are fed up with so many people asking about the console version of this map that they want to get it sorted so they can have a more peaceful life.

I haven't asked for 'preferential treatment' from GIANTS, they have taken it upon themselves to do this as the issue with the map is not some map issue that I can fix.
We are helping a lot of guys. This is not the first case where we try to get something done with the modder. Working with modders is one of our main goals, hence the mod calls, mod contests and the QA team helping with mods where they can.

That being said, we are not a huge company and there are tons of mods, so we can't help everyone as much as we would like and in addition, the QA team has a lot of tasks, mods are only one of them, so they might not always have the time.

There are several reasons why the West Coast gets some help, sure this thread is one of them, as I always try to find the mods that our players love and communicate them to the QA team, so they know a lot of people wait for this map because I told them that's the case.

At the same time, Bill has always been a nice guy and, as stupid as this might sound, this gets you a long way. Our QA guys are humans and if you are nice to them, then they might be willing to put some extra hours in (without getting paid for that) just because they want to.

QA and Support will never be really tird of you guys, so that was more of a joke then a real iussue haha.

So yeah, in short: We try to help everyone, but we can't. Therefore we have to pick where we halp, and we picked the West Coast for now.
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
Jamie77

Post by Jamie77 »

Thanks lisertan and sorry

Edit by guil. Fixed qouting.