Estancia Lapacho

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Bungle

Re: Estancia Lapacho

Post by Bungle »

I’m pretty sure if a Mod map had had that kind of attention to detail it would be received warmly and commented on...... but we don’t pay for Mod Maps. We pay for dlc to bring new things. I get that the new dlc adds new crops, equipment etc but I just feel some of the time could have been better spent elsewhere. The convertible is a joke..... a rough old pickup from that area would have much better fitted the purpose. But I think this will run around in circles. Opinions are like as*holes..... everyone has one and they’re convinced theirs doesn’t stink!!
Playing on XBone in Somerset, UK - Typically spending more time on the forum than actually playing the game.
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

cr41g_1965 wrote:
FarmerJimbob wrote:If a modder had created that house and the jarred preserves you'd be raving about the great attention to detail they'd put into their map.
hahahaha... not a chance
FarmerJimbob wrote:You put thousands of hours into FS13&15 despite there being no mods (or were you on PC for those)?
no...on console without mods on better maps than the one just released... I'm not going to explain myself to everyone that comes along and leaves a post... I have had my say.. it's my opinion.. you may agree or you may not... most of those who agree won't bother to respond and I understand from your PM's why... we can all go back to the better maps we are all currently playing and the one hopefully being released soon
I haven't sent any PMs. You are of course entitled to your opinion but is it necessary to grind your axe across so many threads?
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

cr41g_1965 wrote:I have been playing since FS13...I have LITERALLY thousands of hours over the series. I think I have a good idea what I am on about and what a huge mistake this is if this is how they are going to continue going forward by adding things that don't actually improve the gameplay.
There are competitors in the wind... they are coming... mistakes like this could draw people to new games... and that is, I am afraid, just a fact.
I'm playing since just the release of FS17. In that 1 year I believe I've passed 2000hrs. I'm waiting Sony to send me an email on the exact time as they did last year. I should have been more clear on my time comment. I think I've most hours on the game in 1 year time.

I'm with you about the fact that the game play should be advanced more rapidly as there will be some serious (hopefully) competition in 2018.
But if I'm right on my thinking about Giants, they will find their way to the top even with a serious competition and we will benefit from that wastly.
PS5 / FS22
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

cr41g_1965 wrote:no...on console without mods on better maps than the one just released... I'm not going to explain myself to everyone that comes along and leaves a post... I have had my say.. it's my opinion.. you may agree or you may not... most of those who agree won't bother to respond and I understand from your PM's why... we can all go back to the better maps we are all currently playing and the one hopefully being released soon
^^This^^ No one needs explain themselves on their opinion of any map. Personally, I haven't really been in love with any Giants' map even though I have played them quite a bit. This one is "new and shiny" and that's probably why I like it currently. Most of Giants' maps seem to be designed in a way to showcase the new features. Sugarcane and a South American brand so they gave us a South Americanish map. I'm not going to comment on the house anymore, it's a moot point. Plenty of other locations to get your farming fix on.

Oh and here's hoping the competition (I'm still not convinced there is going to be any) steps up and does what they're promising. *thumbsup* I'd certainly love to give them a try. Strong competition will only force Giants to up their game or be left behind.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Nigelbilt

Post by Nigelbilt »

cr41g_1965 wrote:
FarmerJimbob wrote:If a modder had created that house and the jarred preserves you'd be raving about the great attention to detail they'd put into their map.
hahahaha... not a chance
FarmerJimbob wrote:You put thousands of hours into FS13&15 despite there being no mods (or were you on PC for those)?
no...on console without mods on better maps than the one just released... I'm not going to explain myself to everyone that comes along and leaves a post... I have had my say.. it's my opinion.. you may agree or you may not... most of those who agree won't bother to respond and I understand from your PM's why... we can all go back to the better maps we are all currently playing and the one hopefully being released soon

You don’t need to explain yourself man. You constantly make it quite clear that everything GIANTS does is trash. And that is fine, it’s just weird that you spend so much time playing a game that you entirely dislike. Wouldn’t it be better for you to find something you actually like and save yourself the stress? That’s not a dig at you, I am being serious.
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

I never said I dislike the game.... read....I have played FS13, FS15 and now FS17...I am disappointed in the effort that Giants... put into THIS DLC.. a paid DLC which is lacking when compared to what we can get for free as mods

I knew I was going to get bashed all day because many of the fanboys wouldn't share my opinion.. and I wasn't afraid to give my opinion and I don't care.. its my opinion.. and I got broad shoulders... enjoy your day all..

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
Nigelbilt

Post by Nigelbilt »

Come on man. Everything GIANTS does you complain about. The only thing you praise are some mods and use that to remind everyone that if it wasn’t for mods, this game would be dead a long time ago.

It’s fine if you don’t like the content GIANTS makes. It is fine that you complain about literally everything GIANTS does. It’s fine that you give your opinion, but don’t pretend like you don’t always complain about everything GIANTS does. And don’t pretend like there was even a slight chance you would have said anything positive about this DLC. You were trashing it before you even used it.

Weren’t you saying how farms you can’t enter, like on GCV, broke immersion and were not realistic?

Fanboy doesnt mean what you think it means. Liking FS17 or this DLC doesn’t make you a fanboy. Having a different opinion than you doesn’t make you a fanboy. Liking the content GIANTS makes didn’t make you a fanboy.
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

^^This

It did make me chuckle when I read the post starting "ok ... so I actually had a go at the map last night" after you'd spent all day trashing it.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Calm down fellas. Y'all can still play whatever maps you want to no matter what someone else says. It's all good.
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

FarmerJimbob wrote:^^This

It did make me chuckle when I read the post starting "ok ... so I actually had a go at the map last night" after you'd spent all day trashing it.
3 posts all day...bahahahaa... give your head a shake...

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
Nigelbilt

Post by Nigelbilt »

fenixguy wrote:Calm down fellas. Y'all can still play whatever maps you want to no matter what someone else says. It's all good.

That is the point. But if you are going to trash everything a company does because that is your thing, that’s what you are known for, at least be upfront and honest about it.

Calling anyone who disagrees a fanboy is pretty childish as well. Hell, using the term “fanboy” is pretty childish.
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

fenixguy wrote:Calm down fellas. Y'all can still play whatever maps you want to no matter what someone else says. It's all good.
Absolutely. And its fine to say I don't like xx map and I'm not going to play it. But its also reasonable to challenge the trashing of someone's efforts (whether it be a modder or a faceless corporation) when it has no foundation.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I'm a childish fanboy myself, so I don't care. Giants is the only company producing the game I want to play, so I'll support their efforts but offer criticism when necessary. But yeah, constant bashing for any effort at all does take a toll on you after a while but this forum is fairly benign when you compare to some others. If you really want to get the blood pressure up, go to the Farming Simulator Facebook page. They could post a video of the cure to the common cold and the comments would be 99% "wers jon dear???? dis game iz garbedge till i get a cummins. y r ther no dullys? i live in kansas and this game is not like kansas. y cant i haz jon deerz?!!"

Eh, just play the game is all I know to say. I wouldn't be on here so much if I could play right now.
Nigelbilt

Post by Nigelbilt »

Twitter is no better. Mostly asking for John Deere and complaining about console users being screwed over constantly.
Farmer216

Post by Farmer216 »

My $.02 ... (Since my woman took over my tv. I've been playing all day!)

This DLC .. (That I did not realize was part of Season Pass, Thx Giants!)
.. Introduced a new crop. (that behaves differently. something new to learn)
.. And the tools required to harvest and replant that crop. (weird stuff I've never seen. something new to learn)

Click to read my rambling:
That crop is grown in South America.
So a South American map was provided.
The bright red soil happens. The bright green happens.
I like it, it's different.
It looks like a few of the fields might be plowed together.
The plateau that divides the map could also potentially be a field.
Palm trees?! Wild!

The house? Somebody is going to love it.
I would have enjoyed a pauper version.
I spent 20 hours in a tractor today. --> I <-- do not live in a house like that! lol
I walked through it, and that will probably be the last time for a long while.
The detail is interesting. I'm sure it will end up in YouTube videos.
Sometime, far in the future, when I own all the fields; I may move into the coke mansion.
Until then, my "home" is the small building behind the garage.

The car? Somebody is going to love it.
I would have liked a dually flatbed. Any truck. Anything with a hitch really. I wish the van had a hitch!
But I may eventually take the convertible for a spin. Does the top go up and down?
I'm not sure who uses the cars in this game.

The tractors? Well.. I've sold all mine already.
The first harvest of every map is always done with what was provided.
But, I don't really care for tractors without a 3-point attachment in the front.
I kept the little MF around for a little while, because its neat looking.
Currently, I have no need of a "tiny" tractor(95hp). So, off it went.
I still haven't played with all the tractors yet. So, up for this map is the Valtra N Series(185hp).

The harvester? This thing is painful to use!
Its really awesome looking, but soooo slow!
I upgraded to the harvester from the "Old MF Pack".
I never thought there would be a smaller harvester than the MF!

Sugarcane!
I played all night, it only grew enough for one harvest.
If you like the beets or potatoes, cane is up your alley!
I used the starter equipment for first harvest, may lease the top stuff for 2nd harvest.
I turned on "plowing required", and am debating plowing/reseeding so I can get maximum harvest.

This got long .. I should hide it in a spoiler ..
I'm tired .. sorry I made you read
Overall, I'm enjoying myself.
To all at Giants, thank you. I look forward to whatever comes next.
I play on Xbox3 (Which they called the "One" for some reason)
Addicted to Farm Sim since: 6-26-2k17
FS17@ 5,336hrs ~ FS19@ 3377hrs (updated 2.18.21)