Small Guide on PC's

juf.de

Re: Small Guide on PC's

Post by juf.de »

You won't get anywhere with onboard GPUs, you should take a pc or better build one with an regular standalone GPU.
In your two builds you didn't mention which specific CPU you have, there are multiple i3s and i5s
Generally speaking you must ofcourse meet the minimum system requirements to run FS19 smoothly, but mroe is always better, especially if you like to use mods.
I recommend you look for a PC with a GPU with at least 6 GB, as ou will enjoy the game more with better graphic settings, 16 GB RAM to make the overall performace smoother and a CPU with around 3,8 to 4 GHz per core, as FS19 uses mostly only one core.
GPU = graphics card, CPU = processor (just in case)
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
rjiii88

Post by rjiii88 »

juf.de wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:58 pm You won't get anywhere with onboard GPUs, you should take a pc or better build one with an regular standalone GPU.
In your two builds you didn't mention which specific CPU you have, there are multiple i3s and i5s
Generally speaking you must ofcourse meet the minimum system requirements to run FS19 smoothly, but mroe is always better, especially if you like to use mods.
I recommend you look for a PC with a GPU with at least 6 GB, as ou will enjoy the game more with better graphic settings, 16 GB RAM to make the overall performace smoother and a CPU with around 3,8 to 4 GHz per core, as FS19 uses mostly only one core.
Thanks for the reply.
Then this one should work correct?
Dell Gaming Desktop Computer PC
Nvidia GeForce GT 1030 2GB DDR5 Video Card (DVI-D, HDMI)
Intel Quad Core i5 3.20GHz 3rd Gen. i5-3470 Processor
8GB RAM Memory
480GB SSD Solid State Drives
1TB 7200RPM Hard drive
Playing on PC, just your everyday FS player.
FS17/19 PC - FS16/18 Droid
Have fun slingin' dirt y-all :wink2:
P.S. Thanks to all the MODDERS out there! *thumbsup*
Daviss42

Post by Daviss42 »

rjiii88 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:11 pm
juf.de wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:58 pm You won't get anywhere with onboard GPUs, you should take a pc or better build one with an regular standalone GPU.
Thanks for the reply.
8GB RAM Memory
1TB 7200RPM Hard drive
like said above you really need at least 6gb vram so that 2gb card wont be much better than using the integrated graphics im affraid although i could be wrong. a 6gb 1060 would be the minimum for a "smooth" experience
System - i7-10700k | RTX 3080 | 32GB 4000mhz | 2TB NVME

Console - Xbox Series X
rjiii88

Post by rjiii88 »

Daviss42 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:15 pm
rjiii88 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:11 pm
Thanks for the reply.
8GB RAM Memory
1TB 7200RPM Hard drive
like said above you really need at least 6gb vram so that 2gb card wont be much better than using the integrated graphics im affraid although i could be wrong. a 6gb 1060 would be the minimum for a "smooth" experience
Got it. Thank you.
Appreciate the feedback.
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

It's not only the 6 GB GPu but the processor should definitly be more powerful, 3,2 GHZ is'nt much. It's working but if you plan to keeping the pc for maybe the next FS game or want to play the current one with some script mods, a larger CPU will come in handy.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
rjiii88

Post by rjiii88 »

juf.de wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:49 pm It's not only the 6 GB GPu but the processor should definitly be more powerful, 3,2 GHZ is'nt much. It's working but if you plan to keeping the pc for maybe the next FS game or want to play the current one with some script mods, a larger CPU will come in handy.
Thank you. I will keep that in mind also. Who knows if FS21 will need a high end PC.
Appreciate the response.
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

Do you have a budget in mind? No point in suggesting any CPU or GPU for you if it’s not going to be feasible. If you’re looking to run the game on reasonably high settings then you likely need to match the Giants recommended hardware, the more you can go above that the smoother the experience will be. Partpicker is fairly simple to use to get an idea what sort of cost that spec will entail, and bring to mind all the parts you need for a system beyond CPU/GPU/HDD. Even if you don’t want to undertake the build yourself it will give you a good idea what sort of deal you’re getting with prebuilt options you’re looking at. AMD systems will be cheaper than Intel/NVIDIA systems for the ‘same’ headline specs.
rjiii88

Post by rjiii88 »

FarmerJimbob wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:33 pm Do you have a budget in mind? No point in suggesting any CPU or GPU for you if it’s not going to be feasible. If you’re looking to run the game on reasonably high settings then you likely need to match the Giants recommended hardware, the more you can go above that the smoother the experience will be. Partpicker is fairly simple to use to get an idea what sort of cost that spec will entail, and bring to mind all the parts you need for a system beyond CPU/GPU/HDD. Even if you don’t want to undertake the build yourself it will give you a good idea what sort of deal you’re getting with prebuilt options you’re looking at. AMD systems will be cheaper than Intel/NVIDIA systems for the ‘same’ headline specs.
I would like to keep a small budget but if I'm gonna buy a new pc I might as well get a good one right?
Have you guys ever heard of Digital Storm?
I see that they have a pc there that is:
Digital Storm Lynx - Level 2
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 (6-Core) 4.2 GHz Turbo
MotherBoard: ASUS / MSI (AMD B350M Chipset) (Up to 2x PCI-E Devices)
Memory: 8GB DDR4 Digital Storm Performance Series
Storage#1: 1x SSD (240GB Digital Storm Performance Series)
Storage#2: 1x Storage (2TB Seagate / Toshiba)
Graphics card: 1x GeForce GTX 1650 4GB
Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-Bit Edition)
I'm really thinking about this one, no guarantees though as to I will keep looking for the next week or 2, but for sure gonna buy something.
Thanks again for the feedback.
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

If possible I’d say get 16GB RAM and try to up the GPU a bit too. This site has a pretty nice simple comparison of GPU relative performance:
http://www.logicalincrements.com/articl ... omparison/
L2K Perma

Post by L2K Perma »

rjiii88 wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:12 am
FarmerJimbob wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:33 pm Do you have a budget in mind? No point in suggesting any CPU or GPU for you if it’s not going to be feasible. If you’re looking to run the game on reasonably high settings then you likely need to match the Giants recommended hardware, the more you can go above that the smoother the experience will be. Partpicker is fairly simple to use to get an idea what sort of cost that spec will entail, and bring to mind all the parts you need for a system beyond CPU/GPU/HDD. Even if you don’t want to undertake the build yourself it will give you a good idea what sort of deal you’re getting with prebuilt options you’re looking at. AMD systems will be cheaper than Intel/NVIDIA systems for the ‘same’ headline specs.
I would like to keep a small budget but if I'm gonna buy a new pc I might as well get a good one right?
Have you guys ever heard of Digital Storm?
I see that they have a pc there that is:
Digital Storm Lynx - Level 2
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 (6-Core) 4.2 GHz Turbo
MotherBoard: ASUS / MSI (AMD B350M Chipset) (Up to 2x PCI-E Devices)
Memory: 8GB DDR4 Digital Storm Performance Series
Storage#1: 1x SSD (240GB Digital Storm Performance Series)
Storage#2: 1x Storage (2TB Seagate / Toshiba)
Graphics card: 1x GeForce GTX 1650 4GB
Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-Bit Edition)
I'm really thinking about this one, no guarantees though as to I will keep looking for the next week or 2, but for sure gonna buy something.
Thanks again for the feedback.
If that's the $1000 one, I honestly would just build it yourself, with an rx 580 instead. The rx 580 has about a 25% performance increase over the gtx 1650 and the build I put together real quick includes 16 gb of ram as well. It also comes in at about $150 less.
FS13 - Xbox 360
FS15 - Xbox 360/Xbox One
FS17 - Xbox One
FS19 - PC

PC specs: i5-8600k, M22 Kraken AIO cooler, 16GB ddr4 ram, RTX 2070 Super, 256 GB SSD, 1 TB HDD
rjiii88

Post by rjiii88 »

@L2K Perma, I like your idea, also are those your current specs in your signature or is that old?
@FarmerJimbob, thanks for the web site. I'll check it out.
L2K Perma

Post by L2K Perma »

rjiii88 wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:14 am @L2K Perma, I like your idea, also are those your current specs in your signature or is that old?
@FarmerJimbob, thanks for the web site. I'll check it out.
Those are my current specs, was also my first build I did.
FS13 - Xbox 360
FS15 - Xbox 360/Xbox One
FS17 - Xbox One
FS19 - PC

PC specs: i5-8600k, M22 Kraken AIO cooler, 16GB ddr4 ram, RTX 2070 Super, 256 GB SSD, 1 TB HDD
rjiii88

Post by rjiii88 »

FarmerJimbob wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:33 pm If you’re looking to run the game on reasonably high settings then you likely need to match the Giants recommended hardware, the more you can go above that the smoother the experience will be.
I got to thinking last night and I looked at the specs for the game(bought the disk).
Giants specs:
Processor: intel core i3-2100t@2.5ghz
ram: 4gb
graphics card: directx11, 2gb, geforce gtx 650/radeon hd 7770
hd drive: 20gb.
Mine:
Processor: intel core i3-3220 cpu@3.3ghz
ram: 8gb
graphics card: intel hd graphics
hd drive: 300gb.
I bought this computer last year in October and was thinking if my specs are higher than only 1, which is the graphics card, could I just get a graphics card and that would do the trick? Then I could take the time to just build a new computer.
Thanks again guys.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Yes, I was going to suggest that. Buy a graphics card and more ram. What model is you pc because if it is a small factor one you can't just use any graphics card. Another thing to note as well, is there 2 or 4 ram slots on the mobo? 4 is fine but if there is only 2 then you need to replace your current ram altogether.
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

Hmm, I assumed like most games Giants would state min spec and then a recommended spec but it appears all they have in the recommended bit is a 64-bit OS?! The minimum won’t get you running with high-ish graphics settings but, as you say, you are a bit above that. Your biggest issue currently is definitely that you’re using the onboard graphics so I’d say get a dedicated card and if that doesn’t fix it satisfactorily you can at least carry that forward to a higher spec PC. Not sure you really want to buy a whole new machine if you only bought that one in October?

It was 3 years old but the 4GB GTX970 I just swapped out of my system was handling FS19 (60fps) and all my other games pretty well, even running an ultra-wide monitor. I stick to NVIDIA as I have a G-sync monitor but if you’re open to AMD the RX 580 I think is good value. But it’s all down to budget and how much you want better graphics as to which card you go for. No point in going too mad on the gpu unless you plan to definitely upgrade your system before you’d shop for another graphics card as your CPU and RAM will probably become a bottleneck with one of the latest GPUs.

Tip: check carefully how much space (length & slot depth) your case allows for a GPU as the 3-fan cards can be seriously long and even the shorter ones can occupy 2+ slots in depth. My 970 only just fit in my old case due to its length as the case had a cage in the way. And check whether your PSU has a spare connector available if the GPU needs dedicated power.