rattlesnake valley

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
CanProFarm

Re: rattlesnake valley

Post by CanProFarm »

Hey,
I came back to check on how we can recover our crops from the small silos(I remember seeing some posts about it I'll check it in a moment), but also to announce a good news: I found the gapping whole in the finances of my game...
for 3 days I harvested-baled-wrapped grass and stacked it in a corner from the huge wild fields south of field 8... but then I had to go take care of either my harvests or my animals So... I forgot to gather it and sell it...
I think I might have over 300 Silage bales with those I just made(I haven't count must be more I'm sure) waiting in those 2 fields... blushnew:
Damnit! the bales made with the Kuhn-DLS baler-wrapper arent calculated in the stats window! :

About the pig food... I'll do it simple: I've got the PF-5000 v1.4 mod from FS17mods, I'll install it as soon as I'll have the money for it(soon enough, I'll sell all those bales as soon as I get back in-game)...

For 2 days I've been searching why I worked so much and got so few money... I'm seriously bummed...
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

Lol well at least you figured it out.
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
CanProFarm

Post by CanProFarm »

dgk816 wrote:
clw2147 wrote:
Jay911 wrote:Was there any mention of the odd behavior of conveyor belts at the gas plant being sorted out?
not sure, but i doubt it. the main priority has most likely been the bigger changes. the small problems will probably be worked on in future updates
I have a problem with conveyors not picking up from the ground. I can dump a load on them with a front end loader and the conveyor will pick that up but then stop. I wish I knew that before dumping 96000L of beets :)

Has anyone had the same issue?

Thanks.

PS. A shout out to the author of this map...I'm loving it.
Hey I've got the same problem!
I tried to use conveyor system to load all my soybeans on the train at field 15, but the conveyor picker isn't loading from the ground...
unloading 70k liters semi-trailer directly on conveyor isn't an option, it'll take forever to unload...
Seens I'm forced to unload to train with my Auger Wagons... It's a bit annoying when the Tractor+A.W has to go from south end of this field, but with a Fendt 900 tractor it's manageable, it has just enough time to go up, unload and go back to the harvester before it's 75% full!

About the small farm silos... I tried the things someone said on one of the posts, but it won't work, I don't have the option to load crop in semi-trailer :wink3:

Anyone can help? I've got 129k liters of corn stuck in it... :sadnew:
CanProFarm

Post by CanProFarm »

somethingonmyshoe2 wrote:Before unloading, the Bode Worked can be opened (right mouse button). When tipping then a tarp, which disappears slowly appears. The plant is to be switched on at the switch to the 'O' button. The pipe is placed on the discharge position and the display comes on. The loading can be started at the switch. You can not start / stop loading when you sit in the tractor.
look for the pipe to move . then ( I think you press r)
I tried it but it won't work...
CanProFarm

Post by CanProFarm »

Oh damnit... must be a mod conflict... I have installed the only "multi-storage Silo" that is on modhub... the problem is that I've god 225k liters of sugar beets and 295K liters of TMR(WTF lool I didn't realize I hat that much!) in it...

Seems I'll have to carry all that down to the main farm and uninstall this mod to check if it resolves the problem...
:hmm:
CanProFarm

Post by CanProFarm »

erf seems It's an other mod that it in conflict... and we can't store sugar beets and TMR in main farm silo... bummer...

So I handled it underground, directly in the vehicules.xml file...

I have so many mods installed on this map I can't check all mods one-by-one... So now I'll simply play without using those silos... :sadnew:
MartinLaid

Post by MartinLaid »

wiseguy49 wrote:Look.. I'm trying to keep my mouth shut but this is ridiculous.

You do realize that you don't need to even need to make Pig food. Just dump the crops they require in.

If you are dead set on making pig food, there are at least two placeable pig food mixers that can easily be put in on the map. either one from Kastor or from GTX mods, both of which work very well.

I would just be grateful that SOMS2 shared this wonderful map with us.
That's exactly what I was thinking. It is an awesome map, probably the best on to play for the long-haul. Yes, there are a few bugs and some annoying things, but the overall emotion playing on this map is awesome. So thank you SOMS2 for this epic map and keep up the good work.
Frithgar

Post by Frithgar »

Does anyone know how to get grass into the ManureStar machine? It says it needs grass, straw and water, I've got bales of straw ready for it and have just collected a forage wagon full of loose grass, but can't for the life of me figure out how to get the grass into the machine. While we're here, the one that's next to it, the fertilizerStar, does that just need the manure from the ManureStar or do I need two different types?

Appreciate the help

Frith
For Farming Simulator 17 Timelapse and gameplay videos try https://www.youtube.com/user/Frithgar
CanProFarm

Post by CanProFarm »

Frithgar wrote:Does anyone know how to get grass into the ManureStar machine? It says it needs grass, straw and water, I've got bales of straw ready for it and have just collected a forage wagon full of loose grass, but can't for the life of me figure out how to get the grass into the machine. While we're here, the one that's next to it, the fertilizerStar, does that just need the manure from the ManureStar or do I need two different types?

Appreciate the help

Frith
Eh I seriously hope you don't have to dump it with a shovel! what a nasty job to handle if it's the only way to put grass in that mixer... :hmm:
CanProFarm

Post by CanProFarm »

There's ONE thing that would be seriously needed: A couple of tutorials on youtube showing how to work with the mixers and all those installations...
Some, are fairly simple, as the PoplarSeed maker and the TMR Mixer, but the others, are quite complex...

In my case, there's the SmallSilos that arent working, but it seems to be caused by a conflict with one of my 50(probly more) mods I use... So I've worked without it as I did before...
Cassin

Post by Cassin »

For the Manure Mixer, you just empty your forage wagon in front of the machine. The right spot (with the icon) can be tricky to find, but it's there ^^
CanProFarm

Post by CanProFarm »

Cassin wrote:For the Manure Mixer, you just empty your forage wagon in front of the machine. The right spot (with the icon) can be tricky to find, but it's there ^^
I'm happy to learn that *thumbsup*
Frithgar

Post by Frithgar »

I've now got them working, the manurestar needs you to be in the right spot when tipping out, as Cassin has said. The straw needs to be on the left as you face the machine, the grass to the right. You can tip from any tipper if you're on the right trigger, or you can use the straw blower if you want to add bales, you can't just add bales by them selves though as it doesn't take them. You can also tip loose material into the top of the machine with a loader, grass right, straw left. Water needs to be on the left.

The fertilizer star takes water on the right hand side, then simply scoop the manure into both sides that you've made in the manure star. I'm assuming tippers will also work here.

Only thing I haven't tried yet is hay, just done a large hay harvest so I'm going to try the hay bales, will put them in a mixed feeder and see if the trigger allows direct unloading like the straw blower. If not, hay bales in the mixed feeder, empty it to the ground, then scoop it in with the telehandler.

Verdict on these two is that it's a bit of work involved, although I made it easier by placing a water tower nearby. The cost of the water isn't huge, and once the fertilizer star got going, it's producing loads of fertilizer for me. Not sure how efficient it all is, the time/money ratios are cutting it fine, but it's a really fun way to make fertilizer! We'll also be able to take the manure over to the poplar place near the barn as well so that's more gain from it.

One other thing, I've found that when making hay you can only turn the hay properly if moving north, moving south leaves patches of untouched grass, easy enough to lift up and speed down the other end of the field though. This is on the two large meadows west of the sheep, not tried turning a ploughed field into grass yet though, so it may behave differently like that. I've been using the large Krone rake mod from modhub for the raking, it's very prone to leaving bits everywhere, but I think that's the mod rather than any bugs, I'll be trying a different rake soon to see what difference there is.
For Farming Simulator 17 Timelapse and gameplay videos try https://www.youtube.com/user/Frithgar
CanProFarm

Post by CanProFarm »

One other thing, I've found that when making hay you can only turn the hay properly if moving north, moving south leaves patches of untouched grass, easy enough to lift up and speed down the other end of the field though. This is on the two large meadows west of the sheep, not tried turning a ploughed field into grass yet though, so it may behave differently like that. I've been using the large Krone rake mod from modhub for the raking, it's very prone to leaving bits everywhere, but I think that's the mod rather than any bugs, I'll be trying a different rake soon to see what difference there is.
I don't think it's ur mod... It does it too with "fan style" rakers, I tried all the starndard ones, so before I'Ve got the Kuhn-DLC I used the ROC RT1000 raker, and now I use the Kuhn belt raker.

Personnally I dont waste my time making hay... With CoursePlay, I have 1 tractor with the 2 Pottinger mowers on the front, raker on the back, an other one with the Kuhn baler-wrapper following behind(without the pack you simply use a pickup-truck to wrap the bales)

Anyone tried the BigBud DLC pack on RSV? I am still trying to figure out if it's worth it, as these tractors and tools are so large...
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

Big Bud releases Tuesday. I used some bug equipment on RSV for a bit and the field sizes are great but the roads and signs that don't fall down made it more difficult for me and my habit of tearing around too fast.
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.