rattlesnake valley

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
somethingonmyshoe2

Re: rattlesnake valley

Post by somethingonmyshoe2 »

hi there
i had a hard long look at this
1 trees doesn't change with seasons mod ( its not the map or seasons ) they are spruce_stage3, pine_stage3, spruce_stage4, all the trees will not change (all green in all seasons) like in real life.
2 to solve this i need to change 80% of all trees on the map . thats a big task on my part (as theres loads of trees)
3 a small test on changeing trees (seasons works fine on the map) :biggrin2:
4 as theres a big update on the map . im going to change the some of the trees (50 to 60 %) but it all takes time.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

If you wanted evergreen trees for the area, because that is what you wanted depicted, then I would suggest keeping the spruces and pines. Maybe we will add something to them in the future in terms of snow, but as you mentioned, we don't change them since they are evergreens. *thumbsup*
somethingonmyshoe2

I did see some that may make a winter tree on this map (but not sure how I add them)
link to map I see the trees on
http://www.modhub.us/farming-simulator- ... exture-v2/
ThaFarmer

Post by ThaFarmer »

somethingonmyshoe2 wrote:hi there
i had a hard long look at this
1 trees doesn't change with seasons mod ( its not the map or seasons ) they are spruce_stage3, pine_stage3, spruce_stage4, all the trees will not change (all green in all seasons) like in real life.
2 to solve this i need to change 80% of all trees on the map . thats a big task on my part (as theres loads of trees)
3 a small test on changeing trees (seasons works fine on the map) :biggrin2:
4 as theres a big update on the map . im going to change the some of the trees (50 to 60 %) but it all takes time.
You can keep the spruces as it's like real life(the idea to have snow on it is pretty cool tho but if a big workload keep it for a future update)...
But some trees with leaves(like maple tree, birch or other, whatever are using Giant's models) that can change with seasons might be great too.
Will you make the snow mask right on the update? like not having snow in enclosed sheds(opened shelters shall have snow I think) and multiple layers of snow would be amazing butI can't tell about real life in the zone from where the map is based tho. *thumbsup*

Can you tell what's going to be changed in the next update?
Last edited by ThaFarmer on Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

somethingonmyshoe2 wrote:I did see some that may make a winter tree on this map (but not sure how I add them)
Come chat with us on slack. I am sure we can figure something out.
ThaFarmer

Post by ThaFarmer »

theSeb wrote:
somethingonmyshoe2 wrote:I did see some that may make a winter tree on this map (but not sure how I add them)
Come chat with us on slack. I am sure we can figure something out.
I can't wait to see how this map can be adapted with seasons!
somethingonmyshoe2

hi there
well I'm just changing 70% of all trees on the map at the moment to meet the changes for seasons mod . so fingers crossed on this one folks. :biggrin2:
-RKI-

Post by -RKI- »

I'm waiting impatiently for this. Besides compatibility with the seasons, will there still be any changes on the new version of map? :)
somethingonmyshoe2

hi there
the new look rsv

theSeb

Post by theSeb »

That looks amazing.
Pacrat

Post by Pacrat »

Ok, right now I'll be going nuts waiting for the update after looking at the photos. Ty Somethingonmyshoe
somethingonmyshoe2

hi there
just a update

1 new farm silo added
2 seasons mod added
3 changeing trees (loads of work on this bit)
4 working on new parts for map

ThaFarmer

Post by ThaFarmer »

somethingonmyshoe2 wrote:hi there
just a update

1 new farm silo added
2 seasons mod added
3 changeing trees (loads of work on this bit)
4 working on new parts for map

This is Amazing work SoMS2!
I installed Seasons on my own and put down some "Snow mask", requires a fields-state reset but it's working really good!

As Seasons requires a "field-state" reset, I'd have a suggestion for some additions:

I did some tests on my end, and gives good results till now:

Replacing(or moving elsewhere) slowsojamilk with FS17_ProNaturAG; fits in the yard and it's more useful:
transforming liquid manure/digestate to produce: Solid & liquid fertilizer and compost(it requires AdditionnalMapTypes but no additionnal layer as far as I know).
-> I havent't verified outputs yet, just began production, no log errors at this moment.

I also almost successfully installed Additionnal fruits(AdditionnalMapTypes/AMT): oat, rye, spelt, triticale, millet, and compost(not a fruit).
This would be a good time to add it, as Seasons mod resets the fields state, additionnalMapTypes requires also a fields reset to add new layers.
-> I haven't completed all the test, I'm at 75% from complete success(installing, learning/adapting and sowing ok),
-> At this moment I'm in early spring season and finishing cultivating and beginning sowing my fields... Also no log errors till now.
-> Important notice: To complete AMT install, we have to copy the new/converted(additionnal layers) "...\maps\map01\fruit_density.gdm" file to the "savegame folder", if we don't, the savegame might not load because of those missing new layers... Should be done before starting/activating seasons mod...

Being from FabrikScriptProNature AG brings also an update to .lua files.
AdditionnalMapTypes is a little complex to install but compatible with Seasons and FabrikScript.

SoMS2: If my suggestions are interesting you, contact me by PM and I'll give you the procedure to modify RSV V2.

On a side note: I'm still searching for a working snowplow(went on a wild stretch and went crazy about it lol :biggrin2:), I tried a bunch of scrap-mods(bad quality, full of bugs/glitches/errors) but nothing good came out yet...
Sometimes everyone has to have to fun at some moments hehe!

Now I'll spend the few hours I still have free this morning on finishing field work...
StoneC0ld

Post by StoneC0ld »

Just wondering... Do you intend to put the animated overhead garage doors back on the garages?

If not, are they available in an object pack that I can try adding on my copy of the map?
MysticDaedra

Post by MysticDaedra »

Any chance of an update on a fix for conveyors not working? This is kinda a game-breaker for me, I want to play this map so bad, but I'm not willing to do so without the functionality conveyors provide.