SEARCH FIRST!!!!! QUESTIONS LATER!!!!

JohnDeere318

Re: SEARCH FIRST!!!!! QUESTIONS LATER!!!!

Post by JohnDeere318 »

FunFarmer wrote: I think this idea is all for nought my friends.
What does "nought" mean? :)
FunFarmer wrote:Send me a PM if you need anything.
Will do. *thumbsup*
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
FunFarmer

Post by FunFarmer »

JohnDeere318 wrote:
FunFarmer wrote: I think this idea is all for nought my friends.
What does "nought" mean? :)
FunFarmer wrote:Send me a PM if you need anything.
Will do. *thumbsup*
All for nought(if I spelled it right) is the old way of saying "all for nothing" or a waste of time.
Just a guy, playing the game of life, and this game.
"PC" player. Modded to the teeth.
FS15/17, Saitek 3 piece, and a crappy lappy.

:hi: :gamer:
canadafarms

Post by canadafarms »

FunFarmer wrote:
All for nought(if I spelled it right) is the old way of saying "all for nothing" or a waste of time.
It was a good effort *thumbsup* it seems on here even if you try to do something for the good of everyone there will still be those who are against it :confusednew:
PS4
FunFarmer

Post by FunFarmer »

canadafarms wrote:
FunFarmer wrote:
It was a good effort *thumbsup* it seems on here even if you try to do something for the good of everyone there will still be those who are against it :confusednew:
That seems to be the way everything is going anymore, on and off the internet. Oh well.
Just a guy, playing the game of life, and this game.
"PC" player. Modded to the teeth.
FS15/17, Saitek 3 piece, and a crappy lappy.

:hi: :gamer:
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

At least we gave it good shot. *thumbsup* I probably wouldn't like being a mod anyway, I have friends on here that I wouldn't want to lose just because of some position. :)

How to post your log.txt
mdoss

Post by mdoss »

W1der wrote: The real "issue" I see here, is when someone (usually new to the forum) asks a question only to get a face slap and told that there has been numerous discussions about this and bla bla bla ... Use the search function ... And so on ...

How about a friendly answer and a push in the right direction, either with instructions on how to use the search function or a link to the specific topic!?
Yes this makes me cringe!
When I see someone brand new post something that (to us) is obvious, or has been addressed 100 times already, then when someone belittles the mess out of them, it makes me embarrassed to be associated with these forums...

We were all there once!

I think my first post on here was something silly about the pressure washers. I asked if they add to the value of vehicles, or reduce maintenance costs, or increase their longevity or something.

No one jumped down my throat, they simply answered and said that, "no, it is just to make stuff look pretty".

That should be a top priority - making sure new people feel welcome.!

And to see members fighting and arguing is not good for new people to see either. We have to get this under control.
*thumbsup*
FS19 - PC version
FS17 - Xbox One version (occasionally on PC also)
Intel i7 2.8GHz, 16MB Ram, GeForce GTX 1050
Gamertag - "Dossmeister"
"Kindness is a language that the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

mdoss wrote:
W1der wrote: The real "issue" I see here, is when someone (usually new to the forum) asks a question only to get a face slap and told that there has been numerous discussions about this and bla bla bla ... Use the search function ... And so on ...

How about a friendly answer and a push in the right direction, either with instructions on how to use the search function or a link to the specific topic!?
When I see someone brand new post something that (to us) is obvious, or has been addressed 100 times already, then when someone belittles the mess out of them, it makes me embarrassed to be associated with these forums...

We were all there once!

I think my first post on here was something silly about the pressure washers. I asked if they add to the value of vehicles, or reduce maintenance costs, or increase their longevity or something.

No one jumped down my throat, they simply answered and said that, "no, it is just to make stuff look pretty".

And to see members fighting and arguing is not good for new people to see either. We have to get this under control.
*thumbsup*
Couldn't agree more with this post! I remember when I asked a question about the wheel and pedal set from the Saitek pack, asked Delta (the English moderator) and answered me in a really polite and friendly way. I felt welcomed, just look at my first post on the forum. But after that, I guess other people just got really mad at me because I didn't do something to please them in a certain way how I submitted my posts, oh well I said.

How to post your log.txt
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

FunFarmer wrote:
JohnDeere318 wrote:
BigC92 wrote: Because he or she has been dividing the forums, making for an uncomfortable visit, catch my drift?
Yes, and if we were elected as mods, we would be the ones to warn him when he gets out of control and possibly ban if he gets too out of control and if he is doing it repeatedly.
I think this idea is all for nought my friends. Send me a PM if you need anything.
Me to fellas.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

JohnDeere318 wrote:
mdoss wrote:

We were all there once!

*thumbsup*
Couldn't agree more with this post! I remember when I asked a question about the wheel and pedal set from the Saitek pack, asked Delta (the English moderator) and answered me in a really polite and friendly way. I felt welcomed, just look at my first post on the forum. But after that, I guess other people just got really mad at me because I didn't do something to please them in a certain way how I submitted my posts, oh well I said.
Im not starting anything, ok? Get that outta the way, but the simulation game i use to play, i was liked by pretty much everyone, but someone rubbed me the wrong way, i made that forum into ww3, and all i did was ask a simple question, and someone thought they were all that and a bag of chips, i even went to the moderator, nothing happened, i was a positive guy too, no idea what i did wrong.
manosaurus

Post by manosaurus »

Chips? Who's got chips? Lol
mdoss

Post by mdoss »

manosaurus wrote:Chips? Who's got chips? Lol
Ok, sorry, but I googled Dino eating chips.. I wasn't disappointed...

FS19 - PC version
FS17 - Xbox One version (occasionally on PC also)
Intel i7 2.8GHz, 16MB Ram, GeForce GTX 1050
Gamertag - "Dossmeister"
"Kindness is a language that the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain
manosaurus

Post by manosaurus »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

BigC92 wrote:
JohnDeere318 wrote:
mdoss wrote: Yes this makes me cringe!

We were all there once!

*thumbsup*
Im not starting anything, ok? Get that outta the way, but the simulation game i use to play, i was liked by pretty much everyone, but someone rubbed me the wrong way, i made that forum into ww3, and all i did was ask a simple question, and someone thought they were all that and a bag of chips, i even went to the moderator, nothing happened, i was a positive guy too, no idea what i did wrong.
Oh, no you haven't started anything. :smileynew: But that's what happened to me too when I was new to the forum. I don't think you did anything wrong, I think people just found something they hated about you and thought they could do what ever they pleased. It's not your fault, it's their's. :smileynew:

How to post your log.txt
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

JohnDeere318 wrote:
BigC92 wrote:
JohnDeere318 wrote: Couldn't agree more with this post! I remember when I asked a question about the wheel and pedal set from the Saitek pack, asked Delta (the English moderator) and answered me in a really polite and friendly way. I felt welcomed, just look at my first post on the forum. But after that, I guess other people just got really mad at me because I didn't do something to please them in a certain way how I submitted my posts, oh well I said.
Oh, no you haven't started anything. :smileynew: But that's what happened to me too when I was new to the forum. I don't think you did anything wrong, I think people just found something they hated about you and thought they could do what ever they pleased. It's not your fault, it's their's. :smileynew:
Like in real life.
manosaurus

Post by manosaurus »

I'm still disappointed nobody brought me chips...