Sandy Bay is out

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
chuckGnades

Re: Sandy Bay is out

Post by chuckGnades »

erict43 wrote:
Beasto420 wrote:Only thing I noticed is the mf7719 you start with my mirrors are glitchy on the side , 2 are black and one works , might be only PS4 other then that brilliant
The game engine has a limit on how many reflective surfaces it will render on the screen at once (I think it's 4 but I could be wrong). Once the limit is reached, mirrors will go black. If you change your view so that only one mirror is viewable you will probably not have any problem. Some maps have reflective surfaces on water, and that will use up available reflective surfaces, which is why you may notice the issue more on certain maps.

This happens on PC too, btw.
They never used to do that
Beasto420

Post by Beasto420 »

It maybe because these new maps are more complex with the water and stuff so I dunno it sounds legit goldcrest and the base game maps and just plain and blah
erict43

Post by erict43 »

chuckGnades wrote:
erict43 wrote:
Beasto420 wrote:Only thing I noticed is the mf7719 you start with my mirrors are glitchy on the side , 2 are black and one works , might be only PS4 other then that brilliant
The game engine has a limit on how many reflective surfaces it will render on the screen at once (I think it's 4 but I could be wrong). Once the limit is reached, mirrors will go black. If you change your view so that only one mirror is viewable you will probably not have any problem. Some maps have reflective surfaces on water, and that will use up available reflective surfaces, which is why you may notice the issue more on certain maps.

This happens on PC too, btw.
They never used to do that
I have noticed it from time to time on Lawfolds, which is what I play most of the time. Especially the tractors with dual mirrors on each side.
ArizonaSnow

Post by ArizonaSnow »

Beasto420 wrote:Yeah it's not for everyone but it is by far my favourite map, as for the top fields it's not floating , the fields are on a cliff edge which I find really cool and a good view
It's not a very good cliff edge then because you can see under the fields and can't see what is supporting them.
Beasto420

Post by Beasto420 »

Which number fields are you talking about I find it hard to tell if you can't give a number.
Joshj27a

Post by Joshj27a »

Love this map and I believe oxygendavid makes absolutely great maps. I love chellington that is the map I have played the most on. Sandy Bay is beautiful but the collisions on hedges and others things make it very difficult to really get into this map. I understand some people like the realism of collisions but I think it is much better if you can drive through them. If you don't like being able to drive through the hedges and other stuff then you still have the option to drive around them. I would really like to get into this map but the collisions make it difficult. Thanks oxygendavid for the maps you created for all of us!
Fight-Test

Post by Fight-Test »

Joshj27a wrote:Love this map and I believe oxygendavid makes absolutely great maps. I love chellington that is the map I have played the most on. Sandy Bay is beautiful but the collisions on hedges and others things make it very difficult to really get into this map. I understand some people like the realism of collisions but I think it is much better if you can drive through them. If you don't like being able to drive through the hedges and other stuff then you still have the option to drive around them. I would really like to get into this map but the collisions make it difficult. Thanks oxygendavid for the maps you created for all of us!

No one said farming was easy
ArizonaSnow

Post by ArizonaSnow »

Beasto420 wrote:Which number fields are you talking about I find it hard to tell if you can't give a number.
It's the field near the Lighthouse, at a guess I would say field 2. It might look different on PC but on PS4 you can definitely look under the field.
Joshj27a wrote:Love this map and I believe oxygendavid makes absolutely great maps. I love chellington that is the map I have played the most on. Sandy Bay is beautiful but the collisions on hedges and others things make it very difficult to really get into this map. I understand some people like the realism of collisions but I think it is much better if you can drive through them. If you don't like being able to drive through the hedges and other stuff then you still have the option to drive around them. I would really like to get into this map but the collisions make it difficult. Thanks oxygendavid for the maps you created for all of us!
I agree, the collisions are the main thing that ruins this map. Collisions maybe real for trees but not for bushes, tractors realistically can't drive through trees but they damn well can drive through/over bushes so therefore collisions on bushes breaks the realism.

Btw, I think oxygendavid does a great job making maps, the main map I'm playing at the moment is Chellington which I think is great despite it's bugs, but I think he has gone from one extreme to the other with the collisions. I like being able to drive through hedges which is totally possible in real life with a tractor, it may destroy them but it is possible. People want crop destruction and then they moan about being able to drive through hedges, what is their problem with this? Is it the fact that when they drive through the hedge they don't destroy it?
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

A lot of people like to play as realistically as possible. I live in Suffolk and am surrounded by fields. I have never seen a tractor drive through a hedge. Crop destruction is real, driving through hedges isn't. I don't even see why you need to. Plenty of room to get into the fields.
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
Beasto420

Post by Beasto420 »

Goose66 wrote:A lot of people like to play as realistically as possible. I live in Suffolk and am surrounded by fields. I have never seen a tractor drive through a hedge. Crop destruction is real, driving through hedges isn't. I don't even see why you need to. Plenty of room to get into the fields.

Yeah that's why I like to play these modded maps because of the realism I find the base maps so blah and boring , but I mean they are okay , but I do try to play as realistically as I can.
farmermas

Post by farmermas »

I just wanted to compliment the author. There's something about oxygendavids maps.. there's nothing particularly dramatic about them.. its just the placement of every single thing in the map, the layout, is pretty close to flawless for what it is. Not a shrub looks out of place.

If he's reading this.. could we please get chellington extended!?! The non extended version is terrible.. you can see the border tree's. With the extended version, there's another row of fields to buffer the horrible sides, and the farm and the inner fields become a dream playset. There's something about the cleaned up chellington farm in the base that's significantly worse than extended from 15.

Thanks for Sandy Bay, its amazing!
PaulDuPouy

Post by PaulDuPouy »

I'm thrilled to be starting out a game on this map, only issue thus far is trying to navigate the rigid frame jympa ripper into fields. How big is the field just south of the store anyways?
mtx95sho on XB1, Oct. '17 convert to the master race :hi:
Guil

Post by Guil »

If you have the holmer hr12 header trailer you can use that to transport the jympa plows. They fit on it nicely.
Metal Moss

Post by Metal Moss »

Thanks Guil never thought of that, I had that same problem too
Guil

Post by Guil »

I posted a pic here with the biggest jympa on it. I'll try find it.