High End HP tractors not needed, whats your input

p0wd3rp1l0t

High End HP tractors not needed, whats your input

Post by p0wd3rp1l0t »

It seems to me that any tractor over 400hp is not needed in the game. I have my Fendt 939 rated at 390hp and it pulls all implements at max speed. As far as hauling grain, I use semis for that so not counting that. But to me either one of two things need to happen:

1: Need to adjust how much HP is required for implements to actually "need" to use the biggest tractors to pull the biggest implements

2: Put bigger implements in the game to utilize biggest tractors

With the Big Bud DLC I am hoping we get bigger implements, but my guess is we wont. That would make Big Bud virtually useless in my opinion. I don't use the highest hp tractors since there isn't an advantage using them over the Fendt 939, plus the Fendt has a transport speed of 39mph vs 24mph for all the 500+hp tractors. I don't use many modded implements since most of them are unrealistic.

What's everyone else's thoughts on this?
Gaming PC
Bradleyson

Re: High End HP tractors not needed, whats your input

Post by Bradleyson »

I thought this was the case until I played coldborough. Going up some of those inclines while sowing or cultivating can be very hard on a tractor, some might opt for the bigger tractors when working on a field that is on a hill or has steep inclines. What I hate most is that non of the big high end tractors can have tools are the front... would love to be able to attach mow
Null

Post by Null »

Too much horsepower?
bale_baron

Post by bale_baron »

The problem is not that the implements are too small, the problem is that the game engine is tuned for playability rather than realism.

All fillTypes has unrealistic weights (about 50% of real values), a trailer load of wheat handles like it was styrofoam. (there is a mod though that adjusts fillTypes to be realistic https://www.modhoster.com/mods/filltype ... degewichte)

Another thing is unrealistic traction and silly low requirements to pull the implements.

And again, I think all this is to make the game more playable for the inexperienced farmers.
More realism does not always mean more fun, not to most of the players at least.

The good thing is, if you want to tune the game to be more realistic and are on PC, there are lots of mods like the one mentioned.
Gnasher3i6

Post by Gnasher3i6 »

The Bugatti Veyron 16.4 puts out 1,200hp, I seriously doubt that it needs all that.
I cant see them replacing the engine with a Lada VAZ-2101 with 59hp just because that's all it needs.

As for a tractor, If it's got more hp then you need in FS... Use it anyway, it's not gonna hurt, and all the townspeople will see you driving the Bugatti of tractors (If you play long enough, what else will you spend the £££ millions on?).
Plus you never know, you might need the extra power at some point.
UK - PS4/PC Player
mdoss

Post by mdoss »

I guess it's good that they're there, but I don't use them. Kinda seems like overkill for any of my farming needs.

But you can bet, if we didn't have them, I'm sure people would be complaining that "We don't have enough 400HP tractors!" :mrgreen:
FS19 - PC version
FS17 - Xbox One version (occasionally on PC also)
Intel i7 2.8GHz, 16MB Ram, GeForce GTX 1050
Gamertag - "Dossmeister"
"Kindness is a language that the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain
garyst

Post by garyst »

It's just like in real life over in my area anything above 400 hp is pretty much considered a scraper tractor. Most the tractors in my area are in the 150 to 300 hp range. Biggest tractor i use on farming simulator is the 340 magnum.
Christopher73

Post by Christopher73 »

Gnasher3i6 wrote:The Bugatti Veyron 16.4 puts out 1,200hp, I seriously doubt that it needs all that.
Actually the Veyron needs all of that to reach its top speed of 268 mph. Does everyone need to go 268 mph probably not. But that is why it takes and has so much horse power.

Correction. The 16.4 does 253 mph. The gand sport does 268 mph.
Playing on PS4
Null

Post by Null »

Christopher73 wrote:The gand sport does 268 mph.
Meanwhile, cruising in fifth gear...
Christopher73

Post by Christopher73 »

I like having the high hp tractors due to the fact I prefer the larger fields. Large equipment works great on Westbridge Hills, Sosnovka, Goldcrest Valley and Bjornholm. A lot of people like playing the small hedgerow surrounded plots. I do not. Large tractors would not work well on those fields. That is what is so great about this game, there is so much freedom for individual to play they're kind of game. I do wish we had more tractors with dual rear wheels.
Playing on PS4
BullFarmer

Post by BullFarmer »

There is some good and realistic mod equipment out there. I have a John deere ripper that requires 600hp to pull, as well as cultivators and seeders that require 400-500hp.
I am playing on Rattlesnake Valley and some of the fields I own now have very steep hills and require far more horsepower than stated on the equipment so I am forced to buy very large tractors.
Playing on PS4 and PC.
I7 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, GTX960 2Gb graphics.

Farmer/tractor driver in real life.
lexiontech

Post by lexiontech »

I think they need bigger equipment, on my family farm we run two challenger MT865C's for our heavy pulling. We run a 70 foot air drill with 950 bu cart, 2 56 foot chisel plows, a 56 foot coulter disc, a 100 foot harrow, a 1500 bushel grain cart, and a tile plow. This game does not have equipment that even comes close to that, but they do have bigger tractors than the MT865 so my money is on bigger implements which I really hope are coming with the next DLC.
Angryfarmer

Post by Angryfarmer »

I use the big tractors a lot. I also like to play maps with lots of hills and rolling fields. That's where the big power comes in. The big bud dlc should finally give the big tractors something to use their power on. The 24ft seed hawk air seeder seems to be the only definite piece of equipment of the 11 in the dlc
lexiontech

Post by lexiontech »

Angryfarmer wrote:I use the big tractors a lot. I also like to play maps with lots of hills and rolling fields. That's where the big power comes in. The big bud dlc should finally give the big tractors something to use their power on. The 24ft seed hawk air seeder seems to be the only definite piece of equipment of the 11 in the dlc
FT or M? I think seed hawk makes air drills from 70 - 84 feet. I sure hope we are getting one of those!
jenna_q

Post by jenna_q »

True, for the most part you don't need anything more than 400, but as everyone has already said, it really shows on the hilly maps. Also I am currently playing with some of those Lemken mods with the subsoiler and cultivators and that requires a decent amount of power. Then a lot of it is personal preference, and I really love those big boy, heavy hitters so I use them for a lot of work.
"In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity." Sun Tzu, The Art of War