Where to start for getting a pc

Princeguardian

Where to start for getting a pc

Post by Princeguardian »

Okay by Christmas im coming back to the pc world but where do i start. The last time i bought a pc was 2005 and it was playing games up til 2015 when it died :frown: . I know some of you on here weren't even a twinkle in your parents eyes when i bought that thing. So from fs2008 to fs 2015. Rome total war to rome 2 total war. Morrowind to skyrim. Civ 3 to civ 5. Dos to windows xp. That thing was a beast and i never did any upgrades to it. A lot has changed since getting that dell. I realize some of it is preferrence, nvidia or radon, are they still around?
So what i need, tower, monitor, speakers, key board, mouse, i think that covers it, and top end is 2 grand. 1500 or lower would be best. I want to run fs 2017 and 2019 on highest graphics, ill hit total war series again(we got warhammer, what?) And skyrim. My mods folders will be huge. Would like to try my hand at modding too. This thing needs to last a while. So where do i start? :search: :mrgreen:
Princeguardian

Re: Where to start for getting a pc

Post by Princeguardian »

Oh and me assembling is out of question. Too many little components and my carple tunnel would scream at me. So complete kit needs to happen.
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

So you are looking to find a pre-built PC? Ok, first I always check Best Buy, Newegg, or Amazon. Best place is going to be Newegg, since they specialize in Computer everything!

The one you have to look for is at least an Intel i5 Quad Core or better/newer. A GPU with good performance, AMD RX 480 4GB or 8GB, or Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB. I highly recommend you go towards the Nvidia, because it will out-perform the other GPU, but I have had very good results with AMD, which is why I plan to stick with them, plus they have AMD ReLive, which you can record in 60FPS and it has great quality, which is why I recommend the RX 480 as well. I have a RX 470, but the 480 is a lot better than my 470. I can play FS17 with settings on the default Very High, I have not messed around with settings much on it with my card as I like where I have it now. With an RX 480, you will be able to do much more, I guarantee it. The GTX 1060, boy you will probably have fun with it since it is more powerful and a little more future proof than the RX 480. Both cards, I highly recommend, both will do the job. *thumbsup*

Just search through Newegg and spot some ones that I listed above that have those parts in them. Be sure to reply back which pre-built systems you found. They don't have to be exactly like above. :smileynew:
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

u r right JohnDeere but might I suggest an 8-core or higher.. the quad cores r really good and popular but if he is looking for something that will be good in 2-4 years maybe spending just a bit extra for the better processor.. as to the video card its hard to say as this tech evolves pretty fast.. my last gaming rig came with a 4 gig gpu and that thing was a beast.. like top notch on gpu performance.. now 4 gig is pretty well the standard for new video cards.. but the GTX 1060 is a fine video card that should continue playing games smooth for at least a couple years.. and if AMD is preferred then they have one (I don't remember the model right off hand) that was designed to compete with the Nvidia and if memory serves it had really good bench marks and was on par with it.. u cant really go wrong either way.. and considering your budget offers a bit of flexibility for choosing things I would say to go with a SSD right out of the package.. the load times r better and they r the big thing in storage right now.. and a lack of moving parts in the SSDs should promote cooler operating temps and longer life expectancy
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
Princeguardian

Post by Princeguardian »

Thanks! Okay i will start search in that direction. There is just so much out there. On monitor do i need to go to 4k, is that the new direction everyone is heading?
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Depends do graphics matter more than fps?
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
PrincessJessi84

yea I jumped right in there and answered that without reading the context of the above question lol.. I would say that while its certainly not required to have 4k graphics the quality is considerably higher with the 4k.. 4k is the hot thing right now but it will not make an impact on gameplay.. in the end it boils down to your preference.. r u willing to pay more money for a sharper image?
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

I would also suggest going to DigitalStorm. They will help you build a computer you can afford, they even overclock the cpu and graphics cards for you if you want.
PC gamer.
crash

Post by crash »

heres roughly the pc i bought 6 months ago:) ryzen 7, asus gtx 1060 6gb oc, 16gb ram, m.2 256gb storage and a simple case, 1250ish dollars.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/nYWGZ8
Last edited by crash on Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

I'm not sure if that is an issue only in my country but whatever I did I just couldn't go below a PS4 price when I try to build up a PC or buy a pre-build one.
They are just at least 2 times the price of a PS4.
A PS4 Pro is like €450 whereas an equivalent PC is at the very least 2 times of that price.
PS5 / FS22
PrincessJessi84

wow that's so crazy cause that's like $900 for something with an amd rx480 gpu at best.. someone needs to let Best Buy know cause they r selling a dell with a rx580 8gb card for only $1050.. but clearly based on your research they r next to giving it away.. I mean.. based on your math that same pc should be like $1800 or more because it would chew a ps4 pro up and spit out its mangled corpse due to the foul cheap taste it left behind :lol:
PC
2x 24" Dell Monitors
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

RODHA wrote:I'm not sure if that is an issue only in my country but whatever I did I just couldn't go below a PS4 price when I try to build up a PC or buy a pre-build one.
They are just at least 2 times the price of a PS4.
A PS4 Pro is like €450 whereas an equivalent PC is at the very least 2 times of that price.
Ya same I can never get a pic under $500 :neutralnew:
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
PrincessJessi84

redglasses wrote:Ya same I can never get a pic under $500 :neutralnew:
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/cybertronp ... Id=5392302 this would get u in the door and certainly playing games like fs17 with little to no issues at all.. then upgrade the gpu as u go
PC
2x 24" Dell Monitors
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

PrincessJessi84 wrote:based on your math that same pc should be like $1800 or more because it would chew a ps4 pro up and spit out its mangled corpse due to the foul cheap taste it left behind :lol:
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: this just made my day. A great way of putting it *thumbsup* :mrgreen:

It is about taxes. They are high as the skies here.

So, I'm not sure if it is worthed that money to buy a pc or just keep going with a ps.

I will wait for ps5 specs and how much more will Giants support the console version in FS19. Then I will decide what to do.
PS5 / FS22
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

I bought mine for under $500, granted it was right at the line. It runs FS 30 fps at high settings with a lot of mods. May not be the best, but it works. I can give you a link if you want
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10