Horsch AgroVation DLC

Nigelbilt

Re: Horsch AgroVation DLC

Post by Nigelbilt »

RODHA wrote:
Nigelbilt wrote:Or.....consoles are just useless ingeneral. You all knowingly purchased a game that you knew was limited by the inherent limitations of the platform. GIANTS already makes sacrifices to the series so it can be on consoles, but that's not good enough? You all want more? Consoles are what's holding back this series.
If you want all the benefits of the PC version, get a PC.
This was the most illiterate comment I've ever seen in this forum so far.
You have no authentic knowledge or information on anything that is going on but you still have an opinion.
Amazing.
What? They literally gave us the information about "what is going on". It is pretty much the opposite of illiterate. Spelling, grammar and punctuation all seem correct.

PS Bigc That's.......not really how it works. I mean the internet has been around for quite awhile now and I assume most people have learnt to use it. anyone with even a basic understand of computing, not even computing, just using the internet doesn't really deal with any of that. I mean, who still just clicks on random links, who still downloads random stuff from random sites and who still pays for antivirus? Why would a friend send you a virus and why would you run the executable without checking it first?
Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO

Post by Stegei »

Nigelbilt, putting it that way is definitely not right. Consoles do have some constraints which definitely prevent us from doing all cool things we would like to do, but it's not all bad about it. And also the PC has a lot of downsides, starting at the extremely large range hardware specs, to the possibility that people can change anything (and thus also break anything), etc. If we could just target the hardware that the XB1 and PS4 have, we would be able to optimize a lot more for the specific hardware and get a lot more out of that. So in essence, both the consoles and the PC do block each other in different parts.
But on the other side, they also help each other a lot, since we're able to reach a much large audience with not a huge amount of extra work per platform, so that we're able to spend more into the development and thus get a better overall experience.

But anyway, please get back to the original topic.
Nigelbilt

Post by Nigelbilt »

Stegei wrote:Nigelbilt, putting it that way is definitely not right. Consoles do have some constraints which definitely prevent us from doing all cool things we would like to do
We are in agreement. I get you/GIANTS can't come out and say that console development is not good for the series. You are a business, your job is to create a product and sell it. There are a lot of toasters sitting in people's living rooms that could have a copy of FS17 installed on them. There is nothing wrong with that.

But what *censored* for us is that you guys are definitely prevented from making the cool things you want because of console. And to top that off, on here and on Facebook is it constant whining about how console users are being screwed/oppressed or whatever. I mean look at this thread. You guys make something super cool. You guys could make a whole bunch more super cool stuff like this, but what happens? Look at the console users replies in this thread. Look at the disgusting stuff on Facebook when this posted. If they can't have it, no one should. Instead of being praised for making something super awesome, you get bagged on.....constantly.

That's all I got. Just tired of the GIANTS bashing from the console crowd. It's all me me me here, Facebook, Reddit, wherever.
Last edited by Nigelbilt on Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Thank you for the explanation Stegei :hi:
May I ask you this?
Horsch equipments are one of my favorites in the game.
And their complex in Czech Republic looks like an amazing place to play FS17.
So, when I first saw that topic I got really excited and you can imagine the disappointment that comes after I learn it will only be for PC.
I know you are doing eveything that is efficiently and effectively possible for consoles but isn't there even a small chance of consoles getting this DLC may be in a stripped or modified way?
PS5 / FS22
TobiHH

Post by TobiHH »

Just accept it like a man...:)
empato

Post by empato »

The map will also not be released on console. that`s just clearly mentioned from the modding team in the german forum.

viewtopic.php?f=881&t=118772&start=15#p928966
Eicher-Fan

Post by Eicher-Fan »

Chiefly this expansion was developed only for internal use at Horsch because they want to train their employees with this virtual AgroVation - it was not built for the FS community.
That it is now going to be released is just a nice gesture but they do not incur liabilities, for example like making a version for consoles to provide this DLC to all gamers.
Gruß Leonard

VertexDezign.net
Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO

Post by Stegei »

We will see what we can do to make it available on consoles as well. The map might probably be released as a mod as it is not using any scripts (although other blockers might exist that I'm not aware of yet). Also we're thinking about releasing the vehicles as a DLC on consoles, which does allow us to use the scripts they're using. But it still needs to be decided on our side, and it needs to be discussed with Focus and Horsch, especially since this Horsch pack has primarily been developed as a marketing and training tool for Horsch.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

I hope things would go on the positive side Stegei. Again thank you for the info and explanation :hi: I'll be waiting for some good news.
PS5 / FS22
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Well done Stegei. Giants are really going all out listening to the community since FS17. A rare, but welcome sight from a software developer. :)

I'm not a console gamer, and I too am frustrated with the constant "is it coming to consoles" posts here, elsewhere and on social media. This is the first iteration of the game where consoles get mods at all, but according to the vocal minority, that's not enough. Please just be thankful that Giants opened up mods for consoles at all - it's rare for a relatively small developer (compared to the AAA games) to be able to offer such modding support let alone mods for consoles.

I'm sure Giants are still learning with the Mod Hub and console mods, and I'm confident that FS19 will see improvements in various aspects of it for all players.

Remember this is Horsch, and Horsch themselves can't deliver a console DLC. We need to be thankful that Giants are prepared to even look at the possibility, as most developers would have just ignored it. I'm disappointed that there has only been one post of thanks since Stegei's post.
STL

Post by STL »

[quote="Stegei"]Nigelbilt, putting it that way is definitely not right. PC has a lot of downsides, starting at the extremely large range hardware specs, to the possibility that people can change anything (and thus also break anything), etc. If we could just target the hardware that the XB1 and PS4 have, we would be able to optimize a lot more for the specific hardware and get a lot more out of that.

So we are in agreement, but as a business Giants wants to profit from PC sales too. :hi:
IseOlen

Post by IseOlen »

Stegei,
would it be possible to release an update for consoles that would just include most popular scripts (just check "PC-mods with scripts" download stats)? After that console players could have mods using those scripts and a lot of this nonsense would go away?

Disclaimer: a PC player here. Would have dropped the game a long time ago if it were as limited as it seems on consoles.
Guil

Post by Guil »

I'm hoping lisertan or someone from giants will get me a copy from agritechnica :lol: :lol:
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

^^ :lol: :lol:
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

You are on console Guil :coolnew:
Ok, at least your were :biggrin2: Still you should wait for a "may be" console release as your veins still have console blood :biggrin2:
PS5 / FS22