Horsch AgroVation DLC

FordFarmer97

Re: Horsch AgroVation DLC

Post by FordFarmer97 »

IseOlen wrote:Stegei,
would it be possible to release an update for consoles that would just include most popular scripts (just check "PC-mods with scripts" download stats)? After that console players could have mods using those scripts and a lot of this nonsense would go away?

Disclaimer: a PC player here. Would have dropped the game a long time ago if it were as limited as it seems on consoles.
This is good, but I don't think Giants owns those scripts. At least I think that's why
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
IseOlen

Post by IseOlen »

1. Ask permission/pay the owner;
2. Ask the owner to make the script available to all - there are quite a few L-s that allow different levels of uses.
Pity if this is all down to some legal stuff.
Guil

Post by Guil »

RODHA wrote:You are on console Guil :coolnew:
Ok, at least your were :biggrin2: Still you should wait for a "may be" console release as your veins still have console blood :biggrin2:
Still play on my ps4 sometimes. Must update my sig haha.
aklein

Post by aklein »

Guil, or someone else from Giants if you could confirm that this expansion will be offered to PC players in 2018 at no cost.

There are some folks speculating that its free to conference attendees but Giants will market it for cost to everyone else that can not physically attend. I feel that it will be free to everyone (PC users sadly) just delayed until 2018. My speculation is that with the platinum DLC being released next month the Horsch deal would be lost or the Horsch deal would overshadow the platinum update so general release is delayed until 2018. I'm hoping for a Christmas gift from Giants myself.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

IseOlen wrote:1. Ask permission/pay the owner;
2. Ask the owner to make the script available to all - there are quite a few L-s that allow different levels of uses.
Pity if this is all down to some legal stuff.
Its not the owner its microsoft and Sony who has the hold
wildberry

Post by wildberry »

BigC92 wrote:if a friend sends you to s website for a mod to download, you find out that it has a lot of viruses, then you have to wipe your PC clean,
Which says more about your friends, and those websites than anything about PCs or the game. It is called think before you click...

Anyway, can't wait to get my hands on some of those test Horsch equipment. Well done to all involved to make us drool over something we have to wait for till 2018 :lol:
MC, aka Master of Cereals
Amboss
GIANTS Software | Head of Marketing & PR

Post by Amboss »

aklein wrote:Guil, or someone else from Giants if you could confirm that this expansion will be offered to PC players in 2018 at no cost.

There are some folks speculating that its free to conference attendees but Giants will market it for cost to everyone else that can not physically attend. I feel that it will be free to everyone (PC users sadly) just delayed until 2018. My speculation is that with the platinum DLC being released next month the Horsch deal would be lost or the Horsch deal would overshadow the platinum update so general release is delayed until 2018. I'm hoping for a Christmas gift from Giants myself.
Your guess is pretty good. There is so much going on around Agritechnica but it's a perfect opportunity to distribute the set physically. It'll spread 'virally' afterwards (disc content is not encyrpted) with a free public release at a later point in 2018.
SimulatedSphere

Post by SimulatedSphere »

consoles have more power than a pc for a cheaper price.Unless you buy a used pc.
XBOX ONE S ( I don't have limited power :biggrin2: )| FS17 | UK
Just waiting for FS19!
I play with as much realism as possible :wink3:
XBOX ONE S ¦ On Estancia / Sussex Farm / Oakfield |FS13 , FS15 , FS17
Thank you to all modders out there , the game would never be the same without you!😎 :hi:
Thank you to Giants as my Xbox would never be the same without you!😎 :hi:
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

@SimulatedSphere: you might find the following interesting: http://www.pcgamer.com/heres-how-micros ... s-to-a-pc/
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

Stegei wrote:Nigelbilt, putting it that way is definitely not right. Consoles do have some constraints which definitely prevent us from doing all cool things we would like to do, but it's not all bad about it. And also the PC has a lot of downsides, starting at the extremely large range hardware specs, to the possibility that people can change anything (and thus also break anything), etc. If we could just target the hardware that the XB1 and PS4 have, we would be able to optimize a lot more for the specific hardware and get a lot more out of that. So in essence, both the consoles and the PC do block each other in different parts.
But on the other side, they also help each other a lot, since we're able to reach a much large audience with not a huge amount of extra work per platform, so that we're able to spend more into the development and thus get a better overall experience.

But anyway, please get back to the original topic.
So in reality the PC is holding the consoles back.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

FordFarmer97 wrote:
would it be possible to release an update for consoles that would just include most popular scripts (just check "PC-mods with scripts" download stats)? After that console players could have mods using those scripts and a lot of this nonsense would go away?

Disclaimer: a PC player here. Would have dropped the game a long time ago if it were as limited as it seems on consoles.
This is good, but I don't think Giants owns those scripts. At least I think that's why
Hey Fred promise us you will not become a nice guy when you move to PC like alot of these PC guys are.Remember where you came from.

edit by guil. Next time you will get a warning.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.

Mike3650

Post by Mike3650 »

You are hilarious Taco.
Nigelbilt

Post by Nigelbilt »

Seems like a nice guy :|
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

TacoFarmer wrote:
FordFarmer97 wrote:

Hey Fred promise us you will not become a nice guy when you move to PC like alot of these PC guys are.Remember where you came from.

edit by guil. Next time you will get a warning.
Actually you should be a nice guy.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.

FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

^^ Um, okay. :lol: :lol:
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.