Daily Fee

Uncle Fred

Daily Fee

Post by Uncle Fred »

It is my personal feeling, but I think if there is a daily maintenance fee being charged, then there should not be a repair cost, and likewise, if you have a repair cost, then the daily maintenance should not be active. Why repair the equipment twice? :confusednew:
ClassicTractors

Re: Daily Fee

Post by ClassicTractors »

I think daily maintenance would be things like fuel, air for tires (electricity used for powering air compressor), consumables that are used daily etc. The repair cost I think of as more like filter changes, oil changes, things that are done a lot less. That is why I think it is done like that.
CT Modding: Bringing the past to Farming Simulator....one machine at a time.

There's bound to be rough waters
And I know I'll take some falls
But with the good Lord as my captain
I can make it through them all

- Garth Brooks
Uncle Fred

Post by Uncle Fred »

I would except that if it was in the low 10's of dollars a day and we didnt have to buy fuel, but when it's a couple hundred a day for tractors, and thousand a day for combines, thats a bit more than ancillary items, even if you include prices for insurance. Then there are items like bale forks that have a daily maitenance cost as well (really?).
I know these items need t be maintained, and I accept thier occasional repair costs, I'm just saying, give us one or the other, but not both. Or, give us the option to switch one off.
I may need to wait for a Mod, because I don't think the devs are too concerned on this point.

P.S.
Good quote :)
ClassicTractors

Post by ClassicTractors »

I see what you mean, and I do agree that the maintenance costs are crazily high....after thinking about this, I do think it should be one or the other. I do also think that it is odd to have maintenance cost on loader tools. The maintenance costs should just be included in the repair cost when repair is necessary. I think with both costs the fuel should be refilled at the end of the day.
Uncle Fred wrote:
P.S.
Good quote :)
Thanks!
CT Modding: Bringing the past to Farming Simulator....one machine at a time.

There's bound to be rough waters
And I know I'll take some falls
But with the good Lord as my captain
I can make it through them all

- Garth Brooks
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Ya I would rather have my tractors break down and repair them manually instead of paying crazy high prices per day
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
IseOlen

Post by IseOlen »

In vanilla game you get to harvest every day. So basiacally 1 day= 1 year real life. So thousand a year for a harvester sounds too much? Really?!
I play with Seasons+hard and I would say even then the maintenance is nothing compared to the value of crops you are able to get. Just don't hoard equipment.
empato

Post by empato »

IseOlen wrote:In vanilla game you get to harvest every day. So basiacally 1 day= 1 year real life. So thousand a year for a harvester sounds too much? Really?!
I play with Seasons+hard and I would say even then the maintenance is nothing compared to the value of crops you are able to get. Just don't hoard equipment.
The seasons mod also changes the maintenance costs, so you can`t really compare that with the vanilla game.
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

We have this morning written a blog post to explain the background and reasoning behind maintenance and repair in Seasons. This might answer the questions from OP.

Link to the post:
https://www.realismusmodding.com/blog/2 ... epair.html
El3mentGamer

Post by El3mentGamer »

realismusmodding.com wrote:The costs algorithms have been calibrated to real life data on maintenance of agricultural machinery. Where no data was found, assumptions where made.
That excites me. Adds that extra touch of realistic immersion!

Thanks for the share!
PS4: EL3MENTGAMER // GÓRALE - FS17 // SEASONS
Uncle Fred

Post by Uncle Fred »

IseOlen wrote:In vanilla game you get to harvest every day. So basiacally 1 day= 1 year real life. So thousand a year for a harvester sounds too much? Really?!
I understand what you are saying, and I agree with you that there is a need for repair expenses. Especially when one crop is equal to one year (in most places this can be true, but where I live, if one is very lucky, you might get three crops/yr, but two/yr is normal) I just dont think maintenance needs to be paid twice.

I play exclusively on hard, with slow growth, in real time (most of the time, except for 9pm-6am gametime when I have the clock set to 120x) and without the Seasons Mod (maybe later?). Hopefully there will be a mod that can deactivate one or the other (?).

I love the game, and this will not stop me from playing it even if it doesn't get changed.

The next time you have dinner, thank a farmer.
Uncle Fred

Post by Uncle Fred »

reallogger:

Thank you soooooo much for the post! *thumbsup*

That does help alot with issues I had. Seasons may be the item I've been looking for to correct a number of things. I will try it sooner than later. :smileynew:
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

Uncle Fred wrote:reallogger:

Thank you soooooo much for the post! *thumbsup*

That does help alot with issues I had. Seasons may be the item I've been looking for to correct a number of things. I will try it sooner than later. :smileynew:
That is very nice to hear. Several have asked about the same, but when I read your post I decided to write a response that turned so long that it was better to publish it on our blog. :) As you wrote about repair and maintenance I just assumed you played with Seasons. But now it seems like you will anyway. *thumbsup*